Heyyy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Ava Coulter
    @avacoulter
      • Total Posts: 50

@devastate-lasting

Haha, ikr!

I don’t, actually…yet. I’m a definitely a pantser when it comes to writing novels (especially a series), so I usually don’t have a good premise until I finish it lol. But basically *doesn’t know how to summarize without spoilers and without making it sound boring* it’s about a dystopian society called Kalopsia (meaning the delusion of things being more beautiful than they are) which is ruled by a corrupt System. My protagonist, Lyric, is the daughter of the leader of an underground group of rebels known as the SOS, and so the story basically follows her journey to find the truth. The truth (I’m just calling it the truth because of spoilers) is connected to the apparently dangerous world outside of Kalopsia that I just call the Outer Grounds because I can’t think of a better name at the moment. But yeah, haha.

What’s your current WIP about? What inspired you to write it?

@elishavet-pidyon

It is! Where in Anniera are you from? I originally came from Torrboro (thus, my love of cats XD), but when The Shining Isle was restored, I spent quite some time traveling in the Places Beyond the Maps, and I am now currently typing out this reply to you in the library of Ban Rona(where I work :))

Ikr?! XD, I can’t choose just one THAGS. I do like form, but I’m not very good at drawing 😛

Thanks! *grins* I know, my siblings and I are totally NOT obsessed with the Wingfeather Saga AT ALL. XD

Ooo those sounds so interesting!!! That’s awesome that you can work on more than one project at a time too, I wish I could do that XD.

I used to have like 5 WIPs going, but it was making me feel overwhelmed and resulting in a lot of half-finished novels, so I had to narrow it down to one project🤪

@jodi-maile

That’s awesome!! I’m sure it will! 😀

Yeah, it’s fun to have a lot of siblings (and VERY crazy XD) Oh cool! 🙂

Ohhh I would LOVE that! I’ll have to have you help me once it’s ready for beta reading! 😀

For sure!

Random question: who’s your favorite Avenger? Mine’s definitely spider man, but I also love iron man and black widow 🙂

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Ava Coulter
      @avacoulter

@joy-caroline

Hi Joy! It’s so nice to meet you!

Oh awesome! I haven’t read much biblical fiction, but the stuff that I have I absolutely loved. Especially Francine River’s Lineage of Grace Series.

That sounds SOO cool! I love St. Paul and Acts is one of my fave books of the Bible. And Temira is such a pretty name!!

Ooh my favorite food’s gotta be mac and cheese! Can’t live without that XD  What’s yours?

Hmm music…I honestly listen to so much music it’s hard to say. I love Phil Wickham too! I also listen to a lot of Hillsong and Bethel. I also really like the artists Lauren Daigle, James Arthur, Taylor Swift, and Imagine Dragons. Yeah 🙂

Nice to meet you Joy! Catch you around in the forums! 🙂

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1424

@avacoulter

Ah, Wingfeather. I have finished the series and I love it, especially the end. There is so much under the surface in those books, so many deeper meanings. I am also a tad bit of an aspiring poet which thrills over Peterson’s well written verse.

My mother prefers the licorice one. Me, they’re one of the worst regular flavors of jellybeans.

Oh yes, no such magic should ever be portayed as good, and only with a proper response. There are some locks which should never be tampered with.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Koshka. Reason: Goof?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
          @elishavet-pidyon
            • Total Posts: 1013

@avacoulter

Ah, that library. I have only been able to visit a few times, and after getting lost in the secret passages, they make sure I have a guide. I still don’t know how I found that passage….

I am from a village called Kigor about five day’s journey to Rysentown. However, I was not born in Aerwiar, and if my suspicions are correct, I’m originally from the Wood Between the Worlds. Hence why I’m a citizen of Aniera, Eirtan, Natalia, and Narnia, witnessed the Falworth duel, and recently attended a knighting ceremony in a land I have not caught the name of yet. XD

Where were you during the Wingfeather War in the Hollows?

