Heyyy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Maile
    @jodi-maile
      • Total Posts: 138

@avacoulter I have one WIP I’m working on with my sister! It’s a fantasy/mystery that takes place in a medieval-style city. The story follows two women as they uncover things about the mystery individually until their storylines intersect and they join forces to stop a big political coup from happening. We were initially inspired by old buddy cop films and wanted to try our hand at something medieval when a contemporary project didn’t work out, so here we are, four years later haha XD we also play a lot of video games like Assassin’s Creed, so that was a source of inspiration as well

I have a bunch of projects I’m working on by myself but I’m only doing short stories for the rest of the year, to give myself a mental break before I get started on longer projects next year 🙂

Trahia the Minstrel
      @trahia-the-minstrel
        • Total Posts: 193

@avacoulter

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

I love writing fantasy too, and I was homeschooled as well! I also love Marvel, LOTR, and the Wingfeather Saga!

Also, Ava is such a pretty name😊

Some welcome questions:

Which fictional character would you want to be the most?

What weapon would you choose if you were given a split-second choice before battling a bunch of fangs in an arena?

Which do you appreciate more, the Strange, the Neat, and/or the Yummy?

Look forward to getting to know you!

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
        That’s my wish to create.

Anatra
        @anatra23
          • Total Posts: 211

@avacoulter

Hullo! Welcome to KP.

I’m Anatra, and also a big Marvel fan. Do you have a favorite Marvel movie? Are you up to date on Hawkeye?

Random question, do you think socks belong on chair feet?

Elishavet Pidyon
          @elishavet-pidyon
            • Total Posts: 1013

@avacoulter

Greetings!

I’m Elishavet, and I’m glad to meet you. I am also rather new to serious writing (and KP)

I am also a homeschooler, Annieran(at times), and love poetry.

Oh, and cats. Our family has two, and my first attempt at a novel length book was about them and their conflicted relations with a large dog kingdom.

…And that as good as states, I usually write fantasy, although not as much with animal kingdoms now and mostly in a medieval setting.

What is/are your favorite thing(s) about the genres you write?

I love the world building, and hidden, allegorical shadows.

Farewell, and see you around!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
            @koshka
              • Total Posts: 1424

@avacoulter

Hello! I’m a homeschooler as well. I have recently (sometime during the last six months) found the Wingfeathers. I write medeaval fantasy, historical fiction, and Poetry.

Your WIP sounds interesting. I haven’t read any dystopian, and the only true Scifi book I have read was Thorny Twins. =] My brother has read some of both.

So, do you like Jelly beans? I don’t care for them, but I don’t despise them either.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Trahia the Minstrel
              @trahia-the-minstrel

@koshka

You write medieval fantasy! Epic😁 Me too.😁

Koshka
                @koshka

@trahia-the-minstrel

Ah yes, I write somewhere in that vague genre of medieval fantasy. Do you include magic or not? I honestly didn’t think I was in the afore mentioned genre as there is none in my books. But lo and behold, I am somewhere in there alright.

Trahia the Minstrel
                  @trahia-the-minstrel

@koshka

I don’t have magic either😃 Which made me seriously doubt whether my book could even be classed as fantasy, especially since I also don’t have mythical creatures or monsters. But I’ve decided my book does fit in that genre — mostly cause I can’t think of any other genre it would fit in. It’s a fantasy type story — kinda like Avatar the Last Airbender in terms of being character driven, but unlike it in terms of culture and worldview.

Koshka
                    @koshka

@trahia-the-minstrel

It is confusing. But somewhere I heard that apparently if your book is set in some other world it atomaticaly becomes Fantasy. Whether or not that is true, it was helpful, at least to this beginning writer.

I don’t have anything against the type of magic in Narnia and Wingfeather, where ‘magic’ really just means God’s power and love, but I’m uncomfortable using it in my writing.

I’ve never heard of Avatar the Last Airbender, but then, I’ve read more classics and old books than contemporary stuff. XD

Ava Coulter
                      @avacoulter
                        • Total Posts: 50

@jodi-maile

Oh that sounds SOO cool! I’d totally read that! That’s cool that you write with your sister too! I have 4 siblings, but none of them like to write XD. Although, my little brother is one of my main beta readers, which has been interesting lol.

That’s awesome! I haven’t written many short stories (mostly cuz when I do, they end up being too long to be called a short story XD) That sounds like a good idea though, that way your still writing, but not anything huge or overwhelming *Thinks I might need to do that once I finish my troublesome trilogy*

@trahia-the-minstrel

Hi Trahia! Thanks for the welcome! 🙂

Oh yayy, a fellow homeschooler! *high five*

And awesome! Finally, someone else who’s heard of the Wingfeather Saga and loved it XD! Who’s your fave charrie from it? Mine’s prolly Janner, but I love Podo too lol! Oh, and Oscar N. Reteep (we get along quite well)

Aww THANK YOU! 😊

Oh man, that’s so hard! I have NO idea! I like Tauriel from The Hobbit (reason for choosing her is because she gets to hang out with Legolas XD) But um, yeah, no clue. *Tries to think of female characters that don’t have terrible lives* Another that comes to mind is my own character, Fay, from my dystopian trilogy. She’s like an assassin sort of, so great at fighting, parkour, has good sense of humor, and doesn’t have too hard of a life (which may or may not change depending on if I decide to start torturing her again. These poor people XD)

Ummm…hmm. Probably a sword. Yeah, a sword. 😛

Oh no! How can I choose! I can’t choose XD. Probably the strange, actually. Like myself 😉 I’m like Oscar when it comes down to that tho. I greatly appreciate all of them XDD

What is your favorite part about writing? Least favorite?

Nice to meet you!! 😀

@anatra23

Hey Anatra! (Pretty name btw)

Awesome! I love Marvel (also not mad at them at all for killing all the best Avengers lol (except for Spider-Man, he’s by far one of the best (and Bucky)))

No, I haven’t seen Hawkeye yet! I really need to watch it tho! Is it good?

Yes, absolutely socks belong on chair feet! XDDD

Nice to meet you! Cya around in the forums 🙂

@elishavet-pidyon

Greetings to you as well, Elishavet! 😀

Oh cool! Ya, I just started writing seriously this summer 🙂

Yesss! Homeschool is the best! *high fives*

Heh, what a coincidence (is also from Anneria). Which of the THAGS (Word, Form, or Song) is your fave? Mine is Word, but Song is pretty great too 🙂

Oh cool! *grins* (my cat and dog (Kalmar is his name) are the best of friends)

Awesome! I haven’t explored the medieval fantasy genre as much, but I LOVE reading it! What’s your current WIP about (that is, if you have one)?

Hmm good question! The dystopian genre is one of my favorites right now. I love showing how the Light can always be seen even in the darkest situations and places. I also love the world building and character development!

So nice to meet you! See you around! 😀

@koshka

Hullo there!

YAY homeschool! *grins*

Ahhh yesss THE WINGFEATHER SAGA!!! *fan girls*  Do you like it? Where are you at in the series?

Oh cool! I haven’t written any historical fiction, but I love reading it!

Thanks! Yes, it’s very interesting and is not at all difficult to write. It gives me no trouble XD

I hadn’t read any dystopian books either, until I read The Maze Runner, and now I’m obsessed!

Heh, I’m the same as you when it comes to Jellybeans. They’re not my fave, but I still like em’. Except for the Licorish ones, which are not my fave. XD

Nice to meet you Koshka! 🙂

@koshka
                        and @trahia-the-minstrel

Yayy someone else who avoids magic! *claps* I don’t have anything against it either (unless you count necromancy and evil spells being portrayed as acceptable and normal), I just choose to avoid it. I do use superpowers sometimes tho 😉

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! *feels happy inside*

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Ava Coulter
                        @avacoulter
                          • Total Posts: 50

@devastate-lasting

I think my favorite has gotta be my current WIP, which is a dystopian trilogy. I just love the setting, the plot, and the characters are just awesome!

What about you?

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting
                            • Total Posts: 1700

@avacoulter Hm, I’ve written so many, it’s hard to choose a favorite, haha. Do you have a premise for your current WIP?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                            Would you mind letting me know
                            If hours don't turn into days

Elishavet Pidyon
                            @elishavet-pidyon
                              • Total Posts: 1013

@avacoulter

Ah, it is good to meet another Annieran here. As for my favorite THAGS I am at a bit of a loss. I obviously love Word, but Form…  some of my earliest memories include drawing. As for Song, music is truly amazing. I guess Form or Word. Or Song, oh dear.

A dog named Kalmar? That’s fantastic! None of our cats and dogs were ever very friendly. They tolerate each other.

That’s a beautiful thing to love about your genre, and honestly, a favorite theme of mine.

As for my WIPs (yes, in the plural.), I have two side and two main ones. All of them are sort of fantasy with no magic. Of the two main WIPs, one is an allegory of testimonies set in a medieval world. It follows four people (so far) in their journeys of redemption and fulfillment. The next one is about three orphaned siblings as they learn their identities and callings.

(Wow, my stories sound…interesting when stripped of plot and charries. XD)

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Jodi Maile
                              @jodi-maile
                                • Total Posts: 138

@avacoulter Thank you!! It’s fun to write with her, we’ve been writing together for years but have never published anything together. Hopefully this project will be the one! That’s cool that you have so many siblings! I have three of them myself 🙂 If you ever need another beta reader, feel free to let me know! I’d be happy to help 😀

Yeah it’s super nice to write short stories, I used to not want to write them but I decided to do it as a way to practice writing so I could get better at it without the pressure of writing and editing huge, long projects haha

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 1379

@avacoulter

Hello! I’m Joy, and I write in the Biblical fiction genre. My work-in-progress is a series about St. Paul called Life of Sacrifice, and right now I’m outlining the first book. To make a long story short, it’s called Temira: Saved and is told in two POVs – that of Paul’s younger sister Temira, and that of Naamah whose family Paul murdered.

Some quick fun facts about me: 1) I am a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian, 2) I love the book Les Misérables and the musical too, 3) I enjoy blogging, reading everything I can get my hands on, and listening to Phil Wickham, and 4) I go to a private Adventist school and am currently a junior. 🙂

I’m drawing a blank on questions to ask, lol. Mostly because like @devastate-lasting, I haven’t commented on any intro posts in a while. Let’s see… maybe your favorite food? And is there any music/music artists you recommend?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >