Story Premise Idea

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Story Premise Idea

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    HighScribe
    @highscribeofaetherium
      • Total Posts: 2212

@jonas

😑

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3002

@jonas

Along the dream line…So…this didn’t exactly happen in my dream, but it is the dream is the basis. What if their is some kind of venom or poison that corrupts the hero? Idk, you can decide if I’m nutz or not.

My only complaint about this idea, is from a very personal viewpoint and for most people is stressful to attempt. As a LOTR fan, and as a possible reader, I would want to see (if you follow along the lines of The Ring) the struggle of the hero throughout, and little hints to his darkening before the sudden blow (Frodo in Mount Doom is what I’m thinking) anyways, just random Ruee thoughts that you probably don’t need 😁.

Alpha: "It's not Nar's cooking, is it?"
        Nae: "Would I try to poison you?"

Cloaked Mystery
        @jonas
          • Total Posts: 2624

@rae

I’m thinking you wouldn’t see the various heroes becoming Dark Lords. That would be the background of the story, and the main characters would be after that, but I am not sure.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
          ✨ Magic System Creator
          🎭 Character RPer
          📚 Appreciator of Books

Sara
          @savannah_grace2009
            • Total Posts: 1980

@jonas

Okay yes, it did happen, but then it unhappened, so it doesn’t count!

🤣🤣🤣 I love that logic 🤣🤣🤣

I’m like a freight train that starts out slow, gains momentum and becomes unstoppable! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

OH MY GOSH THAT’S TERRIFYING!!! JUST LIKE FRACTURE!!!! OH MY GOSH GUYS JONAS IS A FREIGHT TRAIN AND WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱😱

Lukas&Livia
            #Lalbert
            Sef&Chase
            #HOTTOLINE
            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom
              • Total Posts: 1250

@jonas

Sorry for my apparent inactivity. The last few weeks have been really busy because of Christmas stuff. So I’ve seen this idea before, but only really as a Joke, for example:

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGL1vlVLSY4 (delete the space after the h)

However, there is going to be some unique narratives you could use this for, funny or serious. The thing is that people would likely notice the pattern, and would try to break it instead of feeding it with more “chosen ones”. Either they accept the scenario, find another means of disabling the dark lord, or perhaps some might even opt for speeding the process up so fast that every new dark lord doesn’t really have the time to establish their rain, creating a less than optimal but functional solution.

What if it’s a team that puts equal effort, all giving the final blow, would one of them be suddenly chosen, or can they not just confine the dark lord, unless it’s the ones that locks the door that is regarded as the new one or something? Or perhaps there’s a force of inevitability in the system that always chooses someone, and perhaps it’s not even always obvious who, but it leads them to make the final blow no matter what?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Cloaked Mystery
              @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom

Sorry for my apparent inactivity. The last few weeks have been really busy because of Christmas stuff.

No problem!

Yeah, I was thinking that the main characters’ goals would be to break the cycle. I think it would be really interesting because they would have a lot of options they could try.

(I’ll watch the video later when I have time!)

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                ✨ Magic System Creator
                🎭 Character RPer
                📚 Appreciator of Books

RAE
                @rae

@jonas

I think my character Alpha would defeat the current dark lord and become the one darkening just so he knew why it happens! Idk why I’m telling you this, he just popped into my head and told me what he would do XD

Have you found out what darkens the chosen ones?

Cloaked Mystery
                  @jonas

@rae

No, I haven’t. I spent all of yesterday sick on the couch, so I haven’t had time to think about this since I posted it.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                    ✨ Magic System Creator
                    🎭 Character RPer
                    📚 Appreciator of Books

RAE
                    @rae

@jonas

Ouch. Yeah, I can relate.

Cloaked Mystery
                      @jonas

@rae

That cold I caught on vacation still hasn’t gone away entirely, and then I caught some sort of stomach flu yesterday. I made it through without throwing up, luckily.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                        ✨ Magic System Creator
                        🎭 Character RPer
                        📚 Appreciator of Books

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >