Sprint Channel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 692

Hey, so I’ve noticed we don’t have 1 of these. I love the community and I love chatting with y’all but I felt like something was missing that I really wanted on here. I figured out today that it’s a sprint channel. If you don’t know what sprinting is, it’s writing for a certain amount of time or to a certain time. Local communities might say the hour and the minute such as I’m writing to 10:30 a.m. or p.m.. But since we have so many time zones we’ll have to just say the minutes such writing until :45 or going to the top of the hour! If you were at CWW, you should know how sprinting works but if you have any questions let me know. Once we get into the swing of things we can try writing crawls or strolls. You can also join a sprint even if you’re not writing. A girl’s online camp called KDWC did this kind of thing and that’s where I was introduced to sprints, strolls, and crawls. I have created a few crawls myself. 2 of them are Odyssey themed. If you want to try a crawl, let me know and I can either find a site with crawls you can look at or I can share the ones I made. You should be able to look up crawls and find a bunch though but if you’d prefer I can look it up and send the link.  I can’t remember everyone so feel free to tag whoever. Make sure to subscribe if you want to be notified whenever someone wants to sprint. I will definitely be doing that. Lol

@Smiley
      @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @whalekeeper @princesachronicle22 @otherworldlyhistorian

Anonymous
        Anonymous
          Faith
          @awsumfaith
            • Total Posts: 239

@sarafini

Sounds cool! I might join

"does anyone have any good ideas?"
            "Oh yeah, but none for this"

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12
              • Total Posts: 6645

@sarafini YAAAY!! I love sprints!!

but uhh…this may be dumb….

what are strolls and crawls?!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin
                • Total Posts: 697

@godlyfantasy12

I don’t know what any of it is, at least not really, so don’t feel bad XD

@sarafini

I might try this sometime if I get the time. We’ll just have to see lol

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3213

@sarafini

This sounds like so much fun!! I’ll totally do it if I have the time! 😀

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Gwyndalf the Wise
                  @gwyndalf-the-wise
                    • Total Posts: 404

@Sarafini I’d definitely be willing to try! =D

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                    (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 @kyronthearcanin

Strolls are basically sprints but you don’t put pressure on yourself to write a ton.

Crawls are longer and have challenges with word counts usually. For example my AIO crawl has challenges such as write 500 words or sprint for 5 minutes. They sometimes have different options within the challenge like sprint for 10 minutes or write 250 words.

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12

It’s not dumb btw. I had to have it explained to me more than once and even then I didn’t get it. Lol It might be easier for you to catch on if we try a crawl or stroll. That’s how I finally got the hang of how to do it. 😉

Felicity
                        @felicity
                          • Total Posts: 811

@sarafini

I’ll definitely participate! I’ve been doing sprints “with” Abbie Emmons lately but doing in on here will be more fun. (Abbie Emmons has a youtube channel and she does live sprints sometimes.)

He must increase, but I must decrease.

hybridlore
                          @hybridlore
                            • Total Posts: 1359

@sarafini

Hi! (Ok if I just jump in here?)

This sounds really fun!! I would love to try it! 😁

Please tag me if you start one!! 😉

There is always light behind the clouds.
                            - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Anonymous

@hybridlore

Hi! (Ok if I just jump in here?)

Of course! Feel free to jump in whatever you want. Lol

This sounds really fun!! I would love to try it! 😁

Please tag me if you start one!! 😉

Great! Of course! I’ll make sure to remember that. 😊

@felicity

I’ll definitely participate! I’ve been doing sprints “with” Abbie Emmons lately but doing in on here will be more fun. (Abbie Emmons has a youtube channel and she does live sprints sometimes.)

Yay! I know who Abbie is!!! I like her videos especially the sprints and the ambience/instrumental music videos for writing. She’s a cute girl. Lol Yeah, me too. I think this will be better since I can actually put down my word count, last and/or favorite sentences, and everything. My family doesn’t have a YouTube account so we can watch videos with commercials but that’s it.

Felicity
                              @felicity
                                • Total Posts: 811

@sarafini

Yay! I know who Abbie is!!! I like her videos especially the sprints and the ambience/instrumental music videos for writing. She’s a cute girl. Lol Yeah, me too. I think this will be better since I can actually put down my word count, last and/or favorite sentences, and everything. My family doesn’t have a YouTube account so we can watch videos with commercials but that’s it.

Whoo hoo! Yeah, she’s really sweet! Her writing videos are SO HELPFUL. I don’t have a youtube account either….so I can’t comment or anything. On here I’ll be able to participate a lot more!

So basically can we just come on here whenever we’re planning to write and put down what time we start, etc? Or are you going to plan a sprint ahead of time?

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Anonymous

@felicity

Come on whenever you want. Half or more of the time I doubt I’ll be here. Plus it’s hard to gage when certain people will be on. If you see a member, you think would be interested in joining you to sprint, on here at the same feel free to tag them. Also, you can tag me any time any of you start a sprint. I’ll join you if I have time. 😉 In short, no, I will not be planning a sprint myself and yes, you can start one yourself anytime you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 250 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >