-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Some questions about characters in the forum Characters 4 years, 7 months ago
This topic is phenomenal! Now I’m itching to answer those questions.
Because crazy questions are some of the best kinds there are…
A character that I don’t like but I don’t hate.
Rabadash is horrible, but also Ridiculous. For that I can despise him as a person, but enjoy him as a character. There are most likely a bunch of these,…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
SCREEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!! *gasps of excitement. Realizes everyone is staring because I just burst through the wall* OH…HEH…
hey…*smirks and waves nonchalantly*
uhhh u could say I used to rlly be obsessed with fairytale retellings….specifically writing them….
I don’t read a ton as of rn, not that I’m not open if they peak my curio…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
SO Because I don’t have many scenes written…I don’t have many lines of dialogue to share…BUT I REALLY WANT TO SHARE SOME SO HERE I GO!
These are from Arabella- (These may make no sense…a lot of my dialogue is like one sentence phrases…)
The girl with ebony hair.
Ara’s throat stung.
“Who are you?”
Her grandfather nodded and hande…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Yes!! That would be fun.
Those are some very interesting lines. Scarlet sounds like quite the character.
Those lines are hilarious. They capture a child’s active mind so we’ll.
And please, cringy is understood. I can’t make myself read the entire three chapters from my first novel idea… And t…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
I hope that wasn’t confusing.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
By a strong church I mean one where God can move unhindered, the people are unified as the body of Christ, and the pastor preaches the Word and the congregation backs him.
We do actively worship if that’s what you mean. We dance before the LORD in praise, but nothing such as Jewish ring dancing or stuff like that.
My favorite…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Ah yes, Wentworth’s letter. That scene (besides Louisa’s fall) is probably one of my favorite in the book. And I usually don’t enjoy romance books…
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Can we get this up and running again with brand new lines from characters? I still don’t really have many….but maybe we can expand this to be lines of not just dialogue but just very short bits of our books?
@kathleenramm @koshka @keilah-h@elanor @jodi-maile @scripter-of-kingdoms @morgan @elishavet-pidyon @annabelle @avacoulter @faith-q@power [Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
I hoped they’d be good questions. 😉
That makes sense. I like how it’s the talents/characteristics of animals. The way you explained it sounds like there’s a moral hidden in it…. now I’m even more curious. 🙂
Good literature is great for inspiration, and in all honesty, Artham inspired the super protective Mountain Guardian…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
@thlobsterlover
Oh my gosh thank you soooo much!!!! Because I honestly need help when it comes to “what to actually DO to fix things 😂” so this helps SO MUCH!! Ahhh!! I’ll definitely be taking your suggestions!!!! Thanks!!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
They don’t turn into the animals, but…. I am thinking there is a way that they can slowly start becoming more and more “creature/monster like” instead of human, but it all depends on if you allow the Animal within you to take control.
And as you can guess, the Middle boy struggles the hardest with this….
thus, he ends up growing a pair of w…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Thx so much!
As for the middle boy I haven’t figured out everything about him, so can’t quite answer all those questions but definitely some things to think on!!
The abilities aren’t much of a spoiler when it comes to how they work.
I’ll use the youngest as an example-
His creature is the mouse type one, so he ends up havi…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
Hmm, well, those activity things didn’t worked for me, so I tagged you here. (Sharing images on here is troublesome for me too)
Ooo, I can’t wait to see it!
Here’s a link to my email;If this works.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Wow. That sounds like some story idea!
I can’t say that I’m very great at planning out/development, even though it is one of my favorite parts. But…
I love your idea for the protagonist. What is his knee-jerk reaction to learning about his capabilities? Does he realize he is rebellious? Why does he want to lead? Is he actually…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Also, Im going to do approach the POV kinda like the wingfeather saga. All 3 siblings are POV characters. But there is one that is the real Protagonist of the entire story.
While honestly my favorite character is the youngest (it usually is) the protagonist I believe is the Middle boy. I believe he’s going to be the one whose voice will have t…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
@kathleenramm @koshka @keilah-h @elanor @jodi-maile @scripter-of-kingdoms@morgan @elishavet-pidyon @annabelle @avacoulter @faith-q @power @devastate-lasting @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @joy-caroline @mkfairygirl @abigail-m@autumn-rebecca @e-k-seaver @daisy-torres @gracie-j @libby @kayleigh-idea @r-m-archer @maryg3 @scoutfinch180 @writerlexi1216…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
ALOHA MY WRITERLY FRIENDZ! SO, as the title states, I have an idea for a new story and I’m excited about it, but I could use some help fleshing it out. This is usually my all time favorite part of the process but at the same time there’s that struggle with the initial “jumping in” when it comes to a new idea. And the “WHERE DO I START?!”
I’ve…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
I think this is my latest reply on record. 😬 Sorry. I have excuses, but let’s not make this reply any more delayed.
To the reply…
G. K. Chesterton’s essays are pretty good, and I’d definitely recommend them. You know his style if writing from The Man Who Was Thursday (our father read part of that to my siblings and I years…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic My Website is Up and Functional! in the forum Publishing & Platform 4 years, 7 months ago
Welcome!
Oh dear. XD I was referring to my astounding ability to run myself into corners on blogs/websites from which not even the back button can save me. XD
I didn’t get lost in yours, so that was greatly appreciated. 🙂
- Load More
