-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 3 years ago
Here was some brainstorming I did on one of my character ideas!
Name (full, nickname, anything relevant to the story): Isabelle Merrida Cortess. She’s named after her ancestors (maybe an Isabelle who came on the original ship to colonize the planet).
Race/description: Unruly/frizzy dark reddish-brown hair, hazel brown eyes. Sort of tall for her a…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 3 years ago
So, I decided to create a doc and just put all the characters I’ve created into it and do the questionnaire for each of them in there, but one thing I realized is that this questionnaire doesn’t necessarily work for non-major characters. Side characters aren’t supposed to be super fleshed out, they’re supposed to be flat, so which questio…
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
My favorite character to write is probably one of the main characters in my current WIP, whose name is Obsidian Gray. He’s pretty easy to write, but hasn’t been a point-of-view character yet, so I don’t know for sure.
Ok awesome!!
What’s your current WIP about? If you’re posting things about it on here, would you tag me?
So, it’s a tr…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Ok, so life has been really busy, but I should be able to write another RP tomorrow. 🙃
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
Okay, yay!! XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
Okay! XD good! I’m glad it wasn’t annoying you, cause it was a lot of tags XD
Gotcha, yeah. Totally understand that.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
I shall remember the paragraph thing! Funny, just a minute ago, I had someone say almost the same thing after I emailed hr my short story!
Thoughts are in italics on my Word document, just they didn’t stay there, when I copied and pasted.
You have no idea how happy it makes me feel when someone says they want to read the next…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@sinner4him
Ranks, they are based on posts. oh, wait, you’ve already been told that, never mind.
You can click directly on the Community tab and it comes up with a whole bunch of stuff, select the thing that best fits your book and create a new topic.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
Thanks for the tag!! You’re really saving me there XD I hope to be more active, especially once I leave YWW. (:
No problem XD hopefully it wasn’t getting annoying, I just keep seeing things that I’m like, “Oh Ava does that!” or whatever, so yeah XD. When are you leaving YWW?
That was really good! I’m super interested to s…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer changed their profile picture 3 years ago
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I think that’s why the whole scene felt so weird to me, too. I have a certain amount of romance in a book that I can tolerate and usually kissing scenes are too much for me. Years ago, I personally made the decision to save my first kiss for my wedding day and I think that’s why it’s hard for me to stomach kissing scenes lol.…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Oh my, I didn’t even think about human ears! Lol that’s so funny now that I see it that way!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic AIO (adventures in odyssey) RP!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I might hop in here if I can come up with a character.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic AIO General thread (all things AIO and writing) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@sarafini Which one is album 75? I’m not part of the AIO club so I haven’t followed which episodes are on which album very well. I usually listen when the episodes are streamed on the radio, so I’m familiar with the storylines and characters but not really the albums they’re in.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Yeah, I think so! Just might make it a little easier to understand XD I mean, in hindsight, they were at a corn shucking thing. I should’ve known they were talking about CORN ears XXD
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic AIO General thread (all things AIO and writing) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@sarafini @whalekeeper @smiley
I totally didn’t see that this was a thing but now I’m gonna have to get caught up on this and maybe join in….
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I added a little to this part. Does this sound good?
“We’ll see who gets a red ear tonight,” Albert hinted, a glint in his eye. My skin prickled at the mention of the tradition well known in these parts of the country- any boy who happened to open a red ear of corn got to kiss his sweetheart.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@hybridlore Yeah I should probably clarify that. If you’re not aware of that tradition it definitely wouldn’t make sense. Thanks for pointing it out!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
Remind me tomorrow night! I started typing it into a document (it was originally in a notebook) and I need to finish it but I won’t have time to do it tonight yet.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Nope, I think it’s just you XD I didn’t notice anything seeming weird, except I didn’t understand when Albert said, “We’ll see who gets the red ear of corn tonight!” until Dr. Hawley opened it. Anyway, I like Clara and him together so far!
- Load More
