How would you rewrite your least favorite book?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week How would you rewrite your least favorite book?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

@elfwing

Oh, I didn’t mean it as a requirement or something, haha. Was just genuinely curious.

But yeah, taking good biblical people and making them evil does sound like twisting things too far.

@anatra23

Ah, I get what you mean.

Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@anatra23 yeah

I have not read it, though it sounds vaguely familiar. I may just check it out 🙂

haha i bet it was a little unnerving. We watched Reign of Fire with a friend on new years eve, and they were laughing. “Oh boy. Go look for dragons!” XDD we had a good laugh about it haha

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elfwing
        @elfwing

@kathleenramm oh yeah, I know, I meant to, but I forgot.

It is a hard call, though, I get it, it’s why I don’t add literal biblical to my fantasy, I guess I’m overcautious at times, but it is part of the reason there are religions. People twist God’s word, and when you do that it causes problems, but I will refrain from giving the long thought train in my head on that topic haha.

Thank you for this topic, though. I do need to think about this, and also improving my critiquing skills because they suck

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elishavet Pidyon
          @elishavet-pidyon
            • Total Posts: 1013

@elfwing

This post has stirred me; I cannot be silent. 😉

I totally agree, and no, you don’t sound over cautious to me. As John 1:1-14 makes very clear, His Word is not something to play with, for “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”,”And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld His glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” In fact the whole passage is good for this, but I lack room. Another thing to consider is that as repeated many times in the Bible, what one thinks on can either edify or defile. I understand different people have differing convictions regarding this sort of thing; I just want to avoid tossing a stumbling block in my fellow laborer’s way.

God bless!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elfwing
            @elfwing
              @elishavet-pidyon ahhh yes you have put into words what my scattered brain could not at that moment! That’s pretty much my stance on work like that!
              • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Elfwing.

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon
                • Total Posts: 1013

Yay! Thank you. In fact, the shortage of well written Biblically sound analogies is what prompted me to make up one of my WIPs.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >