-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Nahim
He probably should have stopped to at least take a deep breath to clear his head. Why he had given a terror bomb to someone who knew nothing about them. He looked over at Nora, she was farther away from Fennin than Nahim. Good, if it goes off by accident, it’ll hit me first. I need to keep it that way.Â
Nahim unholstered his gungedal, t…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Kari is currently with Carrie and Silas and I don’t know what else to do until something else happens.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
RP
-
Ruth replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
First Drafts? Novel drafts, about one and a half. Short story drafts, one.
Revision drafts? One. And one in progress.
Finished? None
Reworking? One short story.
Ideas? Hundreds.
Novels I plan to publish before I’m thirty? Six.
Genres? Fantasy/sci-fi. I used to write historical fic when I was around eleven. Had a series planned.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
To rp or not rp, that is the question, that is the key. Even rhymes still 🙂
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Should I rp?
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Sorry Janessa for hijacking your topic 🤣
It’s all good! I don’t mind if there’s conversation on here because I don’t really have anything else to post at the moment anyway lol. Plus I contributed XD
-
Esther replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
If we’re counting completed drafts, even if they’re of the same story then I have… four. Including incomplete drafts (and drafts of stories I wrote when I was nine) then that’s… ten? I think? Maybe 12, but I deleted those docs and can’t remember if they were completed or not.
Now, counting completed drafts and short stori…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Woah, that post is massive. Sorry Janessa for hijacking your topic 🤣
-
Esther replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper @trailblazer
Oh… oops. XD I didn’t know this would start a whole discussion. But that’s okay! It’s really interesting to hear y’all’s opinions.
I wasn’t necessarily trying to say that publishers aren’t looking for a good book. I’m just saying that publishers can be really harsh with what they accept and what t…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Unless it was a historical fiction or something, which doesn’t allow that sort of thing.
Fawkes and Romanov by Nadine Brandes are both historical fiction with fantasy mixed in. They’re both really good.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I have only ever finished a flash fiction piece, a short story, and a cringy picture book when I was like seven. But I have a ton of started and abandoned ideas, ranging from like a page long to 20k words. I’m not sure if I’ll ever finish any of them, but I might go back to some eventually.
Now I lean towards softer science…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Completed stories or all the stories I’ve started? Because those are two different lists lol.
Most of my stories (I call them that because most of them aren’t finished yet and book sounds like a term for something that’s finished) are either contemporary fiction or historical fiction. I have a couple mysteries thrown in…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Don’t beat yourself up over it! I struggle to convey things a lot, too, and I also am not very familiar with publishing since I haven’t looked into that, so my lack of understanding in that area probably contributed to the confusion.
Right now I’m just barely holding all my emotions together with my WIP…I am really really unh…
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper @savannah_grace2009
I think you’ve got a good point there, too. While self-publishing is easier, and I would probably take that route if I was only intending for a smaller audience to read my book (say, family and friends who are taking more of an interest in it), I also want to know that my writing is good quality, and I don’t want…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
What if Henry has a friend who’s a Redcoat? You could bring out the strife and yet friendship on the two sides of war.
Ooh that’s an interesting idea! I’ll have to think about that.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
One book that I found interesting is The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein. It’s sci-fi, but it is about a revolution on Luna against Terra, and the parallels are brilliant! I actually have a clearer picture of what it must have been like in some ways in the revolutionary war. Beware, Heinlein is not a Christian. T…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 2 years, 8 months ago
@esther-c @savannah_grace2009 Hey! I’m really interested in Abbie Emmons after seeing you guys mention her. I’m going to check out her channel, and maybe her book 100 days of sunlight. Have either of you read it?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
I don’t know too much about that time frame, and I haven’t read any books in it that I can think of right now. Also, I have pretty much zero experience writing from male POVs, so I wouldn’t be much help there either, lol. But it does sound like a cool idea, and I would love to read it once you start it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
@trillianwingfeather
Hi, nice to meet you! I’m hybridlore or Hybrid, a Christian homeschooler, high school sophomore, and science fiction writer. I also love the Wingfeather Saga, and I’m rereading it right now! 😁 My favorite character is probably Podo, but I like them all xD.
What do you like about your genre/style of writing and what books…[Read more]
- Load More

Oh awesome!! She can have some really helpful stuff, but take it all with a grain of salt, because I feel like not everything she says works for every writer. (Like outlining your entire novel before writing it). But yeah, super helpful stuff. 😊
I’ve been wanting to, but haven’t gotten the chance yet. She has a sequel to that and I believe it’…[Read more]