-
Anatra replied to the topic What's something you wish you knew when you first started writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
I wish I knew how to space a story properly back when. Reading back at some old stuff and seeing random bursts of quick action and then time skips, it’s a little frustrating.
Also that my stories don’t have to be a certain length. Oof, I would beat myself up about not having a specific number of words.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
I doubt they’d kill him off in Hawkeye, but in a future movie or series, maybe. He’s just come so far, and now they’re taking all this time to develop him with new characters, so the only reason he would die would be to develop the new friend he made in the tv series.
Marvel ended Tom Holland’s contract?! When did that happen? Is NWH…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
No Way Home is exiting! I’m not taking it as seriously as my brother, (he bought tickets the hour they went on sale) but I’m still curious to see where they take it. Especially since a lot of people think Marvel should redeem the Mysterio plot of Far From Home. I’m also very happy a new Spider-Verse movie’s coming out: Spider-man…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
I know exactly what you mean. T_T
I do, actually. It is confusing at times, but those trolls…
-
Power's profile was updated 4 years, 9 months ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Spider-man is top tier–how many Spider-man movies have you seen? Just the Marvel strict, or Andrew Garfield, and Toby Maguire included?
I absolutely loved Bucky’s arc… and definitely not because it gave Rogers more screen time…Hawkeye is very good so far! It’s a Christmas themed show now, I guess, with how much they’ve woven…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Ah, Wingfeather. I have finished the series and I love it, especially the end. There is so much under the surface in those books, so many deeper meanings. I am also a tad bit of an aspiring poet which thrills over Peterson’s well written verse.
My mother prefers the licorice one. Me, they’re one of the worst regular flavors of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
It is confusing. But somewhere I heard that apparently if your book is set in some other world it atomaticaly becomes Fantasy. Whether or not that is true, it was helpful, at least to this beginning writer.
I don’t have anything against the type of magic in Narnia and Wingfeather, where ‘magic’ really just means God’s power…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel. @elishavet-pidyon
The Horse and His Boy is my favorite Narnia book! That and the end of The Last Battle. Ah, the Hermit…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Have you ever considered quitting writing? Why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh my. Yes, I have considered putting an end to my writing endeavors. I have considered deleting/incinerating all my existing work. I still struggle over if being a published author is part of His plan for my life.
But the stories keep growing, deepening, branching out, untill they spill out in some form of other. I’ve tried to smother them, put…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel
Ah yes, I write somewhere in that vague genre of medieval fantasy. Do you include magic or not? I honestly didn’t think I was in the afore mentioned genre as there is none in my books. But lo and behold, I am somewhere in there alright. -
Koshka replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Hello! I’m a homeschooler as well. I have recently (sometime during the last six months) found the Wingfeathers. I write medeaval fantasy, historical fiction, and Poetry.
Your WIP sounds interesting. I haven’t read any dystopian, and the only true Scifi book I have read was Thorny Twins. =] My brother has read some of both.
So, do…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Hullo! Welcome to KP.
I’m Anatra, and also a big Marvel fan. Do you have a favorite Marvel movie? Are you up to date on Hawkeye?
Random question, do you think socks belong on chair feet?
-
Power replied to the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
For example, I like (I will not say that I excel) to written poems (as long as I have a decent topic), humorous banter (Never would have guess this one I’m sure) and random little stories that are based off of sayings (I mean really, who was Life anyways, and why does it give people lemons?). I tend to write good papers about…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@e-k-seaver
I sit correct. So to clarify my question that apparently questioned the wrong thing, I will rephrase my question. “What topics and in what forms of writing show your skills at their greatest advantage.” Hopefully now my question questions the right thing. Any questions? -
Power started the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
So what kind of writing do you excel at? (Assuming, and I assume it is safe to assume, that you are indeed a writer and not a brilliant brontosaurus who has infiltrated KP in hopes that you come across some spinach coupons.) Perhaps you have problems writing a novel, spending more time hitting the keyboard with your head than with your fingers,…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
Greetings and salutations to you
I do type this because you are new
May you have a blast, while on this site
You joined at last, I promise we don’t bite
I am Power or the Black Mongoose
It does not matter which one you use
But now I must type out Au revoir
And off I go galloping, see ya
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh, I forgot to mention this is in a different world. (A little important, just a little.)
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
The Lady Sapphire
In 672 a ship containing military and political secrets goes down in a storm. Most of the people on board escaped, including the captain, his wife, and their daughter (Wynfred). But the Lady Sapphire is lost beneath the waves, taking with her the keys to a kingdom.
The year is 821, and the country is on the…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
@kathleenramm
No way! My first story was fanfic too!! XD - Load More
