Heyyy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Ava Coulter
    @avacoulter
      • Total Posts: 50

Hey ya’ll! I just joined the KP forum and I’m so excited to meet and nerd with some fellow writers! I’m a Christian writer (obviously) and specialize in the urban fantasy/sci-fi/dystopian type genres.

Here’s some facts about myself:

-I’m a HUGE fan of Marvel, LOTR, and The Wingfeather Saga…you’ve been warned

-I’m homeschooled

-I’m a crazy cat lady XD (Yes, I’m proud of it. No, I don’t have 100 cats)

-I also love poetry (Mostly reading it tho, not so much writing it ;))

Anyways, looking forward to meeting everyone!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Power
      @power
        • Total Posts: 292

Greetings and salutations to you

I do type this because you are new

May you have a blast, while on this site

You joined at last, I promise we don’t bite

I am Power or the Black Mongoose

It does not matter which one you use

But now I must type out Au revoir

And off I go galloping, see ya

You will love what you spend time with.

Jodi Maile
        @jodi-maile
          • Total Posts: 138

@avacoulter Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Jodi, I mostly write fantasy these days, though I also write dystopia and historical fiction when I feel like it XD. And I’m also a big Marvel and LOTR fan!

Some questions:

What were the inspirations for your WIP (if you have one right now)?

Do you listen to music while writing or do you prefer silence? I can’t focus on writing with music on lol, but I do listen to it before and after writing to help me brainstorm.

Again, it’s so nice to meet you! See you around the forums 🙂

Kathleen
          @kathleenramm
            • Total Posts: 635

@avacoulter

Hi! Awesome to have you here!

I’m also a big LotR fan, have you read any of Tolkien’s other books like the Silmarillion or the Hobbit?

Do you have any favorite poems or poets? I’ve recently been getting into poetry and kinda don’t know where to start when it comes to finding good poetry.

It’s great to meet your acquaintance! Catch you around on the forums!

Ava Coulter
            @avacoulter

Hi Jodi! Nice to meet you as well! 🙂

Oh neat! I haven’t gotten into writing in the historical fiction genre as much yet…maybe someday XD

#1 My current WIP is a dystopian trilogy. The city that much of the story takes place in is called Kalopsia (which basically means appearing more beautiful than it actually is) and it has quite a bit of history (which I can’t say because…spoilers XD) but anyways after I finish the trilogy, I hope to write one or two novels that tie into it!

A lot of my inspiration for it came from The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner, which is probs one of my favorite series ever! Also, the Bible, of course. Especially the verse that says “Even the darkness is not dark to You, for the night shines as bright as the day”…I forget the reference XDD. Honestly, I get my inspo from everywhere. One of my past WIPs didn’t work out sadly, but I was able to salvage some the characters and themes, which are in this WIP.

#2 It honestly depends on what/when I’m writing. Usually if it’s a sad or intense scene, I can’t focus with music. But the times that I do listen while I’m writing, it’s usually instrumental because lyrics distract me lol. Music is definitely a big part of my brainstorming and books though. *cough* Does not have playlists for each character  XD

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Cya around in the forums! 🙂

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Ava Coulter
              @avacoulter

Thank you, Power, for the wonderful poem

It made me feel right at home

As you read and cringe at my reply

Yes, it’s very clear. I cannot lie

That writing poetry is not my thing

But thank you again for welcoming me

Ava Coulter
                @avacoulter

@kathleenramm

Hi Kathleen!

#1 Oh cool! I have read the Hobbit, but not the Silmarillion yet. It’s definitely on my ‘books to read’ list tho XD

#2 Great question! Some of my favorite poets are Emily Dickinson, Edgar Guest, and John Greenleaf Whittier. Hmm favorite poems…gosh I have so many, we’d be here all day XD, but one that comes to mind right now is Hope is a Thing with Feathers by Emily Dickinson. I also love the books Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson and My Greenhouse by Bella Mayo. 🙂

Nice to meet you! I’ll see you around in the forums 😀

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm
                    • Total Posts: 635

@avacoulter

I’m about the same as you when it comes to Tolkien’s discography. Read the Hobbit, and the Silmarillion is on my to-read list. My brother highly recommends it, and I probably will soon once I actually read it, haha.

Thanks for the recs! I’ll definitely check them out.

How old were you when you started writing and what made you begin?

Ava Coulter
                    @avacoulter

@kathleenramm

Oh cool! Yeah, a lot of my friends have read it and loved it, so…I’ll guess I’ll get around to reading it someday lol. *Glances at mile long to-read list*

Yes! Of course!

That’s hard to say, because even when I was little, I’d write little stories and “publish” them via printer paper, tape, and staples XDD. I’ve always dreamed of being an author, but it always seemed super farfetched and not realistic. It wasn’t until this summer that a friend inspired me to write more seriously, and now I’m on my second attempt at a full-length novel (which I hope will be a series).

What about you?

What are some of your favorite genres to write in?

Jodi Maile
                      @jodi-maile
                        • Total Posts: 138

@avacoulter Ahh your WIP sounds so interesting! I like the Maze Runner too!! I’ve only read the first book but I’ve seen all the movies with my sister.

Yeah lyrics are pretty distracting, I can’t focus on writing at all with lyrics playing in the background XD

Ava Coulter
                        @avacoulter

@jodi-maile

Thanks! Oh cool!! It’s SO good, I love it XD

I know, I’m the same way 😛

What is your current WIP about (if you have one) and what inspired you to write it?

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting
                            • Total Posts: 1700

@avacoulter Hoi, welcome! I’m Lin, always dabbling in a variety genres, like crime/fantasy and other things.

It’s been so long since I’ve commented on any of the intro threads, haha. Anything in particular you wish to share?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                            Would you mind letting me know
                            If hours don't turn into days

Grayden
                            @grayden
                              • Total Posts: 2

Does anyone know of a good, cheap writing contest that any young (around 13 years old) writers can enter?

Ava Coulter
                              @avacoulter

@devastate-lasting

Hi Lin! Nice to meet you!

Umm *thinks* I have no idea XD

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting
                                  • Total Posts: 1700

@avacoulter Fair, fair, haha. Any favorite stories you’ve written so far?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                  Would you mind letting me know
                                  If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >