-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Alrighty! Here we go!
1. Is it boring?? I’ve been really scared that this doesn’t draw you in and isn’t interesting.
Um, I wouldn’t say it’s boring. I think the pacing is pretty good. Honestly, boring is so subjective, so no, it’s not boring. Because I don’t mind things moving a little slower at the beginning. Some people m…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yep!
Awesome!
Ev is obviously pretty reckless. He doesn’t seem to care about getting into danger, and I’m not really sure to describe his personality but he seems playful?
And Ami is sweet and responsible. She really cares about Ev and wants to protect him.
I think you just nailed them both in a few sentences. XD That’s exactly what…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore @vinagirl
Let me know if anything in this scene feels too cliche! I think you’ll like it.
Nearing the end of July, we were spending a Sunday afternoon at the Culliver’s. Etta and Chester were there; it was the first time they’d joined us all since I’d begun talking to them again.
After eating lunch, Oscar and M…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I may answer all your questions later, but for now, I am drawn into the story.
Alrighty, awesome! 👍
I see potential for this story to be better if you had at least one chapter before this that introduced us to daily life with the Orb. It would drawn me in more, and make us care about Ev and Ami more than just plopping them and the plot in our…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much Esther! I’ve been doubting my writing recently and really comparing myself to others, so it makes me happy you like it. I started writing in present tense as soon as I started writing, so after the initial hurdle (it was hard lol, I kept using said) it’s been pretty natural, because I don’t know how write…
-
Esther replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m EST, so rn, 5 is a hit or miss for me. But I’ll try my best to show up.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“That’s… Unlike anything I’ve ever heard of… ” Nar’s mind wondered what her world would look like if that was the case, it certainly would be crazy. “Does that mean that if I think I’m a bird, I am one?”
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Aw me too! That was so funny XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh my goodness, congratulations!! That’s so exciting!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
1. Is it boring?? I’ve been really scared that this doesn’t draw you in and isn’t interesting.
Nope!
2. Is Sef relatable? Can you really feel her and does she become real in your mind?
Yes, she’s definitely relatable!
3. Was there anywhere that you were confused?
Hmm, I don’t think so, since I’ve read most of to before, but I d…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c Wow! I really like it so far! It pulls you in really well, and I like the cliffhanger type chapter endings. I’ll try to answer the questions!
1. Were you drawn into the story right away?
Yep!
2. What are your first impressions of these characters? (Specifically the MCs. I know some of y’all already know these charries, but just p…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @vinagirl @hybridlore
It was a dry, dry summer. The crops suffered, and Pa worried that they wouldn’t grow to full height in time to produce. There was also the constant fear of prairie fires. Some nights the horizon glowed orange, from the wild, consuming flames miles away.
I finally found the courage to talk to C…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I may answer all your questions later, but for now, I am drawn into the story.
BUT
I see potential for this story to be better if you had at least one chapter before this that introduced us to daily life with the Orb. It would drawn me in more, and make us care about Ev and Ami more than just plopping them and the plot in our laps off…[Read more] -
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
team libbie and albert here! oh its so good! Your writing style is so consistent and its got the perfect 1800s vibe.
Thanks! I went through a huge Laura Ingalls Wilder phase as a child, so it’s only natural that I write a story along the same…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“Yeah, I get that. I mean, you don’t get punished for messing it up, you’re just corrected. If you’re born Realn it’s as natural as walking, and putting your left hand over your heart just feels like a crime. If you’re not…it seems like a bunch of silly rules. Why not use the left hand, your right might be busy?” Nora sto…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, from Nahim’s right elbow down is robotic. I might make it the entire arm.
-
Esther replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I’ve been meaning to read this for a while and I finally got to it!! I only got to read the first chapter, but my brain is too dead to give any valuable feedback right now. Love it so far!!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I apologize in advance in the formatting is weird. I’m not sure how this is gonna look once it actually posts. XD
Chapter 1
“This was a stupid idea.” Everton Barlowe stared at the geometric building towering above him.
“I told you,” his best friend Amidala said with a smirk.
“Well, I thought it would work.”
“Ev, when would any of your ide…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Awww, Erichhh! 😭
But he sounds like such a cool POV to write from. 👀
I always love reading your writing. 😊 I feel like writing in present tense in becoming more popular now, at least in ya fiction, and I really enjoy it. I tried it once for a short story and failed miserably. 😂 But I might try it in a…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello, good people! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, so I thought I made an introduction post but now I can’t remember. 😭 And if I did and you replied but I missed it somehow, forgive me. 😂 So I’m just gonna introduce myself now. 😝
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, teen girl!!
It’s so nice to have you here!
I am the old…
- Load More
