-
Trailblazer replied to the topic AIO General thread (all things AIO and writing) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I’ve been wanting to ask this and keep forgetting… so here we are, finally:
Which Odyssey character would you be, or which one is the most like you?
I would be one of the oldies… Lucy Cunningham-Shultz. She’s a newspaper editor, for starters, and I was a newspaper editor when I was in public school, too. As I was reading…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Wanna critique my first crack at a comic? in the forum Art 3 years ago
Well, I see the link you posted. I’m not sure if that’s what you want or not. If you haven’t already, maybe try the link button at the top of the response box? 🤷🏻♀️ idk
-
Esther replied to the topic How to write non-magical fantasy in the forum Fantasy 3 years ago
That’s a great question! And actually, I’m planning to write a non-magical fantasy sometime in the future.
I think all you have to do is make the world unique. Magic doesn’t define fantasy, although it often is a big component of it. You can create different races, or different culture within one world or country. Whatever you want…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@acancello @mineralizedwritings @freedomwriter76 @grcr @savannah_grace2009 @trailblazer
Ok, since we have a weird guy to girl ration, I’ll go ahead and add in Hedieh. It’ll be fun. 😉
Amir
Amir squirmed in his seat, trying to get comfortable. He hated wearing this tight-fitting suit, but if it was for tradition, then he told himself he wou…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Ok I have a confession to make.
I had no idea it was called cotton-eyed Joe.
I’ve literally been confused about the name for probably seven or eight years.
I always thought it was “catnai” joe or something like that lol.
I don’t know how, I guess I never saw it in writing before….
It’s kind of embarrassing that I didn’t…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
This is totally out of the norm for anything Victorian era but what if they did some group dances?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic KP won't let me post… in the forum Questions and Support 3 years ago
I got that notification, but then the page didn’t come up! Yeah, Kathleen should be able to help. KP goes through a lot of different glitches, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
Have you tried it again since then?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I’m lost
What’s going on?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Oh no! Oh no. I’m sorry. Above I was tagging you, but I just realized I said “@sinner4him” I’m so sorry! The things I do🙄.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
If we’re going for anything similar to a Victorian ball, then I think the guys are expected to dance with different girls, but since we’re trying to put characters from multiple eras in the same room idk how this should work.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I just wasn’t sure how to get a masquerade ball started, which was why I didn’t RP since the dressing room, but once it kicks off I’ll try to jump in.
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Thanks!! I will!
Yesss, for sure!! Oh yeah, it is! I’m pretty sure it’s Nia. I think it’s an illustration from the…. second or third book. I can’t remember which one.
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hello, nice to meet you! As for your first question, I cannot answer, lol. (I’m wondering, can you? I love asking other people this question, but for me, my characters are my children and I can’t pick favorites.)
Lol, I totally get that. XD I’m not sure, tbh. Sometimes it changes depending on my mood. 😂 But most of the time, I love writing one o…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
@hybridlore @freedomwriter76 @euodia-vision @kyronthearcanin @jonas @mineralizedwritings @loopylin @whalekeeper @anyone-else-who-might-have-slight-interest
I’m not going to bother with italics this time, they always come out wring. Anyway, this is the fourth chapter, but I’m going to warn you that I may drastically change part of this chapter, so…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic AIO (adventures in odyssey) RP!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Oops, meant to tag @smiley, not @savannah_grace2009….
But since I tagged you, Sara, I think we agreed that Bennett and Christine would be an a cute couple, right?
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @freedomwriter76
I’m trying to remember what we previously discussed… if my memory is correct, had we decided that Mr. Baumann and Mr. Thurman would try to arrange a marriage between Hans and Adeline, but neither Adeline nor Hans want to marry each other? That would work well if Hans is interested in Anna, and Adeline has…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Characters of England | A 19th Century Role Play in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
It’s pretty easy to join in this one! You might want to read through the previous RP’s to get an idea of what’s happening, and then introduce your family.
-
hybridlore posted an update 3 years ago
@euodia-vision
Hey! If you have a minute, could you try to help me with something?
I’m basically starting over on creating a blog, but it won’t let me edit the free domain name… do you know how to fix this? It’s stuck as my former blog name with the new one added on the end. - Load More

Here’s the link — https://writingsandramblings.wixsite.com/sci-fi—apple-pie
Also, thoughts on the new name? I love both of them and I realized they rhymed, so I thought it worked well… I don’t know if it’s too weird, though. XD
Also yeah, design is in a very early stage of development, lol
Hey girl!! Okay, so to change the domain name you’ll have to change the name of your Wix account which you can do in account settings.
And, ahhh, I’m loving the blog so far! I think the new name is cute! It’s unique and catchy so I think people will remember it better.😉
Great job, girl! Lmk if that domain name thing works!
@euodia-vision
Auugggh right, I forgot about that… it’s a weird setting, lol. Thanks so much!
Thank you! Yeah, I figured it was more interesting and unique lol.
Ok, I will! Thx again!
@hybridlore
haha yes it is kinda weird. 😆 no problem!
it is! I really like it!
of course!!
@euodia-vision
It worked! Thanks!
One other question, I don’t know if there is a way to do this for sure, but if I was going to upload posts to different sections of the blog, how would that work? For example, like a book review posts section, and then a writing section… can I choose which posts go on which page?
Hey!! So sorry I wasn’t able to get back to you before I left.
So you should be able to do that… you might have to have a section where all the posts go to then you should be able to divide it up into categories…
Have you figured that out yet? if not I can experiment. 😉
@euodia-vision
No problem! I was able to figure it out, thanks! How was your trip?
Oh yay!! The trip was really good! NYC is definitely not somewhere I’d want to live, it was dirty, and busy, and no one smiled, but I enjoyed the sightseeing part of it! We saw SO many incredible things. I got a loooot of pictures😂 . Thanks for asking!