@whalekeeper
Active 2 days, 5 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
I’ve been working on writing and art both mainly for my fantasy series haha. I thought it was going to be a trilogy, but atm it looks like it’ll have to be 4 books instead of 3, making it a series rather than the trilogy I first thought it was going to be. I’m almost 20k words into Draft 1 of Book 3; I finished Draft 1 of Book 2 o…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
@whalekeeper @keilah-h @loopylin
Gabriel Mai
Gabriel took the offered cheese stick, trying to open the packaging. It felt so weird to his fingers, smooth and cold without texture or the same crinkle as paper. He eventually ripped it open, but hated the texture of the cheese. It felt a bit slimy to him, but he didn’t want to offend Mel, so took a…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Tags are only sometimes working for me, so sorry about the late reply
So maybe we – the labyrinth people – helped you realize Gabriel should be an older brother? :-p
Oh yes. I do kinda doubt not giving him a little sibling now by blood, but it’d complicate things that I don’t want to complicate right now.
So I’m settling for him…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
@whalekeeper A lot🤪
Graduated HS, and I’ve been writing, drawing, spending time with family, getting a job, a lot of things that have kept me busy and off of KP
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Soldier
“Do you guys want a cheese stick?” Mel asked.
I stopped looking through a stack of paper on the table (it was a boring stack of paper anyway) and looked up. “Cheese stick?” I repeated. “Where?”
She gently pressed one into my palm. I bit it in half. Delicious. All too soon it was gone.
I shoved through the…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
@koshka @whalekeeper @IYKYKArethEdition
KP is acting up, so I hope this goes through.
This is Koshka’s character Ari’s closest cousin (in age). They are quite alike in some ways, and in others it would be harder to be more unlike. I’m not sure they ever meet in cannon, but it would be hilarious if they did.
Arien Avelorion. The paragon of…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Mel
The kitchen was small, with vinyl flooring and fake marble countertops. It was connected to the living room by a large doorway. In the living room was a couch, an armchair, a bookshelf, and a tv. Toys and comic books were scattered around on the carpet. Some were forced into the living room as the group crowded…[Read more]
-
Beth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Is the gold sword the only good powerful weapon, or are there other weapons with good powers that are in league with the Almighty’s sword?
I have thought about this before. Some of the cursed weapons have very powerful abilities, but I don’t know if any others are considered “good.” The reason the Almighty gave people the swords was b…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Ellis
Ellis perked up again.
“Let’s go then! You’re not annoying. And if you were, I probably wouldn’t say. Do you like fencing?”
-
Loopy replied to the topic The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
EllisEllis hesitated. He was used to ominous feelings and unsolved mysteries. The novelty faded quickly for him. Exploring with Moth sounded fun, but…
“I was going to go to the gymnasium. Practice some fencing.” It was something he had been looking forward to. He dropped his branch back on the ground and gave Moth a somew…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
@whalekeeper not me trying to figure out whether or not my characters would recognize the name “Colorado” because the Spanish language and the name of the river (although it’s largely localized to one state/planet instead of multiple) both exist in their universe
in the end I decided not to bring it up lol
Huntress
“Can we g…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 3 weeks ago
But I know a changeling story with a different, fun premise. It’s called The Oddmire: Changeling and it’s about a pair of twins.
I have had that same premise idea for a while now and I am simultaneously disappointed that someone beat me to it, and very happy that a story like that exists and is published. I shall check it out.
-
Beth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Congrats!! That sounds so fun. I love editing, personally, although maybe you don’t feel that way. What’s this WIP about? Have I heard about it before or is it a recent thing?
Thanks! Honestly, I wasn’t sure how I was going to like it since this is the first time I’ve ever made it to draft #2. It is fun though! I feel like I’m bas…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
it’s been argued that changelings were an explanation for special-needs kids
That explains a lot
I should not be happy about this because if I lived in that time period someone probably would’ve murdered me by now, but I am happy about it.
now i just need cool stripes.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Wait, what scene is this? Is this a scene where he almost dies in the middle of the story, or is this the end of his story?
I guess it’s my turn to be a tease. I can’t tell you yet, because if I tell you, I’m gonna bury myself into it more and neglect what I actually *should* be working on. I will say this however, it’s at a point…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
I do believe you’re just mentioning the chest compressions to pacify me, though.
No, no they actually do bring him back to life. He’s alive, just a little bit in shock because of the wind loosing connection and how his heart stopped.
There’s actually a “cool” explanation behind what or who stopped his heart.
Oh. Actually, I have…
-
Loopy replied to the topic The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
Ellis
They reached the trees on the edge of the field and continued wandering, keeping the school in sight. The tension from the vision and finding the dead bird was eased by time and the peaceful nature surrounding them. Ellis picked up a broken branch off the ground. It could have been broken by the metal man, or just as easily…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 months ago
Cool! Love that for her. (Except maybe I’m not supposed to love that for her, because it’s a tough job.)
By the time she takes over, the position is much easier thankfully!
She was begging Gabriel for *years* to let her go out fighting with him, and he finally let her and that was the end of him being able to keep her at home XD.…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
@whalekeeper Yeah I’ve heard that idea a lot. And I’ve heard people say that it could have also come from neurodivergent kids. I know that autistic people can give neurotypical people an uncanny valley feeling sometimes. I’ve always felt connected to modern changeling characters. That idea fascinates me. But also I like the classic creepy evil…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 months ago
I said hello and then was immediately distracted, sorry. XD Your Minecraft ship sounds splendid.
Since he’s supposed to get sadder and more bitter as time passes,
I grow sadder and more bitter just reading that lol. His story does have a lovely ending though, right? *squints through my ProtectionsquadTM Su…[Read more]
- Load More
