Hi, Peoples!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi, Peoples!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Miriam K.
    @thelittlejupitertion
      • Total Posts: 8

@esther-c I’m glad you asked! It’s about a lady who writes a book to get some extra money, but she writes it all about her neighbors because she claims she has no imagination. The plot unfolds as her neighbors recognize themselves in her book and begin searching for who wrote it. The different side plots are intertwined extremely well, and it’s super interesting to see all their different reactions.

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3201

@thelittlejupitertion

Cool!! I’ll have to check it out!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1250

@thelittlejupitertion

I think I lean more toward hard world building. While I have written some projects for fun where literally anything can happen, I love thought-out structure and processes in books (especially when it takes something from reality and kinda twists it).

Cool! Yeah, I’m definitely a hard worldbuilder. I definitely appreciate soft worldbuilding, but I just can’t go there. I like your comment on the twisting of some preexisting concept. I think it’s a fundamental principle when it comes to worldbuilding to find a mechanic. One fun example that comes to mind is Tress and the Emerald Sea. The real world idea is fluidization, a really cool thing where you can make sand behave like a liquid, but then it’s scaled to an entire ocean.

Honestly, there are so many fantasy concepts, it’s hard to choose between them all. I’ve always liked Tolkien’s dwarves’ craftsmanship. The way they tunnel through entire mountains and build doors with hidden hinges and all the other stuff they did that escapes my mind lol. Really, the thought Tolkien put into all his races and the way they interact is super cool.

Yeah! I love Tolkien’s dwarves! It’s hard to go wrong with Tolkien when it comes to worldbuilding, as he may as well be it’s father.

For my own fantasy concepts, in a story I wrote a few years ago, one of the characters lives in a tree. He hallowed out the inside completely and built tubes to allow the nutrients to travel between the roots and the leaves. It’s only dwelt upon briefly, but I’ve always loved the idea.

Interesting! So it’s essentially making home in a tree, but not at the cost of the tree, helping it continue to grow. That’s such a fun and wholesome idea!

I’m working on so many projects right now lolol Currently my main one is The Other Side of the Rainbow; a satyr boy is sent to a boarding school where he learns life lessons with his friends while also having to deal with all the crazy shenanigans that happens at the school. The other one I’m excited for is actually an anthology called A Ladder to the Moon; it’s a bunch of different short stories centered around different peoples’ views of a man who’s building a ladder to the moon.

So it sounds like your more intrigued by the small but precious moments in a story. That’s something I do think we need more of to contrast the grand scale histories and epics.

The computer could definitely tell me I was going to slip on a banana, and I would still slip on the banana. I would forget it ever told me in the next five minutes. I would slip on the banana and have a humiliating revelation of how dumb I am while lying on the floor in pain.

… I could go into a more theological answer of this, but my sick brain is not up to it right now lolol

Fair enough, that works lol!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Trailblazer
          @trailblazer
            • Total Posts: 584

@thelittlejupitertion

Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I write a lot of historical/contemporary fiction, as well as some mystery, and I’ve done journalism as well. I also enjoy hiking and photography.

A few fun questions for you-

What is your favorite snack?
            Do you have a favorite quote?

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Sara
            @savannah_grace2009
              • Total Posts: 1977

@thelittlejupitertion

I’ve never been to a public school, but from the stories I’ve heard, I have to agree with you, homeschooling is superior in many ways XD

Yeah…it definitely has it’s ups and downs!

What a coincidence! Algebra was my favorite kind of math as well!

Yay!!! I never knew finding x’s and y’s could be so fun haha!

Yes, I talk to myself a lot, it’s super fun and helps me get stuff done.

EXACTLY!!!

I don’t describe my life in 3rd person

Awww….just kidding I usually only do that when I’m lonely/bored/or have been writing in third person for FOREVER.

coffee makes my stomach hurt

That’s too bad 🙁

been a cat person ever since we got one lol

Our cats can be really annoying XD

our chickens are the most hilarious and adorable things that we own, so chickens.

I definitely agree with you on that one!!

And… I’d probably read the textbook XD

Yeah…that’s what everyone says XD XD

Also…you’ve probably answered this question a billion times…but what’s your WIP about (assuming you have one) and would you like to read my WIP? (I’m kind of obsessed with asking people to read it for some reason…) It’s okay if you don’t want to…lol

Lukas&Livia
              #Lalbert
              Sef&Chase
              #HOTTOLINE
              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Total Posts: 2581

Oh my goodness, I love your vibes! ❤️ I’m Whaley, a writer of superheroes and magic. And yeah, that’s pretty much me. I love the story bits you’ve shared thus far.

If you could combine two animals and become that new animal, what would it be? What is your best school subject? How soon would you die in a zombie invasion?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Miriam K.
                @thelittlejupitertion

@trailblazer Hey, Janessa! Sorry for getting back to you so late

My favorite snack is Reese’s! In any form, but especially the tiny ones

My favorite quote: “Write the stories that want to be written,” – Madeleine L’Engle, it describes my entire writing process lol

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Miriam K..
                  • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Miriam K..
                  Miriam K.
                  @thelittlejupitertion

@savannah_grace2009 I have a lot of WIPs lolol

Currently I’m focusing on The Other Side of the Rainbow; a satyr boy is sent to a boarding school where he learns life lessons with his friends while also having to deal with all the crazy shenanigans that happens at the school.

The other one I’m excited for is actually an anthology called A Ladder to the Moon; it’s a bunch of different short stories centered around different peoples’ views of a man who’s building a ladder to the moon.

Relatable about wanting people to read your wip lolol I’d love to check it out, but no promises I’ll get very far (I’m really bad at saying I’ll get around to reading peoples’ stuff and then never getting around to it). What’s it about?

Miriam K.
                    @thelittlejupitertion

@whalekeeper I’d probably combine an owl and and a dragon. I think my best subject is English (or at least it’s my favorite lol).

Depends on whether the zombies are your typical dumbies from the tv shows or if they’re actually a threat. If they’re dumb, I’d probably make it a while by just staying out of their way. I don’t do well in horror or combat video games at all, though, and if that shows anything about how I would act in similar situations, I would die very quickly at the hands of actually intelligent zombies lol

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009

@thelittlejupitertion

Welllllll…it’s a fantasy/allegory/sci-fi about the lies we believe about ourselves and overcoming fears.

No problem if you don’t get to it XD but if you want to…here’s the link:

https://editor.reedsy.com/s/p8SdhuQ

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
                        @savannah_grace2009

Oh and your WIP sounds super cool!

Lukas&Livia
                          #Lalbert
                          Sef&Chase
                          #HOTTOLINE
                          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
                          @trailblazer
                            • Total Posts: 584

@thelittlejupitertion

Reese’s are good! I wouldn’t say they’re my favorite candy, but I do like them.

That quote is pretty cool too.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Lydibug
                            @lydibug
                              • Total Posts: 100

@thelittlejupitertion Axolotles are awesome!! I’m very sad there is no axolotl emoji (and hedgehogs for that matter)

Happy unbirthday every one!
                              "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME..."

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >