Hi everyone!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Hi everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    -GRCR-
    @grcr
      • Total Posts: 949

Hi everyone!

My name is Julia. Iā€™m a homeschooler who has been trying to write books since I was 11 or 12. I love fantasy stories that have likable character. Iā€™m nervousā€¦ and so excited to be here. šŸ˜€

...i see the world in my head every time i close my eyes...

hybridlore
      @hybridlore
        • Total Posts: 1359

@grcr

Hi Julia! Nice to meet you! Iā€™m hybridlore, also a homeschooler, Christian teen girl, and writer.. if you havenā€™t already guessed šŸ˜…

Ah, donā€™t be nervous girl.. everyoneā€™s amazing on here! Weā€™re all just here to hang out and help each other šŸ˜Š

Some newbie questions for you!

Whatā€™s your favorite book series/books/authors?

Whatā€™s your WIP about? (Work in progress, basically whatever youā€™re writing currently)

What is your favorite genre?

(Edit: Oops haha, itā€™s probably fantasy xD)

Where do you write best?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I hope you love it here šŸ„°

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by hybridlore.

There is always light behind the clouds.
        - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

-GRCR-
        @grcr

Hi!!

My favorite book seriesā€¦ heh heh, I donā€™t really have oneā€¦ I guess the Narnia series. I really love A Tale of Two Cities (by Charles Dickens), Daniel Deronda (by George Elliot), The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (byĀ Anne BrontĆ«)ā€¦ I have lotsā€¦

I like several different authorsā€¦ šŸ™‚

Ā 

So, the story Iā€™m currently working on is about a group of characters who are warriors for my fictional world..

I really enjoy fictionā€¦ sci-fi fictionā€¦ romance occasionallyā€¦ šŸ™‚

I write bestā€¦. um.. in my room I guess.. heh hehā€¦ (Is that what you meant? lol)

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 8156

@grcr Hello, and welcome to KP!!!! šŸ‘‹šŸ‘‹

I am FreedomWriter76 (often just called Freedom šŸ˜‰) a homeschooled, southerner, Christian teen girl that is also a Music Fan, History Buff, and Marvel Nerd that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction!

And like @hybridlore said, no need to be nervous! Everyone is amazing here (the best online community I have EVER seen) and you will fit right inā€¦just be yourself! šŸ’•

A few random ask-the-newbie questions for you!!!

1. Whatā€™s your favorite Character Arc? (positive, negative, flat, redemption, etc.)
            2. What is your favorite character to write in your WIP(s)?
            3. Do you prefer happily ever-afters, sad endings, or bittersweet endings?
            4. Favorite food?
            5. If you could choose, what country would you most want to visit?

Ā 

Well, thatā€™s all I have for now! Again, welcome to KP, and God Bless!!! <3

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156
              hybridlore
              @hybridlore
                • Total Posts: 1359

@grcr

Ooh, awesome! I love Narnia!! šŸ˜ Havenā€™t read the rest of those, but I know of some of themā€¦ Yeah, me too XD Itā€™s really hard to pick.

Cool! Whatā€™s the fictional world like? Iā€™m assuming itā€™s fantasy, xD

Amazing, I LOVE sci Fi!! Fantasy is pretty good at times, too.. have you read KOTLC?

XD Yeah! I was just trying to think of different questions.. lol.

I forgot to tag people! Idk whoā€™s already responded xD Hopefully I donā€™t double tag people..

@highscribeofaetherium
                @esther-c @euodia-vision @acancello @whalekeeper @kyronthearcanin @thearcaneaxiom @mineralizedwritings @everyone

Ā 

Edit:

Ughhh, sorry guysā€¦ lagg xD Freedom already tagged yā€™all..

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by hybridlore.

There is always light behind the clouds.
                - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

-GRCR-
                @grcr

Sorry guys, my internet is slowā€¦ And I over think thingsā€¦. heh heh

@freedomwriter76

Hi!!

Iā€™m not fully sure what an arc isā€¦ to be honestā€¦ heh hehā€¦

I really donā€™t knowā€¦. šŸ™‚

Do you prefer happily ever-afters, sad endings, or bittersweet endings?

I love sad endings and bittersweet ones.. heh heh..

I love spaghettiā€¦

Ā 

I would most definitely Greece or Italy. Or Japanā€¦

Ā 

@hybridlore

šŸ™‚

Well yes, its fantasyā€¦ wellā€¦ without the weird cyclops and centaurs and things. Its kind of a mix of things.. my sibling and I love medieval, so lots of thatā€¦ heh heh

I did start reading KOTLC, but I stoped kinda around the first few chapters.. I had seen it in a store and just wondered what is was about. šŸ™‚

Ā 

HighScribe
                  @highscribeofaetherium
                    • Total Posts: 2230

@grcr

Hii, Julia!! Nice to meet you!! Iā€™m Bridget, aka HighScribe!! Welcome to KP!! I love fantasy and sci-fi, too (and tbh, I can be a real sucker for romance :P)

Narnia is the beeestttttttttt!!!!!!! Itā€™s so good!!

Now Iā€™m hungry for spaghetti, even though I just ate dinner lol.

A couple questions:

Fav beverage??

Tortilla or potato chips??

Is a hotdog a sandwich??

Idk why all my questions are food related lol.

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

-GRCR-
                    @grcr

@highscribeofaetherium

Hi!!

Ā 

I donā€™t really have a favorite beverageā€¦ My family doesnā€™t really drink soda, but I do really like juice, lol.

I love potato chips.

No, hot dogs are not sandwiches. Theyā€™re their own category lol. šŸ™‚

heh heh

-GRCR-
                      @grcr

@highscribeofaetherium

I take it youā€™ve read Narnia?Ā If so, who was your favorite character?

Koshka
                        @koshka
                          • Total Posts: 1424

@grcr

Why hello there and welcome to the Kingdom! Iā€™m called Koshka around here. Iā€™m a middle-grade animal fantasy writer with random spurts into a bunch of other genres, who also dabbles in poetry and ice cream. A lot of ice cream.

Now for the ASK-THE-NEWBIE-QUESTIONS!!

1. Whatā€™s your favorite authorā€™s natural hair color?
                          2. If you could own a horse for the rest of your life or ride a dragon for a day, which would it be?
                          3. Does pineapple belong on pizza?
                          4. And lastly but not leastly, Do you like jellybeans?!

Welcome to the Kingdom!

*Offers you a bowl of raspberries*

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
                          @elishavet-pidyon
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@grcr

Greetings and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! Iā€™m called Elishavet around here, and Iā€™m a young adventurer into medieval fantasy too, as well as the random poem, flash fiction, and well, randomness.

So how fantastic is your book world? I have two main WIPs which are neither of them magical ā€“ although one does have some fantastic elements like fire captured in a blade etc. Etc.

I also love medieval stuff, especially history from 800 ad to 1300 ad. For some reason. I think itā€™s the cloaksā€¦I need a cloak.

I love Narnia! And although I cannot say I like Charles Dickens, I have a high respect for his work. I havenā€™t read any of Anne BrontĆ«ā€™s work, but I did enjoy Jane Eyre. (If thatā€™s how itā€™s spelled. XD) Have you read George MacDonald or E. Nesbet? (Fun fact: the book Treasure Seekers is referenced in The Magicianā€™s Nephew)

Anyway, as is obvious, I talk a lot. (Sorry) letā€™s have some fun questions and be done.

1. If lost in an enemy Baronā€™s woods, what would you do?
                            2. Should sushi be deep fried?
                            3. Do socks belong on chair feet?
                            4. Should shoes be worn in the house?

And thatā€™s it for now. See you in a bit!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

-GRCR-
                            @grcr

@koshka

Hi there!!

Ā 

Lolā€¦ Ummā€¦. a very strange questionā€¦ I guess ā€¦*looks up*ā€¦ brown according to what Iā€™m seeing (Charles Dickens)

I would undoubtedly own a dragon. šŸ˜€

YESSSSS!!! Pineapple BELONGS on pizza! FOREVER!! XD

Unfortunately, I do not like jellybeansā€¦ Iā€™m not too big on gummies and the suchā€¦ I used to love them though. lol

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*ahh thank you! takes a raspberry* šŸ™‚

-GRCR-
                              @grcr

@elishavet-pidyon

Hi!!

Ā 

I guess we could say its pretty realisticā€¦ no one has any powers or anything, and the closest they come to powers are their very fancy/powerful uniformsā€¦

Lol, yes!! I need a cloak too! My siblings and I alway try to make medieval clothes but we have never succeeded. We enjoy RPing outside and pretending to be villagers.. lol

(Do you have a favorite Narnia character at all?) Iā€™ve never read anything by George Macdonaldā€¦ I think I have read Nesbitā€¦ I think anywayā€¦ Actually I have read the ā€˜Beautiful Stories from Shakespeareā€™ by Nesbitā€¦ (that fact is interestingā€¦ )

(No problem, I donā€™t mind being talked to a bunch šŸ™‚ )

Ā 

Ā 

Lol, Iā€™d try to get out of the woodā€¦ heh heh

I donā€™t knowā€¦ I donā€™t really eat sushi, but I think frying it would ruin it. šŸ™‚

lol noā€¦ but thats kinda funny to think aboutā€¦

Well, I think itā€™s ok if there isnā€™t carpetā€¦

See you later!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by -GRCR-.

-GRCR-
                                @grcr

Actually, on the lost in the woods question, Iā€™d probably wood stress and a have a heart attack. šŸ˜

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >