-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello From Canada Lily! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I write primarily historical or contemporary fiction, but I’ve also done some mystery and a bit of journalism as well. I enjoy reading (that goes without saying), photography, and hiking, as well.
You live in Canada… have you been to the Canadian Rockies? (Maybe you live close) My…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
(and I may or may not have almost made Janessa cry…heh…heh..)
Lol is that gonna become one of your writing goals now?
Anyway I don’t fully remember the first chapter you posted… do you know which page that’s posted on so I can go re-read it?
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 2 years, 8 months ago
Yes!! XD He’s an awesome teacher. He’s totally a science nerd, but he’s like super smart. He’s said some things during class that have temporarily broken my brain. And then my brother just laughs at me when I tell him about it. 😂
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Thank you so much for all this advice!! I’ll definitely be applying it.
Which story is this by the way? Is this a new one?
Not a new one. It’s actually my dystopian trilogy that I’ve been working on for over a year now. It keeps changing as I mature as a writer and lately I’ve been really focusing on revamping the first book be…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 2 years, 8 months ago
*everyone ignore that i just referred to my espresso as a “he”…XD”
It’s okay, my science teacher refers to atoms as “he”s. 😂
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Oh, shyiads have two types of venom, and one type of poison. The first venom temporarily paralyzes, the second kills almost instantly. The poison can be coated on his scales, and absorbed into the skin. It makes it’s victim sick, and eventually will cause death if not treated. Chase is not using his poison or spines (nor his third fang) rn, only…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, does Chase always have black scales/fur/whatever when he transforms? Or is it more of a whim?
He can change colors, but black or grey, with sometimes a sheen of green are like his default colors. He does master color changes and shifting later I his life, but rn it takes a lot out of him.
@whaley @loopylin @savannah_grace2008 @jo…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @jonas @savannah_grace2009
Behold the shyiad!
Chase Duke
“No,” Chase whispered. He knew what it was like on his own world to be deceived with Black Sorcery, but that was weak Chase, not godling Marcel. “Marcel, no! Resist!” Frantic, with eyes yellow, Chase stepped forward, taking off his hoodie and whispering for Sef to…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Lukas
“Man… th-that must be, be tough. B-but I’m glad we’re able to be here for you.” He offered a smile. “Because if it was just you and Xandro, then Xandro might get you in trouble. You saw what he did to me.”
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi, Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Cool!! I’ll have to check it out!
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
It’s just a short story, and it is meant to be simple. Often the simplistic things are the hardest. What I love to write are the things that draw out a certain trait, make the reader to stop and think, or are often not done.
Even though Blake is only planned to be for this story, the struggle of “am I a hero or a villain” is Alpha’s.
-
Esther and
Miriam K. are now friends 2 years, 8 months ago -
Esther replied to the topic Hi, Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
My dream vacation would probably be to visit Africa, it’s just so beautiful!
That would be so cool!!
Of course, the first character to pop into my mind is Jack. He’s a man made out of yarn (long story lol), and he’s super clumsy and hilarious, but it’s partly a ruse to hide his guilt and loneliness. He also knows a lot mor…
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, that sounds really neat, I’d definitely read something like this! I can’t think of any feedback to give rn. But yeah, I love the idea! Tag me if you end up posting it!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Honestly…I’m not exactly sure why that’s a problem XD I mean…technically…any story can be taken out of it’s original setting and put somewhere else, with only a few little tweaks. I could easily move my story to Earth, get rid of Andromeda, and just change the races to different groups of people.
And since technically…
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Lukas
“Oh… Oh, I-I’m so sorry.” His eyes clouded with sympathy. He wasn’t the one who needed someone’s pity; at least Asher was still alive. He couldn’t imagine actually losing a sibling. He was still holding onto a hope that Asher would change his mind someday and come back. But Liv’s sister… she would never come back. I…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I haven’t edited it at all.
-
hybridlore changed their profile picture 2 years, 8 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
@esther-c @freedomwriter76 @smiley @highscribeofaetherium @jonas @whoever
I just typed this out to get the jist of a short story idea. I’d like any thoughts or feedback, whether negative or positive. it’s called One Bullet
One Bullet
Once there was a great and mighty city, with people who believed in heroes, in the ones who made it their duty,… -
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Oh wow, Chase’s powers are cool :0
Thank you *bows* one of the many things that drove me crazy trying to figure out XD
@loopy
Usually my problems become my charries’ problems, not the other way around lol
Yeah, that happens too. Idk, I cry with Alpha when he looses Emmie, reject Gloria with Glace when he was banished, I’m sho…[Read more]
- Load More
