-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Also, what is the end goal of your plot? Reuniting the galaxy and reversing what Grathmere did while working with him? I recommend making Grathmere somewhat morally relatable (think Edmund Dantes from The Count of Monte Cristo)
I honestly have never thought about it. I think the most good Grathmere can do is to destroy his allies…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Sorry had some trouble andd it posted for some reason. @scoutfinch180 the rest.
After GA, the Wondians did mix some of their blood with aliens from other planets, but there are still
Those of pure Wondian blood. For instance, most the Dwarves are pure since don’t often accept others into their small circles.
For the sake of sci-fi and stories,…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
OH ok, I read Alin as Aelynn, sounding more like a girl’s name in my head. Also, What Alin says there does sound a little feminine in a way,
XD I’m sorry, but it’s just funny to me, cuz that is how Alin’s name is pronounced! In fact Nahim’s oldest brother, Knihan, had to have the spelling of his named changed because “Nihan” is a g…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Glad you enjoyed it!
Nar
“A lot. Both my parents are fond of music, and my older brother plays drums when he feels the mood. I like to dance personally, especially duos. Realn-style duos are the prettiest dances you will ever see. Triplets are complicated. Most dances are upbeat and quick, some so much so only the most flexible and…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
ack! I don’t feel like redoing that rp from before, I’ll just ignore it’s poor quality.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@jonas @freedomwriter76 @savannah_grace2009
Nae
Nae saw Riker’s eye widen, either in fear or surprise. She grasped his hand tighter, hugging her body to his leg. Not out of fear, but for support. After a few seconds, she stepped away from Riker, and planted her feet apart with determination. Looking up at the older man with her innocent blue…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Story Premise Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Ouch. Yeah, I can relate.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Story Premise Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
I think my character Alpha would defeat the current dark lord and become the one darkening just so he knew why it happens! Idk why I’m telling you this, he just popped into my head and told me what he would do XD
Have you found out what darkens the chosen ones?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“It would be a blessing.” She left the last piece out of her translation, Your smile is one. “Officially, I am called a Young Warrioress by my people, some call me an empressling. It may sound odd to you, but to me, ‘miss’ sounds odd too.”
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@whoever-made-up-Wyoh
your ghost is eating my ideas
@savannah_grace2009 Another victim of our Wyoh!
Don’t worry, you’re not alone, she’s been eating my notifs before I see them, eating Freedom’s posts and cursing Sara to spell tags wrong! 😆
She’s been very busy lately.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@scoufinch180
I’m finally replying.
How did Nahim get here after fainting in the middle of a hostile environment?]
That is revealed later on in the book. While Nahim thought that it was impossible, someone did come into the grasslandsxand found him. Not Mandin though.
I’m guessing the stone (may I suggest the Opal, heart, or Eye of the…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
That sounds good, I’m glad you were able to get a clear answer from God! I agree, I think it still definitely works even without the shorter beginning. And even if it does turn some readers away, it’s going to touch the people God wants it to. 🙂
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes, but they probably would have called it courting back then. That’s why Libbie was so upset with Etta to start off with, because Etta started seeing Chester without telling her what was going on. And Etta had already known that Libbie had a crush on Chester.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“Nar? I would love to go to the dance with you.” Nar burst in another smile, but before she could answer, he held a finger to his mouth. “But we don’t know each other too well. So I’d also love to buy you some treats before we ride the bus back, and hang out. So you can decide. Is that okay?”
“Yeh! I’d love too! Ih cum len fl…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Here ya go, while I’m here I might as well give you more.
As the winter thawed into spring, I knew it was time to make things right. I crossed the fields to the Cullivers’ house, and as I approached, I saw Etta’s petite figure working in the garden. She didn’t hear me coming until I was about ten feet away.
“Good day, Et…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
LOLLLL now it’s my turn to mispell your tag
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@vinagirl (plz tell me if you don’t want me to tag you every time time I post another scene) @hybridlore @svannah_grace2009
More!!
I still couldn’t bring myself to approach Etta as the harvest season arrived. Out of politeness, I attended the cornshuckings with all the other young people, but it felt like the fun was sucked out of them. Every t…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Ahhh I want to tell you what I had planned but I don’t want to give spoilersssss!
-
Esther posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
Y’all ever had a time when you’ve been working on a different WIP, but then go back to writing your original one, the one you really truly love, the one that has the characters who you know like your best friend, and just feel at home? That’s what happened to me. I had been working on my NaNo WIP, but I went back to my WIP with Ev and Ami and i…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
About prologues…I’ve never heard that before! Mine is technically a first chapter, so should I just erase the label of “prologue”?? 😂
You do whatever you want, girl, it’s your story. XD
I had actually never heard that before, but it kind of makes sense. I think some writers also use prologues for info-dumping. I’d rather have…[Read more]
- Load More

I do that all the time XD
I had the most amazing idea for a new WIP and started planning, but after a while I switched to my old one and it was so familiar and comforting❤️ Yes, I just loooove being a writer!
Sometimes I try starting another WIP, but mine is just so comforting and just makes me so…idk, happy I guess?? Being a writer is amazing <3
I don’t know what I’m gonna do when someday I have the trilogy (ok, more like trilogy plus two books, so like a series) finished. I guess I’ll just have to write more books about my favorite charries. 👀😂