Hello Hello!!!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello Hello!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Orielle2023
    @orielle21
      • Total Posts: 173

Good evening to everybody! I am super excited to be here! Over the last couple years, writing has definitely taken the back burner but I am ready to get inspired to unearth my projects and share them with all of you! I really have never had anyone else read my writing besides my fam so this is exciting and scary. 😉 Please don’t be shy to share your opinions, suggestions, and most importantly corrections on my writing

I have written a book….it’s the first in a series of five that I would love to write someday. I will be revealing my charries from that eventually and releasing bits and pieces of the story. I have not edited it very much but it is passed the first draft stage.

I love writing historical fiction and have a series called “Journey to the past” where kids from the 21st century get transported back in time to different historical events and get to experience everything how it happened. I will share some of those as well. I also wrote one about four kids who get pulled into Tolkien’s middle earth………

Now some of you might be wondering if I have anything going at the moment…truth is, I work full time so right now my WIP is just an idea. However, I have the plot ready and have started developing the characters. (It will be a medieval romance short story).  I am hoping that the forum experience will motivate me to keep going despite a busy and hectic life. It would be much better for me to spend my time in the evenings exercising my brain and sharing my work with you then to be glued to my phone.

*confesses with a wry expression and wave of guilt*

Some things about me? I love birds, coffee (currently a baby barista), plants, and people. I am a follower of Jesus, am learning Spanish (hola mis amigos, como estan), and can play flute and violin.

So, here I am! Looking forward to getting to know everybody.

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Arien
      @arien
        • Total Posts: 193

@orielle21

Hello Orielle! (Lovely name, by the way!) Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

I’m Arien, a fellow busy writer trying to fit it in among many other things! I play the violin and am learning Spanish as well! (Me encanta escribir y practicar el violín, es un instrumento muy divertido)

And yay, another LOTR fan! You’ve found the right place! And oh wow, I want to go to Middle Earth so badly! Who’s your favorite character from LOTR? Mine is Eowyn, followed by Faramir, Sam, and Merry.

So, for newbie questions!

1. Would you rather travel to the past or the future?

2. Top three favorite characters from all of literature?

3. Cats or dogs?

4. Favorite book?

5. Would you rather ride a dragon or a unicorn?

Nice to meet you and looking forward to seeing you around!

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
        -Christopher Blakewell

Arien
        @arien
          • Total Posts: 193
          Felicity
          @felicity
            • Total Posts: 811

@orielle21

Hey! Nice to meet you!

I’m Felicity, an aspiring author, homesteader and follower of Jesus! Your “Journey to the Past” stories sound really interesting!

*high five* Yes, if you’re a LoTR fan, you’re in the right place! 😀 My favorite character is Sam Gamgee.

That’s neat that you’re a barista! (I’m assuming baby barista means you’re still in the learning process?) My sister works at a coffee shop too!

As is the tradition around here, questions come next:

1. If you could have any super power, what would it be?

2. If you could live in any alternate universe, which would it be?

He must increase, but I must decrease.

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2794

@orielle21

Hello! And welcome to KP!

Violin and flute sound awesome! I play clarinet, but haven’t picked it up on awhile cuz of writing and art lol. Spanish sounds fun! I’m learning American sign language. Your stories sound interesting!

I’m Mineralized writings around here!

I’m currently writing a dystopian ya fiction. It’s a novel atm, but I’d like to make it a graphic novel. I like to draw, and it’s probobly the hobby I spend the most time on. I’m a hobby rotation person 🤣 so I also speedcube, leather work, and do random crafts. But not all at once. Oh, you like birds?! Well then, time for some oddly specific birding questions! I don’t bird atm, but I used too and might pick it up again… if there were some safer birding locations around me   -_-

1. What would be scarier to see in the middle of the night?

A boatbill? Or a frogmouth?

2. Favorite bird you have seen?

3. Bird you would love to see? (doesn’t have to be in your region)

4. Given the choice to see either, would you see a pygmy owl, or a Steller’s sea eagle?

Ok lol. Back to the normal newbie questions.

1. Favorite character to write and why?

2. Favorite theme to express in your writing?

3. Are snakes cool? (answer wisely…jk)

4. What kind of music do you like?

5. Are you a plotter, or a “just go for it” kind of writer?

6. Favorite book to read?

Anyways, great to meet you, hope you like it here!

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2020

@orielle21

Hello welcome to KP!

I’m Loopy. I’m a girl who loves coming up with fantasy stories and making art. I’ve never finished a story though, so I’m really impressed that you finished the first draft of your book. It’s also really cool that you know Spanish! I know Latin so I think I can kinda translate? “Hello, my friends. How are you”? Was that right? 😅

Anyway, here’s some traditional newbie questions!

1. Who is your favorite character that you made up?

2.How many siblings do you have?

3.What’s you favorite season?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Orielle2023
                @orielle21

@arien

Hola Arien. Mucho gusto amiga. Que emocionante. Que es tu cancion favorita tocar en el violin?

Hello Orielle! (Lovely name, by the way!) Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

Thank you so much. It’s a combination of an elvish name and the oriole bird. 🙂

Favorite characters from LOTR?? Eowyn…she’s my favorite kind of lady: bold, strong, and courageous yet not lacking in any of the feminine qualities. I also like Legolas and Aragorn…(I had a crush on the former for a while.) *grins maturely, remembering the past* If you find a way to go to middle earth, let me know.

1. Would you rather travel to the past or the future?

Past, definitely the past. It has inspired most of my writing and I want to be able to do the same thing that my charries get to do. 🙂

2. Top three favorite characters from all of literature?

OOOOO….this is going to be hard. VERY HARD.

Jo March, Maggie (in Calico Bush by Rachel Field), and Sam Gribley (My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George).

3. Cats or dogs?

Perros.

4. Favorite book?

Hard one for me. But I would say the LOTR trilogy. Hopefully that counts as one?! *remembers a friend that has all the books in one cover and smiles triumphantly*

5. Would you rather ride a dragon or a unicorn?

Unique question. I would say dragon because I can get a unicorn experience on a horse…all I would have to do is imagine the horn. If I had the chance to ride a dragon without being harmed, I’d go for it. 😉

Thanks for the warm welcome.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Orielle2023.

Orielle2023
                  @orielle21

@arien

Awwww. You are very sweet. 🙂 Abrazos.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Orielle2023.

Orielle2023
                    @orielle21

@felicity

Hi! Thanks for the welcome!!

Really cool about your sister. Yes, I am still learning to navigate the barista world. Takes lots of practice!!

1. If you could have any super power, what would it be?

2. If you could live in any alternate universe, which would it be?

I would love to be able to fly, to experience the world like a bird can.

Alternate universe….does Middle Earth count???

I’m planning to share a “Journey to the Past” story soon!

Orielle2023
                      @orielle21

@mineralizedwritings

Hello and thank you so much for the welcome. Nice to meet you too. Wow! American sign language….that’s amazing!

1. What would be scarier to see in the middle of the night?

A boatbill? Or a frogmouth?

OOOO, probably a frogmouth. They are a little unnerving and would be worse in the dark. Lol.

2. Favorite bird you have seen?

This is a hard question….wow. Hmm. Maybe Black Crowned Night heron, though the Scarlet Tanager is pretty amazing, and I love Bald Eagles. (They are doing super well right now and more often then not I see them flying over my yard, sometimes in pairs!!) I have record of nearly 70 different species of birds that have either migrated or live here in my yard. 🙂

3. Bird you would love to see? (doesn’t have to be in your region)

Golden Eagle. There’s a hawk watch up on a mountain near me and they see lots of Golden Eagles during migration.

4. Given the choice to see either, would you see a pygmy owl, or a Steller’s sea eagle?

Hands down Steller’s sea eagle!!!!!!

1. Favorite character to write and why?

I love writing girl characters…I have a number of them. The reason why is because I like to put my self in their shoes and write about them like it was me experiencing their life.

2. Favorite theme to express in your writing?

True Love conquers all. Literally if I think over all my writing, whether it be present day or historical fiction, that line rings true.

3. Are snakes cool? (answer wisely…jk)

Snakes are….snakes. Great snacks for Great Blue Herons. I almost stepped (barefooted???) on a water snake once.