I haven’t completed much in my WIPs, and am currently in the world building/ plot forming stage. I should probably not have so many. 😉

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Jodi Maile
            @jodi-maile
              • Total Posts: 138

@avacoulter Nice! My favorite Avenger is definitely Iron Man, but I also love Spider-Man 🙂

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting
                • Total Posts: 1700

@avacoulter Oo, interesting! Dystopian stories are always fun.

One of my current projects is about a guy named Joey who works at an antique store, time, wings, existence, and memory. It’s a weird kind of story so I feel like a premise wouldn’t encapsulate it enough. It’s basically inspired by things and people I saw throughout summer.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                Would you mind letting me know
                If hours don't turn into days

Ava Coulter
                @avacoulter

@koshka

AHhHh I love the end too! But then, I also hate it if you know what I mean *cries silently*

I know the themes in it are BEAUTIFUL! I love the poetry too! Peterson is an incredible author!

Do you like troll poetry? I don’t always understand it very well, but I must admit…those trolls are talented XDD

Yaaa me no like licorish XD

Yes agreed! (about dark magic)

@elishavet-pidyon

Ahh, yes, that library *sighs dreamily whilst smelling books*  Oof, yeah those secret passages…I’ve gotten lost in them a few times myself, but Madam Sidler (*shudder* she gives me the creeps) showed me around enough that I pretty much know my way by now XDD

Oh cool! I can’t say I’ve ever been there *wonders how since I’ve travelled Aewiar so much*

How interesting! I actually discovered the Wood Between the Worlds once, while on my adventures beyond the maps (although I can’t recall exactly where or how I found it *shrugs sadly*) Although Narnia always manages to find me wherever I am XD

Actually, I wasn’t in Aewiar at all during the Wingfeather War. I was in Middle Earth at the time, spending an enjoyable autumn with the Woodland Elves and hunting with Legolas.

Yes, same. I’m only in the plotting stages with my dystopian trilogy (yes, this pantser is plotting her novel and not enjoying it. At all.)

XD that’s awesome tho! (that you have so many WIPs ;))

@jodi-maile

Cool! 😀

@devastate-lasting

Yeah! I know, I’m a little too obsessed with that genre XD

Ohhh that sounds so interesting tho!!!

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting

@avacoulter It’s probably the farthest I’ve gotten in a novel, actually, heh. I’m looking forward to writing the ending.

What do you like most about the writing process?

Anatra
                    @anatra23
                      • Total Posts: 211

@avacoulter

Spider-man is top tier–how many Spider-man movies have you seen? Just the Marvel strict, or Andrew Garfield, and Toby Maguire included?
                      I absolutely loved Bucky’s arc… and definitely not because it gave Rogers more screen time…

Hawkeye is very good so far! It’s a Christmas themed show now, I guess, with how much they’ve woven Christmas into it. The plot was not anything like I’d expected, but Marvel kinda does that sometimes XD

Is your WIP your first? Have you written anything before?

Kathleen
                      @kathleenramm
                        • Total Posts: 635

@avacoulter

Ah, that’s really cute!

It’s really cool how your friend inspired you to start writing seriously, do they write as well? If so have you ever thought of writing a story together?

I started writing around seven or eight. Two of my older siblings wrote (and still write), which inspired me a lot. Plus, after multiple failed attempts at trying to travel to Narnia through my closet, creating my own world through writing is the next best option right?

Favorite genre? Probably, contemporary or fantasy.

Where did you get the idea for your current WIP?

Koshka
                        @koshka
                          • Total Posts: 1424

@avacoulter

I know exactly what you mean. T_T

I do, actually. It is confusing at times, but those trolls…

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Ava Coulter
                          @avacoulter

@devastate-lasting

That’s awesome! I’m pretty new to writing seriously, so I’ve never actually completed a novel yet.

I think my fave part about the writing process is character arcs. I love finding my charries unique voices and being able to write them in their different journeys. What about you?

@anatra23

I love spider-man! Are you excited for the new movie No Way Home? I’m both excited and nervous for it.

I actually haven’t seen Garfield or Maguire’s spiderman movies yet. Just Tom Hollands 😛
                            Meee too! It was so redemptive, and The Winter Soldier is just awesome!

