-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Boyeva; from Heart of Gold Heart of Stone in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
I like it too. It has some rather deep thoughts hidden in it. Yes, the tone change is thrilling!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Topic suggestion for Biblical fiction writers in the forum Questions and Support 4 years, 11 months ago
I don’t write Biblical fiction, but I completely support having a forum for it!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Sorry. I’ll try not to repeat myself in later posts. 😉
To clarify on certain points left too vague. The first two stories are about humans in a human world. The last is about an animal only world.
Knights= pastors/missionaries
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Hi! Gramercy for inviting me!
Your book sounds so intriguing! Yes, I’m hooked.
So, here are three of my premisses. (Yes, I stole them from one of my former posts. I don’t type that quickly)
Possibility (because that’s what it is): Aethelthryth was set apart from her very birth. Her father was a serf whom the King freed. H…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What’s an unexpected place you got a story idea from? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
@maryg3 You stayed in a manor house in Ireland? That’s… *At a loss for words*. What was is like?
I’ve grown up as a homeschooler PK in a small town, so yeah, church can be a rather social place… but with Bible quizzing, the library, and our homeschool group, it’s not like we’re really isolated. (Or maybe I just don’t know the difference)
Did…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you! Yes, the first two are only human, and the last is only animals. I’m glad it was fun to read. I think the personality of each story worked its way into the synopses.
Which do you like best?
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Topic suggestion for Biblical fiction writers in the forum Questions and Support 4 years, 11 months ago
@joy-caroline I think it’s a great idea!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Worldbuilding in a dystopian novel in the forum Sci-Fi 4 years, 11 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel yesssss!!!!! DO IT!!!!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Worldbuilding in a dystopian novel in the forum Sci-Fi 4 years, 11 months ago
Ooh!!! Sounds so interesting already!!! Can’t wait to hear more honestly!!! I absolute love hearing premises like this (I’m working on a (hopefully Epic) fantasy series.
ooooh….this kinda makes me want to hear everyone else’s premises for their books….(I’m totally not trying to steal ur spotlight btw keilah)
but this story sound…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Wow, a forum given entirely up to WIP related blather? STUPENDOUS!
Where do I start? An introduction, that’s where!
Possibility (because that’s what it is): Aethelthryth was set apart from her very birth. Her father was a serf whom the King freed. He became a knight with a burden to reach those in bondage. Her mother is a knight’s daughter with…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic How would you rewrite your least favorite book? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Yay! Thank you. In fact, the shortage of well written Biblically sound analogies is what prompted me to make up one of my WIPs.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Boyeva; from Heart of Gold Heart of Stone in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Helmer is awesome! His nearing brutal outside hides such a tender heart. Yes, that conversation is priceless.
I have not read all the books exactly, because I only skim-read the last, but I have read all the rest. My personal favorite is either The Green Ember or Ember Falls. Which is funny, since when we first heard that a certain rabbit may…[Read more]
-
Koshka's profile was updated 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic How would you rewrite your least favorite book? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
This post has stirred me; I cannot be silent. 😉
I totally agree, and no, you don’t sound over cautious to me. As John 1:1-14 makes very clear, His Word is not something to play with, for “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”,”And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld His…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic What’s an unexpected place you got a story idea from? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Ugh, I can’t remember…, but I have had many ideas from listening to music, especially worship/altar. For example, the soloist sings something like: “You didn’t think you’d make it through the night,/ It’s a wonder you survived,/ but you’re still here…” And a sunrise-on-the-battlefield scene pops into my head. Also I have a habit of listening…[Read more]
-
Koshka started the topic Boyeva; from Heart of Gold Heart of Stone in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
So, this is a poem/song from one of my books. There are two forms in said book, but I will only be posting the ‘ancient’ form (The ‘new’ form is supposed to have flaws). This is a Battle/marching song for this country.
Boyeva
When children fight with weapons,
And fathers hunt their own,
When captives are their captors,
And hearts are made of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic What’s an unexpected place you got a story idea from? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Most of my ideas come from my other story ideas that came from some book I read. I have gotten ideas from sermons, although that makes sense.
However, my family once attended a gigantic firework show (it would probably have been illeagal if we were any where else). I now have an air raid scene.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello fellow music-sound-making-human/otherwise people in the forum Music 4 years, 11 months ago
Bwaha- er Oh no! How could she?
Oh dear. Well that’s comforting, in a weird sort of way. I “probably” have errors of technique too.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello fellow music-sound-making-human/otherwise people in the forum Music 4 years, 11 months ago
Thanks!
- Load More
