Hi everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1357

@hanako

Hi Nevaeh! It’s nice to meet you!

I’m hybridlore on here, or just Hybrid, a Christian, violinist, and sci-fi/dystopian writer. I’m also a homeschooler and enjoy doing lots of things! 😁

Okay, maybe you can revive the nonfiction section on here… I don’t know exactly what’s going on over there, but I don’t think it’s used very often. What kind of nonfiction do you write? Are we talking like, essays or articles or something else?

Awesome! Sci-fi is amazing, it’s definitely one of my favorite genres. Have you heard of Skyward by Brandon Sanderson or Recorder by Cathy McCrumb? Those are probably my two favorites so far.

Anyway, I didn’t read all your answers, so sorry if you’ve already been asked these questions.

Do you have a favorite book/series/author?

What is your WIP about? (Work in progress.)

What are your other hobbies besides writing?

Anyway, welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m sure you’ll like it here 😁

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Trailblazer
      @trailblazer
        • Total Posts: 599

@hanako

Ooh, 1rst Great Awakening? I love that time period, too. It sounds like we might have a few things in common; I write a lot in story form, but I was on a newspaper team during my one year of public school and really enjoyed writing articles, too. I was on the editorial team so if you ever need someone to bounce a paper off of, let me know and I’d be glad to help! ☺️

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

hanako
        @hanako
          • Total Posts: 171

@hybridlore

Hi! Nice to meet you!

I know…my sister @grcr warned me about that. lol A lot of people seem to be writing fiction, but I think there is plenty of room for both. And both can help to expand God’s kingdom. Hmm…mostly essays for now, but I hope to start on a fictional book soon too.

Ohh…I never heard of those. I will have to look them up! The titles sound pretty interesting for sure.

As far series goes, I really enjoy the Halo series for the Xbox game. I think it has a perfect join between a somewhat realistic military feel, while having some very fantastical elements. It literally had me wanting to train like a Spartan. lol

My current WIP is an essay called American Leader, it’s about what qualities good leaders should have and how those qualities are developed.

Oh hobbies!! I like to sew clothes and knit. I also like to bake!

"We don't play to win, we win by playing."

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

hanako
          @hanako

@trailblazer

That’s so kind of you! Thanks!

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom
              • Total Posts: 1251

@hanako

Well…non-fiction in the sense that I like to write about my thoughts on American government and real world topics.

Interesting, so your getting into a lot of political history and theory?

I’m working on a essay called American Leader. It’s about the qualities a leader should have and how those qualities are developed. What do you think are leaders born or raised?

Cool! My answer would be yes. Leaders can be born or made depending on a few things. I believe leaders can be born because Heavenly Father can foreordain them to serve that purpose, and they can have more natural charisma. However it is still their own free agency and experience that leads them to, well, lead, and I think anyone else can learn if they take that path. I think this applies to more things than leadership. The dilemma of nature vs nurture, however the truth is that they both are real factors that play into who an individual becomes, they don’t contradict one another.

One is a whole number, so even if you divided one, the quotient is not two whole numbers. It’s two fractions. Thus you can not get two whole numbers out of one.

You logic seems reasonable, but it functions on the assumption that 1 is separate from 2 already. If 1 really isn’t equal to 2 like you assert, what do you say to the following logic?

Consider the equation 1=2/(3-1). Because 1 is within the equation, we can place the whole equation within itself like so: 1=2/(3-2/(3-1)), and leave the equation unchanged. We can do this again and again. Once we do this an infinite number of times, we get an infinite equation like so: 1=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))). Now, consider the equation 2=2/(3-2), because 2 is within the equation, we can place the whole equation within itself like so: 2=2/(3-2/(3-2)), and leave the equation unchanged. We can do this again and again. Once we do this an infinite number of times, we get an infinite equation like so: 2=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))). Because 1=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))), and 2=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))), 1 must therefore equal 2.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

hanako
              @hanako

@thearcaneaxiom

Interesting, so your getting into a lot of political history and theory?

Yes…or trying to anyway. For now it’s mostly study of documents like the Bill of Rights, speeches and the Constitution.

Cool! My answer would be yes. Leaders can be born or made depending on a few things. I believe leaders can be born because Heavenly Father can foreordain them to serve that purpose, and they can have more natural charisma. However it is still their own free agency and experience that leads them to, well, lead, and I think anyone else can learn if they take that path. I think this applies to more things than leadership. The dilemma of nature vs nurture, however the truth is that they both are real factors that play into who an individual becomes, they don’t contradict one another.

That’s a good point. I didn’t think about that.

Consider the equation 1=2/(3-1). Because 1 is within the equation, we can place the whole equation within itself like so: 1=2/(3-2/(3-1)), and leave the equation unchanged. We can do this again and again. Once we do this an infinite number of times, we get an infinite equation like so: 1=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))). Now, consider the equation 2=2/(3-2), because 2 is within the equation, we can place the whole equation within itself like so: 2=2/(3-2/(3-2)), and leave the equation unchanged. We can do this again and again. Once we do this an infinite number of times, we get an infinite equation like so: 2=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))). Because 1=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))), and 2=2/(3-2/(3-2/(3-…))), 1 must therefore equal 2.

Ohh..okay. I see where you’re coming from.

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

Kads
                @scripter-of-kingdoms
                  • Total Posts: 765

yoooooooo fellow ghibli fan, is your pfp from the wind rises?

staring at the fields
                  if nothing's really real
                  i'll make the winter now my home

hanako
                  @hanako

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Hey! Yes!! It’s one of my favorites, next would be From Up on Poppy Hill. 🙂 I love tutoro, but I’ve never seen it.

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

Kads
                    @scripter-of-kingdoms

@hanako ahhhh cool!!! i’ve not seen the wind rises yet, it’s on my to watch list! it looks really good :’) YES from up on poppy hill and totoroooo i love ghibli 😭 do you watch any other anime/read manga/etc?

staring at the fields
                      if nothing's really real

hanako
                      @hanako

@scripter-of-kingdoms

I like anime and would read it, but I have yet to find many good ones. I really enjoy slice of life type animes, as I’m not really a fantastical person. What about you?

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms

@hanako that makes sense! it’s also hard to find clean anime and manga so i get you on that 😭 but i can give you slice-of-life reccs if you want? 👀

hmmmmm it really depends on the content for me, if it’s clean then i’ll watch/read it LOL

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real

hanako
                          @hanako

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Oh Thank goodness someone had to say it! Yes it is sooo hard to find clean anime/manga! Recommendations would be great! Our family really enjoys Von Trap Family and Heidi anime, but it’s in Japanese and you can’t find the whole thing with subtitles. >_<

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

Kads
                            @scripter-of-kingdoms

@hanako NO IT’S SO REAL 😭 a lot of anime and manga seem to have really uh unsavoury content :’)

okayyyy so for manga:

– Chi’s Sweet Home by Konami Kanata
                              – Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma
                              – Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan by Sasami Nitori
                              – Barakamon (if you don’t mind the occasional… weird joke?? otherwise it’s clean from what ik about it, but haven’t read it personally so…. just going off what i know haha)
                              – could also recommend manga based on videogames if you’re interested in that, but no worries if not ^^
                              tbh those ones are kind of aimed at a younger audience but they’re very enjoyable and wholesome 🙂

and anime:

– Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop (this one’s a movie)
                              – tbh there’s also Haikyuu!! but there is minor language in the show :/ wouldn’t recommend if you have younger kids around/you don’t like having any language at all (i’ve kinda not been watching it very much just bcs there’s language lol but that isnt always a problem for everybody so just thought i might put it out there)
                              – i’m still looking for more clean anime so i’ll keep you updated as i go, if you like <3

staring at the fields
                              if nothing's really real

hanako
                              @hanako

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll have to check them out. We’re always looking for good animes too, so if you want I can share any I find too?

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

Kads
                                @scripter-of-kingdoms

@hanako

i’d appreciate that a lot! ^^ <3

staring at the fields
                                  if nothing's really real

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >