-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Mine walk sometimes on their hind legs, but run on all fours. (If a squirrel runs. XD I’m not sure what the right word for ground flying is.) If anyone has read Mistmantle, they’re a lot like that. (very animal like, but also of course, able to do things real squirrels can’t.)
Tripkin is around twelve, come to think of it, and…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding and Character: List of qualities vs a Good Mechanic in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Sorry it took me so long to do this! I’m finally getting around to it. Long replies intimidate me a little bit lol.
Yeah, it’s ok to to use an algorithm every now and then. I personally shun it more often than not in preference of finding a mechanic, and then building off of it in all directions, thus finding all the aspects and e…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Okay, here’s the entry. Y’all’s characters sound like such fun!
Because of my Squiggle Things small size, the normal/slightly choppy conditions write like Euroclydon. XD
Tripkin
“High side!” The words tore from his throat in two rough syllables. His dark furred friend flung himself up the tipping slope to join Tripkin.
Their raft evened out.…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Pacing Your Book! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
This sounds cool! I think Whaley gave some good advice here, but one thing I wanted to mention, I guess.
I usually consider the inciting event to be: the thing that happens, making it so the character can’t go back to normal. But I know that won’t always apply, and each book is unique to itself.
Another thing I noticed — Ara…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Ooo, a tiger. He sounds interesting.
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Zlatan & Vulkasin
Water. Salt. Cold.
Not bitingly cold, not as cold as the snowmelt pools they’d learned to swim in, but an unceasing battering that tore at sodden fur. Vulkasin dug his claws into the wood vessel, grinning against the salt water air.
“How do they do this?”
“Who?” His brother’s low voice was barely audible over the…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
@godlyfantasy12 Nyxie is so cute/hilarious/kinda crazy. XD He’s awesome.
Yeah, my book is kinda similar to Green Ember or Red wall when it comes to the whole clothes and weapons stuff. (My foxes are kinda my favorite with kilts and dirks…)
Thanks!
If your character was only ever all-animal here it should be fine.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Dalton
Treeknife. It’s what he is and what he will be as far down the road as he can see. It was a Treeknife that found him as a tiny kit, and it was a Treeknife who raised him up to be the squirrel he is. Oakorn was everything – a father, a mentor, and a friend. Little does Dalton realize, he was everything to that old Treeknife in return: a…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Zlatan Vrativich Kholmov
The eldest son of Vratislav and Mila Kholmov, he was born a few minutes before his brother. He is currently in training for soldiery just like every male youth in the kingdom, and he’s done well here, being chosen for a special training force that will form him for the higher ranks. But if he ever gets his…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Of course you’re welcome! As long as your character/s is/are animal they’re accepted.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Yes you can join!
Nix can probably mention humans, although no one is likely to understand him, most likely thinking of Lyn as a larger fox. Which could be interesting, come to think of it…
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
@livingwoodchronicles I’m tagging you because I know you’re one of us few who’ve got some animal characters, but don’t feel like you have to join.
@keilah-h Here it is if you’d like to join! (And even if you can’t I suppose here it still is)
@Elishavet-Pidyon Ahoy! It is done!
-
Koshka started the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
You have washed ashore on an Island. There are tangled woods, high cliffs, sandy beaches, an ancient ruin, and more, so much more. In fact, no one knows the extent of what this island holds. Your mission: survival.
- Only animal Characters. Humans do not exist. Sorry.
- While it might be a powerfully symbolic move, and maybe something a villain…
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
I don’t know… Does saying the name of the characters count for the answer to the first question? If so, I like all the characters on my profile picture (left to right: Blaine, Rashino, Blair, Flaz)…. heh heh… If I have to choose one, I like Blair or Flaz best…
They sound awesome!! And the drawings look amazing!!!
I can’t choose one place……
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Julia!! Oh, I’ve been writing since 11 or 12 too! (Well, seriously writing that is. XD)
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!!
Now time for some questions!!
1. Favorite character you’ve ever written?
2. If you could visit anywh…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Realistic is great! I like to stick to that route per usual. I am intrigued by these uniforms though; how are they powerful? in what ways? What do they look like?
Lol, yes!! I need a cloak too! My siblings and I always try to make medieval clothes but we have never succeeded.
Medieval clothing is beautimous. It’s very simple too (or at…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
WhAt?! Okay, not really shocked. Still, you have to read the books! If you can. When you get the time.
(Trying not to be pushy here.)
They’re so much shorter than the Tolkien. Sooo. Much. Shorter.
Anyway, sorry if I barged in here.
(Please read/listen to the books whenever you get the time…)
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Why hello and good morning! I’m sorry I didn’t see this last night.
It has been a while, but then I haven’t exactly been on here much this summer (summer=chaos).
Life. We moved in July (for the first time in my life, which makes it huge even though it’s just to the other side of town) which was not bad, but not fun. Still have…[Read more]
- Load More
