-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
@light-warrior-pen If you’re going for a sweet proposal, and you have your characters well developed, have the guy plan something that would be special to the girl for reasons that only they are aware of, or bring in the location of their first date or something. Idk the context of your story or their relationship, but it’s always more special if…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore Here, I’ll post you some more.
The first day of school arrived at long last. I pulled out my pinafore to cover the front of my dress, and thought of how long it had been since I’d worn it. My hair was braided neatly in two braids, and I scrubbed my face clean. My shoes no longer fit me, and Mama said we’d hav…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I’ll be praying too! I hope both y’all’s dads find new jobs soon.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
I wanna say watch proposal videos but search results for that might be a little weird, idk lol. I would say try to make it specific to the characters –if you can, maybe give them an inside joke or something like that, or maybe one of them quotes something the other said earlier, if that makes sense. I love scenes like that 😊
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Praying for you and hoping you heal and get better soon!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
That sounds actually pretty cool, lol. I should probably try that sometime…
I usually write on the back porch, which is sort of like my office, lol. My family comes out there too (especially my sister) but I spend the most time there, especially now that the weather’s cooling down for us. I’m not sure if I’ve noticed a…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Monthly Prompts!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Yess girl I love fall so much! Thanks for the list, maybe I’ll try to actually write one for this month xD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Thanks! 😁
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I think I’ll let you find out what happens 🙃
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 haha I think that paragraph mistake happened when I was copying and pasting over from my document lol.
“At long last” is an expression (it’s like “at last”, but implies more of a “finally, after all that struggle”) but it felt a little weird to me too when I was reading it again so I’ll probably change that.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Manyfelicitationsandjoyouswishes!
I’m so excited for you! That’s awesome! (And I echo another: you work at the rate of an “actual” author. XD)
*Flings confetti*
*Can’t remember your favorite cookie*
*Offers you a chocolate chip cookie*
*And ice cream*
*And a handful of raspberries* 😉
This is the first in a trilogy, right?Â
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
YESs that’s AWESOME girl!!! I can’t wait to see it published someday… and of course read it XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Looks good! Didn’t really notice anything to fix.
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @acancello @grcr @mineralizedwritings @trailblazer @freedomwriter76
If nobody does it before me, I’ll write the first RP either tomorrow or Friday. 🙂 (tomorrow’s gonna be busy, so I may not get to it. 😉 )
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Woo-hoo!!!! Congratulations!!!!! 💖🥳
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Even though she’s beautiful she thinks that she’s ugly because that’s what she’s been told all her life.
If she ever says something self-derogatory in front of Amir, he’s going to be so shocked. 😂 And seeing her sort of red hair is going to surprise him (and @mineralizedwritings Kaine’s hair) since in his country red hair is…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore
Here’s another segment! Not sure if I got all the historical details correct, so let me know if something seems out of place or unrealistic.
August 1883: Settling Down
After two months of travel, we were in Iowa. Three weeks after that, we arrived in Omaha, Nebraska. Here we stayed for about a week, resting from…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Has anyone else read the Dragons in Our Midst series? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
@kyronthearcanin I can’t tell you how many times I cried reading through the series the first time… after that I knew what was coming, but the first time through was tough. I read those books so fast, too, lol!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Has anyone else read the Dragons in Our Midst series? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
@kyronthearcanin Maybe I’ll have to try Starlight if I can find the time!
Oh back to the favorite characters- I forgot about Professor Hamilton, but he’s definitely one of my favorites, too! I have so many good quotes from him because he’s just so full of wisdom.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Has anyone else read the Dragons in Our Midst series? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
I haven’t read either of those; I do have the Time Echoes trilogy, and it was good but I didn’t like it as much. My cousin read the Starlight series but she said she didn’t think they were as good, either, and I just never took the time to try it. Ironically, I’m not normally a sci-fi fan, but I fell in love with the whole…[Read more]
- Load More