4. What kind of music do you like?

Orchestral when I need to concentrate and contemporary Christian when I need encouragement or energy. (One of my dreams is to go to a concert, either For King and Country, Newsboys, Tauren Wells, etc.)

5. Are you a plotter, or a “just go for it” kind of writer?

A little of both! My plots tend to be a single thread of an idea and then I start writing. For my books, though, I have them outlined. I write a lot of short stories, so small plots work for that.

6. Favorite book to read?

Pick me ups for me would be Little Women or the Love Comes Softly series. (You can probably tell I mostly read for entertainment.)

Orielle2023
                        @orielle21

@loopylin

Hey!! Yes, perfect translation!! Great job. Thank you for the warm welcome!

1. Who is your favorite character that you made up?

Margie. That’s all I’m saying. *winks*

2.How many siblings do you have?

I’m the big sister and have four sisters and three brothers.

3.What’s you favorite season?

Ooooo….difficult. Though I love fall, I think spring is my favorite because it brings life back to earth and the birds are much easier to find and identify then in autumn. Lol.

LoopyLin
                          @loopylin
                            • Total Posts: 2020

@orielle21

Hey!! Yes, perfect translation!!

Yessss

Margie. That’s all I’m saying. *winks*

Intriguing 🤔

I’m the big sister and have four sisters and three brothers.

Cool! I’m the youngest with just one brother. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have a sister.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Erica
                            @starofthenorth
                              • Total Posts: 199

@orielle21

Hey!! I’m Erica, mucho gusto amiga! I’m also learning Spanish.

So . . . questions!

1. What’s your favorite coffee drink?

2. Who are your favorite fictional brother/sister pair?

3. What’s your favorite ocean creature?

I look forward to seeing you around!

Oh, and don’t be shy to share your writings! I’ve never had a negative experience on here. 😊

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings
                                • Total Posts: 2794

@orielle21

Wow! American sign language….that’s amazing!

Thanks!

Maybe Black Crowned Night heron, though the Scarlet Tanager is pretty amazing, and I love Bald Eagles. (They are doing super well right now and more often then not I see them flying over my yard, sometimes in pairs!!) I have record of nearly 70 different species of birds that have either migrated or live here in my yard. 🙂

Oh, I think I saw a black crowned night heron once, but we couldn’t see it super well. Scarlet tanagers are amazing! The yellowthroats are one of my favorites.

Golden Eagle. There’s a hawk watch up on a mountain near me and they see lots of Golden Eagles during migration.

Nice! We live near a lake that gets ton of bald eagles in the winter to eat the fish.

Hands down Steller’s sea eagle!!!!!!

Yeah!!!

I love writing girl characters…I have a number of them. The reason why is because I like to put my self in their shoes and write about them like it was me experiencing their life.

Oh! Interesting. I have majority guy characters, and for some reason I have just as easy a time putting my experiences into there stories as the 2 girl mc’s in my book. I really only have one girl mc, the other is a side charater. Idk why, I just write guys the most, and most of them have a plot arc that involves something I’ve been through.

Snakes are….snakes. Great snacks for Great Blue Herons. I almost stepped (barefooted???) on a water snake once.

Snek is no snak!! 😫

Orchestral when I need to concentrate and contemporary Christian when I need encouragement or energy. (One of my dreams is to go to a concert, either For King and Country, Newsboys, Tauren Wells, etc.)

Oh I love all of those!

I totally didn’t borrow a name for my MMC Tauren Faulkner….

XD

Oh and I love FK&C! My current favorite is cheering you on. What about you?

A little of both! My plots tend to be a single thread of an idea and then I start writing. For my books, though, I have them outlined. I write a lot of short stories, so small plots work for that.

I’m both too.

Pick me ups for me would be Little Women or the Love Comes Softly series. (You can probably tell I mostly read for entertainment.)

Nice! 🙂

へびは かっこいい です!

Orielle2023
                                @orielle21

@loopylin

Cool! I’m the youngest with just one brother. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have a sister.

Aww…. I am jealous….in a good way. For some reason I have always wished for an older brother. But one of my brothers is only 18 months younger than me so I kinda put him in that place.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >