@orielle21
Active 3 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 173
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
I love your focus on God, and how you’re just gushing with joy lol 🙂 I know you’ve been through some challenges, but God is faithful and always will be.
Ah yes, Hobby Lobby. What would we do without it? And cats. And toothpaste. And . . . floss. I have braces and am not enjoying how long flossing takes.
Don’t worry! It’s…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
I guess I do like a lot of instrumental music! It comes from being in a family of crazy music lovers. We all play instruments. What’s your favorite Ludovico Einaudi song? Mine is Due Tremonti or Experience. Or a million others. You should listen to Evynne Hollens! I especially like her duets with Peter.
My favorite…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
No, it is not part of the Green Ember. (Those are good too!)
Lol, good to know! 😀
I hadn’t even thought about toothpaste. Shows how much we take for granted, right?
I echo everything you said.
@everyone
Happy Thanksgiving!
-
Felicity replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
That’s for sure! 🙂 Now you got me thinking of all the things I take for granted! I’m thankful for…toothpaste and wool socks and sour cherry jelly beans and education. Without an education, I wouldn’t be able to write, and if I didn’t write, than I couldn’t be on KP!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
It is! I read it yesterday . . . Are the others in the series good too?
Lol I suppose they are.
Lol sorry, they are not. 😭
I actually learned a lot about how not to right sequels. With my story being so similar, I realized how important it is to keep the plot up and running after the characters leave. Like, don’t let it get…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
sorry I got your tag wrong!! 🙂
-
Felicity replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@erica
I haven’t read that but I’ll check it out! Is it part of the Green Ember series?
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
It is! I read it yesterday . . . Are the others in the series good too?
Lol I suppose they are.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@Erica
I know you mention of City of ember was to Felicity, but lol can I just say, that book is awesome? It was major inspiration for my books, and I only realized the similarities between them a couple months ago.
-
Erica replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Yo there.
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Yes, I’m encouraged so much by the hope God gives us just when we need it. I don’t know if you’ve read The City of Ember (I forget the author lol), but basically the people are trapped in an underground city and the lights are going out. There is a group of people referred to as the “Believers” who are always smiling and singing and…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Whenever I work on Russian long enough I start thinking in Cyrillic, giving me a heavy Russian accent in English. Does something like that happen to you?
I know what you mean! I’ll be learning about which Polish letters make what sound and suddenly I start rolling my r’s in English and pronouncing my i’s like “ee”. 🙂 The Russian accent is…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Love it!
I was a little confused here:
Wait. He turned to Cammie and carefully offered, “I might be able to get you backstage.”
I couldn’t tell if he was thinking “wait” or saying it or something else.
And lol, Cammie’s mom seems like a character 🤣
I like where you have it going! 😃
I have chapter 2 of my story, I think I upl…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh King of the Golden hall! I have that in my clarinet sheet music book.
Oh I like your themes! I like themes of sacrifice in family too, I have a section of my book about a character who made a lot of sacrifices to adopt a little girl.
Ooh Swallowtail summer sounds really interesting!
In A Dream Come True, I played around a lot with…
-
Felicity replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Hey! Thanks for the welcome! My trilogy is my first real dabbling in fantasy so there are tons of cliches and tropes I have to fix but the overall theme is good, I think. 🙂 Here’s s quick synopsis:
Lana has lived in Wilson Falls for all of her twelve years, enjoying everything a close community of farming families brings. She’s…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Glad you are doing better from Covid! I had it for awhile, not nearly as bad as you did though. I do remember deciding crawling was easier than walking though 😂 I was exhausted.
I’m thankful for Jesus forgiving us, me just being happier because I was low-key depressed (it still comes back sometimes but I’m doing better) And…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
I think the plural of “appendix” is “appendices.” It sounds weird tho! lol
I don’t really have a favorite genre of music. I listen to classical music a lot, and I like Ludovico Einaudi, movie soundtracks, and sometimes Peter and Evynne Hollens.
Yes, you should read the Roman Britain Trilogy! The first book The Eagle of…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@erica
Thanks for starting this topic! No kidding, I was thinking about something like this myself! 🙂
Praise the Lord for healing you and your family!
@everyone
I’m thankful for hope. The Bible says that hope is an anchor for our souls, sure and steadfast. We all know the uncertainty of life and how things can change and become unstable very…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
I like your signature! Very true and encouraging.[/quote]
Thanks! It’s from one of my favorite authors, Bess Aldrich. I thought it was pretty relevant for the times we live in.
I stole it from Arwen . . . in “The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen” which is in the back of The Return of the King, I believe.
Yes! I “remember” now. At leas…[Read more]
-
Erica and
Arien are now friends 3 years, 10 months ago - Load More
