-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @grcr @mineralizedwritings @acancello @anyone else
Kari
My phone! Kari, standing off to the side, suddenly remembered. Why hadn’t she thought of it before? If she could call someone, then perhaps they could assure her she was fine, and hadn’t lost her sanity. She jerked her phone from her back pocket, turning on the home s…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
Yes, that’s pretty close what I’m getting at, in a nutshell.
I’ve also heard the trinity explained this way: we know that water is a liquid, but changes forms to be either ice or steam when frozen or heated. It’s the same thing, but in three different forms. That’s how I see the trinity- three different manifestations of God. He…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I don’t mind if Kari and Ottoline don’t get along at first! A little conflict is good for the story. Kari’s faith is a big part of her life so that sort of seeps out of her, but as a little background she’s had some stuff in her past, too. Not nearly as intense as Ottoline’s, but her father died in an accident when she was…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
Ok, I think I see your question better now. That is a tough one to answer; my best attempt at an explanation might not be a satisfactory answer, but at least it’s how I think about it.
So the Father sent Jesus to the earth; Jesus was the representation of the Father. He did nothing unless He first saw the Father doing it; after…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Another Project I'm Working on in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I really like this idea! It seems really interesting and I would totally start reading this. How do the crystals absorb the Resonance? Oh, I also love the idea of the caves being warmer than the surface, and inhabitable.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@hybridlore @savannah_grace2009
I think you guys will like this section… it’s one of my favorites because it has more action in it.
Several weeks later was Independence Day. There was no school, and our whole family dressed in our Sunday clothes and drove into town on the wagon to join in the celebration. The day kicked off just outside the…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
I’m not well versed in apologetics (I’ve done some study on it a long time ago, but nothing very recent), but I’m going to at least try to explain a little bit of my perspective in answer to your question. I know there are different opinions out there, and I’m not here to start an argument, but I don’t mind having healthy…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Me too XD and a new teacher, yay! I’m excited to see what happens next 😁
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore
Some more…
Summer 1884
I wished Mama would let me drop out of school, even though I was only fourteen. Since all the crops were planted, we returned to school, but this time Albert and Abe stayed behind. The first day we went back, George dragged his feet.
“Come on, George!” I turned around and walked bac…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Haha, you’re fine! Let your imagination take you wherever you want, maybe it’ll produce more ideas I could end up using at some point lol.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@esther-c @acancello @freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @grcr @savannah_grace2009
Kari
Kari glanced down at the notebook in her hand and the increasing shadows outside. The sun was setting, and this was nothing like what she had planned for her evening. If she didn’t leave soon, it would be dark, and she didn’t want to be alone in this house…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @grcr @mineralizedwritings @acancello @freedomwriter76 @esther-c
Kari’s coming to join!
Breathing heavily from the exertion, Kari paused on her way up the hill to catch her breath. As she looked around at her surroundings, she noticed a house she had not seen before. She had intended to climb the hill and spend the evening…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic God in Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
I think someone mentioned this already earlier, but C.S. Lewis did a fantastic job using Aslan to represent God. Okay, the whole way he created Narnia and all the characters in those stories just blows my mind sometimes, but I love how Lewis chose a lion to represent God in the stories. Watching Aslan interact with the characters…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
I would love to tour Europe sometime! I’ve seen a little bit of England when I went with my parents to visit some missionaries in Wales a couple years back, but my ancestors are from Switzerland so it would be fun to go there. And I took French so I’d love to go to France, too.
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I totally understand your concern.
I’d say that in the first chapter that’s in his POV, showcase his positive character traits, but also give us a glimpse into his internal conflict so we see that he isn’t as perfect as he seems on the outside. Slowly revealing his backstory like you said you’d do will also help readers start t…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic God in Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
@whalekeeper @everyone
I’m late, but everyone had such good points on this! I love reading about this topic, since that’s something I think about a lot.
Tbh, a lot of my worlds are really similar to each other, and so I haven’t really experimented with this a lot, although it would be interesting to try different things. I usually try to focus…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I really like that scene! Their brother dynamic is so good XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Gotcha! 😁 Tell your brother I said happy birthday! I know, XD it is weird.
Happy first day of fall everyone!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @freedomwriter76 @acancello @mineralizedwritings @trailblazer @grcr
Ok! I finally got it! Here ya are!
(And fyi, so far I’ve decided that the language they speak in Amir’s country is Farsi, or something very close to it, so if he talks in a different language, that’s what it is.)
(Oh, and I’m assuming we decided on the bal…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
(You just made me think, and now I feel old. I’ve been around a lot longer than most of the people regularly on here nowadays. XD)
Are you talking about before Riker turns himself in, or the end of the series?
In the former case, I’d like to ask if Riker would even go to Leon? He’s already asked for forgiveness time and again.…[Read more]
- Load More