Oh cool! Ya it looks really good! (And it’s Christmas so that just makes it even better XD) I know right?! I don’t trust Marvel anymore lol.

My current WIP is actually my second attempt at a full-length project. I’ve written several poems and cringy short stories when I was younger (Including a novelette about a girl and her unicorn, which I thought was like the best thing ever XDD)

Do you have a WIP going right now? What inspired it?

@kathleenramm

Ikr! Yeah, do you know Joelle Stone?  I actually haven’t written anything with her yet, although she is one of my beta readers. She helped me edit one of my past WIPs tho 🙂

Oh awesome! That’s so cool that your siblings inspired you! I have 4 siblings, but none of them like to write…yet (I’ll convert them, I just know it XD) Oh for sure!! *Whispers behind hand* I think I’m getting really close to finding it (Narnia) tho.

Honestly everywhere! Ideas just come to me at random moments, especially when listening to music. After seeing the Maze Runner series, I was like wow I like really want to write a dystopian novel now. I just love the aesthetic of it. And then one day, I got an idea for a character, Lyric (who happens to now be one of my protagonists) and her backstory, and everything just sort of fell into place from there!

What is one of your favorite (of your characters) to write about?

@koshka

I knowww it’s not fair! 😭

Haha ikr?!

Linyang Zhang
                            @devastate-lasting

@avacoulter Nice, nice! I like watching where my characters take me (since I’m a pantser too) but I think I like writing the ending most. It’s very satisfying, and also kinda bittersweet.

Kathleen
                              @kathleenramm
                                • Total Posts: 635

@avacoulter

Oh, yes! I do know Joelle! Was she the one who told you about KP or was it the other way around? I highly recommend writing a story with her. Writing stories with someone is a very unique experience, and the stories often are twice as good as they would have been if you were writing by yourself as you can fill in for each other’s weaknesses.

Where do you fall in age between your four siblings? I’m the fifth child of seven.

I haven’t read the Maze Runner Books, but I really enjoyed the movies. Do you have a favorite character or book from the series? Also, speaking of dystopian, have you read The Hunger Games?

My favorite character to write about? Probably a character called Bennet. He’s a character that the three siblings I write with and I made about six years ago. At first, he was quite the nuisance as he never complied with the outlines we made for the story he was the protagonist of. Because of him (and a lot of other mistakes we made as rookie writers) we kept putting the novel on hold. Finally, six years later, we are making good progress with the story again. And through those six years we’ve learned not only a lot about writing, but also about Bennet. He’s sorta grown up with us as he was thirteen in our first draft of the story and now nineteen in the draft we are working on today. So yeah, he’s probably the character I know most about and feel most connected and even nostalgic towards as I have so many memories of writing about him with my three siblings.

How about you?

Anatra
                                @anatra23
                                  • Total Posts: 211

@avacoulter

No Way Home is exiting! I’m not taking it as seriously as my brother, (he bought tickets the hour they went on sale) but I’m still curious to see where they take it. Especially since a lot of people think Marvel should redeem the Mysterio plot of Far From Home. I’m also very happy a new Spider-Verse movie’s coming out: Spider-man Across the Spider-Verse. I loved the first one. Haver you watched that one?

Yea lol. I wasn’t expecting Marvel to do a Hawkeye Christmas.

Oh right. Dystopian is very bold to me. I was always scared to go after setting a story in the future, though a lot of people do it really well.

Oof, I know all about definitely not cringy handwritten stories from early ages. You said your WIP was your second attempt, did the first not go too well then?

Yes! I do have a WIP. Though, I take random breaks from writing regularly, especially with piano, school, and babysitting.

It’s a fantasy inspired by a random song I heard when I was nine. I came up with random ideas back then (as I still do now) and this one sort of struck me as one I could keep and develop. I had written it down, just a few chapters, and found it a couple years ago on a dusty shelf. idk why, but I began to edit and type it out, then I turned the story around and fell in love with it.

I apologize if you’ve already answered this, but how about you? What inspired your story?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >