@felicity
Active 4 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 812
-
Esther replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
I enjoyed it!! It was cute and simple!!
But for some critiques, here’s what I thought:
So, I noticed that the kids are going to school. But it’s Christmastime. So that would be weird if they were going to school that close to Christmas Day.
Secondly, I felt as if the dialogue was unnatural. So to help with the flow of dialogue, I s…[Read more]
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin @wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ava-blue @folith-feolin @power @sarafini @madelyn
Enjoy the story if you care to read it….and please critique it as honestly as possible!! &…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 yeah probably a good idea for us not to get into that.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
YAY I CAN HELP WITH THIS!!
So my father is preacher, and a teacher on liberties, and finding your own, etc.
He does teach against Witchcraft, and believes Harry Potter delves into that, but also believes people must find their own liberties and we’re not going to hate or shun you for reading it obviously, b…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
The reason for Harry Potter is the witchcraft.
They deal with literal witchcraft in Harry Potter. They do not in KOTLC, so…it’s not the same thing 😊 but yes if we could keep the HP talk to a minimum to non-existent since most of us are not allowed to delve into those things that would be great
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@keilah-h BAHAHAH XD no offense taken! Nyx would actually be very proud to hear he affected Crosshair in such a way XD!!!
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
YES WAY!!!! XD Yes, It is!! Lol, yeah! Well, how can you not? They’re cute, sweet, and have great voices! XD That’s cool too!!
XD XD XD
-
Light replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
*clears throat* Yeah it’s true.
Um, we were having a bit of a joke. We were in the same room, both on KP, and when she said in her intro, “I’m a baby barista”, I put, “hey, my sister works at a coffee shop too!” and…well, we lost it.
Omg, that’s hilarious!!! I love it!! That sounds like something me and my cousin would do (We’re like s…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@loopylin ha that’s cute!
@godlyfantasy12 OOH I LOVE YOUR DRAGON IDEA!!! (at least back when the dragons and elves were friends) I’m currently writing a fanfic/AU where each member of my family and a bunch of my friends have dragons…
Feather
“Yes. There’s only ever been dragons and humans on my planet. My bro…[Read more]
-
Orielle2023 started the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
Snowy Christmas Greetings to everybody! I have a little something for you to read….I wrote this short story several years ago. It is in my “Journey to the Past” series that I started. (FYI, stories in this series start out in the present and then the characters get taken back in time to some event in History. If they ever return to the present…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
One thing about writing style: sometimes using more descriptive words for “said” can be distracting and sound contrived.
Yeah, I use said too much. I’ve actually started having my grandma’s I-Pad next to me while I write, and the I-Pad has a list of words to use other than “Said.”
I know, it can be hard not to use “said” all the time, b…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper Not exactly. My parents wouldn’t let me read harry potter but were fine with KOTLC.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper Honestly, I see that. I get all of those. Honestly, I had more of a problem with the person who complained about the Wingfeather Saga, because 1) that was a Christian series with a message, 2) that author was inexperienced and got better over time, and 3) he called it complete trash, and I personally only reserve that title for…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Is KP down? in the forum Questions and Support 3 years, 9 months ago
Haha, I was able to get from my email to a specific forum to the forums page, but not to recent topics 😊
Lol, I bet that was confusing!
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
heh…why am I always on my laptop when you look up?
*pauses, looks up, scratches head, looks back at laptop*
*grins*
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
My brother likes ravens and crows because they’re really smart.
Did you or your brother ever read Jean Craighead George’s book Charlie’s Raven? I LOVE that book and it actually was an inspiration for my book.
-
Erica replied to the topic The Christmas Grandma Disappeared (Working Title) in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
He’s fun. Currently, he’s trying to get me to play piano for church!! But I’ve got stage fright 😅😨. Maybe I will sometime.
OH, you should!! I play for youth group . . . I was so scared at first, but now it’s just normal. You get used to it!
Ok, we had an arctic front come in, so the wind chill is literally -26 here.…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Title for a type of work in my WIP? in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@arien has a really great idea.
-
Erica replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Great job! I love your characters!!
Ah, yes, put the whole bottle of hot sauce in.
That reminds me of (sorry, @arien) when my sister put a whole can of chipotle peppers into soup instead of one single pepper . . . I ate it anyway. My dad actually enjoyed it . . . lol
But as to critiques?
I personally feel Asher and Iris a…[Read more]
- Load More
