Hello fellow music-sound-making-human/otherwise people

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Hello fellow music-sound-making-human/otherwise people

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

I saw that it had been over 6 months since anyone has written here, so I just thought I’d say hello to all fellow musicians and songwriters out there! (I tried composing once, but I wasn’t in the mood. *badum tss*. All puns aside, I’m terrible at note-reading and just gave up 😂🙃)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@daisy-torres Eyyyy fellow musician here…

I post piano covers on Youtube and recently I’ve been trying to make digital music…

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer
          • Total Posts: 243

@daisy-torres Hello! I’m an all-the-time singer, very occasional songwriter, and maybe-someday drummer. XD What kind of music do you do?

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Kathleen
          @kathleenramm
            • Total Posts: 635

@devastate-lasting

Whoa, you’ve got a YouTube channel for covers? That’s so cool! I totally understand if you want to keep it private, but I’d love to check it out.

@daisy-torres

Well, I used to play the violin, but I had a pretty intense teacher for a few years, so ever since I stopped taking lessons I haven’t touched it. So yeah, I still have yet to figure out how to get over my fear of playing it. XD

But I love playing the piano, and I really want to learn the guitar. Singing while playing an instrument sounds so fun.

What instruments do you play?

@r-m-archer

Oooh, drums are so cool! What made you interested in playing them?

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting

@kathleenramm Lemme see if the channel will allow a link…

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdBtEFZt0R6MnYwjcu1ASmQ

Scoutillus Finch
              @scoutfinch180
                • Total Posts: 413

@devastate-lasting

Are you on there as TurnerPiano? That is really pretty!

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Daisy Torres
                @daisy-torres

@devastate-lasting

Ooohhh that’s so cool!!! I’ll have to check out your channel!!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

R.M. Archer
                  @r-m-archer
                    • Total Posts: 243

@kathleenramm I don’t have the discipline to grow callouses for a string instrument (I liked violin for a while, but then I decided the callouses would be too much work XD), I don’t have good enough breath support for wind instruments (except ocarina, for some reason; I’m okay-ish at ocarina), I don’t read music very well, and I like/am good at rhythm. So drums skirt all of the roadblocks I’m too lazy to get over, plus use rhythm and have fewer “notes” to learn, lol. Plus they just seem like they’d be really fun. I’m not sure if I’ll reach Phil Collins-level drumming, but his drum parts, for example, would be super fun to learn someday.

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Linyang Zhang
                    @devastate-lasting

@scoutfinch180 Yep, that’s me!

@daisy-torres
                      Ahh thank you!

Libby
                      @libby
                        • Total Posts: 59

A little late to the party, but hello @daisy-torres thank you so much for sending a wave to the musicians.  I get you though, about not being in the mood when composing ; )

I’m a (very) amateur guitarist, a sometimes songwriter, and an always pianist.  I sing, but I’m not a soloist, usually I’m alto when the fam gets together for a sing ^.^

What sort of music do you like/play?

@kathleenramm
                        Aw, that sounds rough.  I’m sorry you don’t really touch your violin much.  It’s like the one instrument I would give so much to be able to learn to play : )

@r-m-archer
                        that’s so cool that you play ocarina!  I don’t know of a lot of people who know what that is, so it’s fun bumping into someone who plays : )

What do you like to play/sing?

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1379

@daisy-torres

I used to play piano but quit, lol. So I’m def not that good. But I just popped on to hear everyone else’s talents, which are awesome!

@devastate-lasting

I shall check out your channel! Piano music is so pretty.

@r-m-archer

WOW you obviously have music skills! What kind of music do you like to sing?

Daisy Torres
                          @daisy-torres

@kathleenramm Aww, that really stinks about the violin! I looove violins. They’re one of my favorite instruments. My sister got one for Christmas and is learning how to play, and occasionally I try to learn a bit as well, but I’m horrible still XD What usually gets me into the mood to learn an instrument is watching other players on YouTube! Idk if that’ll help you like it again or not, but I really hope you continue to play! The world needs more violinists.

I want to learn the guitar as well! They sound so pretty. I get what you mean about singing while playing XD I need to get better at that, but I don’t practice it often.

Daisy Torres
                            @daisy-torres

@devestate-lasting that is sooo pretty!! I subscribed!

Linyang Zhang
                              @devastate-lasting

@joy-caroline @daisy-torres Thank you!

Daisy Torres
                                @daisy-torres

@r-m-archer have you ever tried NewSkin? It’s like a clear polish stuff you put on your skin for cuts, but my ukulele teacher told me to try it on my skin when I play, and it keeps it from hurting while still allowing callouses to grow! It’s amazing. You can get it at Walmart! (Assuming you have a Walmart nearby that is XD)

I also play the ocarina!! Just a small bit, but I do!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >