-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“It would be a blessing.” She left the last piece out of her translation, Your smile is one. “Officially, I am called a Young Warrioress by my people, some call me an empressling. It may sound odd to you, but to me, ‘miss’ sounds odd too.”
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@whoever-made-up-Wyoh
your ghost is eating my ideas
@savannah_grace2009 Another victim of our Wyoh!
Don’t worry, you’re not alone, she’s been eating my notifs before I see them, eating Freedom’s posts and cursing Sara to spell tags wrong! 😆
She’s been very busy lately.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@scoufinch180
I’m finally replying.
How did Nahim get here after fainting in the middle of a hostile environment?]
That is revealed later on in the book. While Nahim thought that it was impossible, someone did come into the grasslandsxand found him. Not Mandin though.
I’m guessing the stone (may I suggest the Opal, heart, or Eye of the…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
That sounds good, I’m glad you were able to get a clear answer from God! I agree, I think it still definitely works even without the shorter beginning. And even if it does turn some readers away, it’s going to touch the people God wants it to. 🙂
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes, but they probably would have called it courting back then. That’s why Libbie was so upset with Etta to start off with, because Etta started seeing Chester without telling her what was going on. And Etta had already known that Libbie had a crush on Chester.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“Nar? I would love to go to the dance with you.” Nar burst in another smile, but before she could answer, he held a finger to his mouth. “But we don’t know each other too well. So I’d also love to buy you some treats before we ride the bus back, and hang out. So you can decide. Is that okay?”
“Yeh! I’d love too! Ih cum len fl…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Here ya go, while I’m here I might as well give you more.
As the winter thawed into spring, I knew it was time to make things right. I crossed the fields to the Cullivers’ house, and as I approached, I saw Etta’s petite figure working in the garden. She didn’t hear me coming until I was about ten feet away.
“Good day, Et…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
LOLLLL now it’s my turn to mispell your tag
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@vinagirl (plz tell me if you don’t want me to tag you every time time I post another scene) @hybridlore @svannah_grace2009
More!!
I still couldn’t bring myself to approach Etta as the harvest season arrived. Out of politeness, I attended the cornshuckings with all the other young people, but it felt like the fun was sucked out of them. Every t…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Ahhh I want to tell you what I had planned but I don’t want to give spoilersssss!
-
Esther posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
Y’all ever had a time when you’ve been working on a different WIP, but then go back to writing your original one, the one you really truly love, the one that has the characters who you know like your best friend, and just feel at home? That’s what happened to me. I had been working on my NaNo WIP, but I went back to my WIP with Ev and Ami and i…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
About prologues…I’ve never heard that before! Mine is technically a first chapter, so should I just erase the label of “prologue”?? 😂
You do whatever you want, girl, it’s your story. XD
I had actually never heard that before, but it kind of makes sense. I think some writers also use prologues for info-dumping. I’d rather have…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Jayson
This was awkward.
“Jayson, Rafael, which would you two prefer?” the older man turned to Raffe with a gentle smile. I glanced at my Commando In Arms (I’ll explain later, it has to do with cereal boxes).
“Well,” Raffe paused as if tasting his thoughts before serving them for general consumption. “I think you’r…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok so in this RP I say Liv has blue eyes, but correct me if I’m wrong. 😂
Lukas
Lukas found he couldn’t take his eyes off Liv’s face. He tried, but somehow, he found himself drowning in the crystalline pool of her blue eyes.
“Aww.” He heard a whisper pass by him. He blinked and looked behind him, only to see Fynn dance awa…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
First of all, I love your writing!!
Second, my actual answer to your question. XD Ok. So I think I prefer the first one better. Though I do have an opinion on prologues… I heard an author (who had been writing since forever) say that he doesn’t like prologues because typically writers use them as a way to draw readers in bef…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Lol! What do you think I am?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“I don’t live with my birth family, I lived with a clan of crazy people until I was fourteen, and escaped with my adopted brother, who is one of said crazy people. Now I fend for myself, in the cold, dark world of darkness.” Hugo laughed. “I have to look scary. That’s actually my job.” Nar blew a strand of hair from over her…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
That is very helpful, thank you.
My latest idea for Returns has a similar theme as Nahim’s stories, where Alpha must forgive and reconcile with his father, or Grathmere will die. Kinda like if Luke was the one with hatred and trying to kill Vader, but Vader is still the bad guy. And then Luke forgives him and a happy ending w…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Of course! Sorry, I think my last post lagged. I really like your idea of doing the flashback and then going to Lilitu’s pov, though!
- Load More

I do that all the time XD
I had the most amazing idea for a new WIP and started planning, but after a while I switched to my old one and it was so familiar and comforting❤️ Yes, I just loooove being a writer!
Sometimes I try starting another WIP, but mine is just so comforting and just makes me so…idk, happy I guess?? Being a writer is amazing <3
I don’t know what I’m gonna do when someday I have the trilogy (ok, more like trilogy plus two books, so like a series) finished. I guess I’ll just have to write more books about my favorite charries. 👀😂