-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
My Character:
Nahim (nay-him) Alfred Nayhelm
gender: Masculine
Eye color: Red
Hair color: black
Skin Shade: pale brown or little a little b little a little b (abab) to anyone who understands that.
Voice: It has been described as “Young, too young” and “the voice of a thirteen-year-old”
Age in my WIP: 19-21
Height: about 6 feet.
People/…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi! I’m RAE or you can call me Ru or Ruee
I’m a blue-eyed girl who’s insane about horses, passionate about writing, loves her God, plays the piano, dabbles in poetry and machine embroidery, and reaches for the sky…But hasn’t reached it yet. I’m a homeschooler with a big imagination at the age of fourteen. Good to meet you. **Hand shake**…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Yess!!! Read and reread them, they’re amazing. My family might be starting the first one as a read aloud, too! 😁 I’ve been trying to get my siblings to read them forever. Who’s your favorite character?
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Ooh, 1rst Great Awakening? I love that time period, too. It sounds like we might have a few things in common; I write a lot in story form, but I was on a newspaper team during my one year of public school and really enjoyed writing articles, too. I was on the editorial team so if you ever need someone to bounce a paper off of, let me know…[Read more]
-
Ruth posted an update 3 years ago
@euodia-vision Love your location on your profile, lol!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years ago
Love the pic! How do you get that detailing in the hair!!!? I’ve been trying to do that for like years!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years ago
Thanks, it’s my most recent watercolor of my MC, Nahim (pronounce nay-him never nah-him)
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years ago

-
Ruth started the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
Hi. I’m RAE. You can call me Ru or Ruee, whichever.
I’m writing a book called Guardian Angels, a space story, and I would like some criticism on it. By the way, when I do ‘dialogue’ It means he’s thinking that, not saying it. Here is the first chapter…
CHAPTER 1 LAXAN
Billowing smoke filled the air. Lava drooled red into the city streets. R…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
I don’t really know much about abuse effects or anything like that other than I’ve read in books, thankfully. One thing I would ask is, is it absolutely necessary to the plot/character? Because I think that can really easily become a cliched, sort of stereotypical in books, so if you’re just throwing it in there to make the…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
**indebted-to-you smile of joy**
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi Nevaeh! It’s nice to meet you!
I’m hybridlore on here, or just Hybrid, a Christian, violinist, and sci-fi/dystopian writer. I’m also a homeschooler and enjoy doing lots of things! 😁
Okay, maybe you can revive the nonfiction section on here… I don’t know exactly what’s going on over there, but I don’t think it’s used very often.…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi. I’m not much for intros, but I’m a blue-eyed girl who’s insane about horses, passionate about writing, loves her God, plays the piano, dabbles in poetry and machine embroidery, and reaches for the sky…But hasn’t reached it yet. I’m a homeschooler with a big imagination at the age of fourteen. Good to meet you. **Hand…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Yeah, I definitely like viola better, because of the sound, I guess. I don’t really know, but it just fits me better.
Yeah, I get that. It’s really similar to violin, just a little deeper, right? I don’t think you have an E string.
My inspiration for my WIP was a bunch of different books and one of my friends, who loves to imagine a…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Advice and characters is mostly what I shall be doing. Characters profiles, art, anything. And advice would be the most random things, cuz that’s how my mind works.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Last count of characters was 109+/- and that was Jan. 8th. Since then, I created a lot more and haven’t bothered to count them, I should though, sometime. I’ve got way too many characters.
I like to write third person, but when learning about a new character, or just in the mood, I will write little bits of scenes in first. I don’t do well…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I enjoy reading, hiking, and photography (and of course, writing- why else would I be here?). I write mostly contemporary fiction, historical, a little mystery, and some journalism.
I see your quote by Patrick Henry; do you like history? If so, what time period is your favorite? I’m a bit…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
Yes, I agree with that as well. I’ve grown up in a charismatic church, so I also believe Holy Spirit still speaks to us today, and I do agree that feeling or sensing the Holy Spirit is different that our own emotions and feelings, and yes, it is a process of discernment to distinguish between the two.
And going back to the…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Yeah, I love pretty much any American history, but especially the 1700s and 1800s. The story I’m currently writing is set in the midwest in the late 1800s so it feels a little bit like the Little House series.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
I wanted to add some thoughts on the question of discerning truth. I agree with Whaley’s assessment, because if we are constantly making decisions based on how we feel, we’re headed down a dangerous path. Feelings and emotions don’t last; we may feel something one day and the next day have a totally different feeling…[Read more]
- Load More

@rae
Why, thank you!!! Do you like Lord of the Rings?
I love your pfp too! Horses are amazinggggg
Do I love lotr? They are my favorite movies and books! Tolkien is my favorite author! I literally did not like books until I read The Hobbit, and I only read that cuz my big brother kept talking about it. Since then, I watched the movies over and over again, plus read the books twice. After I finish school assigned reading, I plan to read them again.
@rae
YUS GIRL!!! *high five*
I’ve only read the books once, but rn I’m working through Lotr a second time. Buuuut, I’ve seen the movies like 8 times. 😂
Do you like books or movies better? And do you like the hobbit or lord of the rings?
I like the books, cuz I appreciate good writing and that was the first book that I cried over only two words, “Aragorn dies” and I’ve never had another book do that to me. I’ve cried over those words twice!
Lord of the Rings, it captures me and Strider was like a game changer for me. i loved his mysterious personality at first.
Awww! 😭 So like the part where it says Aragorn dies of old age?
YES!!! I love Aragorn/Strider!!! Some of my fam thinks he’s weird but he’s my favorite Lotr character, besides Sam ofc.