Hello From Canada Lily!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello From Canada Lily!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    CanadaLily
    @canadalily
      • Total Posts: 15

@savannah_grace2009

Hey Sara! I also love chocolate. Usually I eat 85% dark chocolate, and I know some people hear that, and are like, eww….. How do you react?

Ohh… I definitely talk to myself, but more than that, I talk to objects. For example, when our internet is being slow, I’ll say something to the computer like, “Come on, Safari. You can do it. It isn’t that hard!”

I do not know if I have ever narrated my day in first person, but it would surprise me if I haven’t done that at least once.

Coffee? Nope. I do not drink coffee. The one time I tried it, it was black, and I spit the one sip in the sink!

My family has chickens, so I’ll go with them. I like horses too.

I do not want teeth pulled, so textbook.

CanadaLily
      @canadalily

@jonas
        Hey Jonas!

Often, I am just going through my day, or reading another book, when something small sparks an idea, and my brain just starts expanding it.

Is epistolary a genre? I think it is actually a style. Ever heard of it? It is basically when you write a story made up of a series of letters. I have dabbled in it, but only for super short pieces.

I think that my main characters reflect me as a person quite often. And yeah, I think we would get along.

I play piano too. I think I am an RCM Grade 5 or 6, if that means anything to you.

Allison
        @acancello
          • Total Posts: 838

@canadalily

Skating, like ice skating or roller skating?

Those are great books!

I can bake too, but usually I just make a big mess XD though I can make a few things…

Ah, I misspelled it, sorry! 🙂 This one should work

https://acancello.blogspot.com/

And lastly, I checked out your blog! I love how organized it is and I will keep checking it 🙂

Sara
          @savannah_grace2009
            • Total Posts: 1977

@canadalily

Hey Sara! I also love chocolate. Usually I eat 85% dark chocolate, and I know some people hear that, and are like, eww….. How do you react?

I like dark chocolate too! Any chocolate, really, lol

Ohh… I definitely talk to myself, but more than that, I talk to objects. For example, when our internet is being slow, I’ll say something to the computer like, “Come on, Safari. You can do it. It isn’t that hard!”

Same….I’ll set an unstable object somewhere and point at in and be like, “STAY. stay….good boy.” that makes me sound really crazy lol

I do not know if I have ever narrated my day in first person, but it would surprise me if I haven’t done that at least once.

I literally do that all the time XD I was hoping I wasn’t the only one lol

Coffee? Nope. I do not drink coffee. The one time I tried it, it was black, and I spit the one sip in the sink!

You need to try a latte. Black coffee is DISGUSTING. Lattes are like heaven!

My family has chickens, so I’ll go with them. I like horses too.

Chickens are amazing <333

I do not want teeth pulled, so textbook.

Haha! Honestly I’d rather get a tooth pulled because it’s only pain for one day…where the textbook is EVERY SINGLE DAY for a YEAR!! (and yes, the textbook IS that bad!!)

Lukas&Livia
            #Lalbert
            Sef&Chase
            #HOTTOLINE
            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom
              • Total Posts: 1250

@canadalily

Welcome to KP!

I’m the Arcane Axiom, I love math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and am currently working on a universe with my sister called the Septrum.

Questions:

I’m not very familiar with Patricia MacLachlan, so she’s a children’s author?

What genre is does she write, and do you aspire to the same genre?

And last but not least:

True or false: your answer to this question will be “false”.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3201

@canadalily

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Lily!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!! I’ve written fantasy before, but my current WIP is light dystopian. I also have many story ideas in a myriad of genres that I’m looking forward to writing someday.

Enough about me, more about you!

I’ve checked out your blog and it looks awesome! I’ll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for new posts.

Now for some questions!!

1. What is your dream vacation?

2. What is your favorite childhood TV show or movie?

3. Who’s your favorite character that you’ve ever created? Why? What are they like?

4. If you could spend a day in any book, TV show, or movie, which would it be and why?

Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!! 👋

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

CanadaLily
                @canadalily

@esther-c

So glad you liked my blog. Thanks for checking it out. I am working really hard on it!

What is my dream vacay? I would like to visit Newfoundland sometime. It might be a kind of strange destination, but I am not really into the touristy stuff. Newfoundland sounds cool (literally. The snow there is crazy!)

Favourite childhood TV show or movie? I have fond memories of Dora the Explorer, funny enough. 🙂

These character questions are killing me. I don’t really know. I once wrote a story about a princess, after the Rapunzel fairytale. I quite like strong female characters.

Spend a whole day in a book, for sure! I don’t know which book, because it would take an awful thick one to keep me busy all day. Maybe I would choose one from the Mysterious Benedict Society series. They’re really good.

Nice to meet you as well, Esther!

CanadaLily
                  @canadalily

@thearcaneaxiom

Patricia MacLachlan was a children’s author, yes. But I still find her books interesting. Her most well known, “Sarah, Plain and Tall,” would be about the thickness of a thin beginner’s novel, if that gives you any idea. I’m not sure how to classify her genre. You can read a sample of “Sarah, Plain and Tall” on Amazon to give you an idea.

Yes, I do aspire to write similar stories. Simple, yet still complex enough t be interesting, and worth reading more than once.

I didn’t quite get what you meant by this:

‘True or false: your answer to this question will be “false”.’

CanadaLily
                    @canadalily

@savannah_grace2009
                      You might be right about the latte.

I hope you survive your textbook!

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009
                        • Total Posts: 1977

@canadalily

I have an espresso machine and make my own lattes and they are SO GOOD! Especially a good gingerbread latte…AHHH!

I hope you survive your textbook

Um…I’ll try XD

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

CanadaLily
                        @canadalily

@acancello

Ok. That blog link worked. You like to cook, huh? Me too!

I saw that you like the Anne of Green Gables series. Have you checked out The Blue Castle, also by Montgomery? It is my favourite standalone novel that she wrote.

Ice skating. I would like to try roller skating, but have not had the chance yet. I am not a fancy figure skater or anything, I just like skating with my family and friends.

Thanks for checking out my blog! Hope you find something useful on there.

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom
                            • Total Posts: 1250

@canadalily

Patricia MacLachlan was a children’s author, yes. But I still find her books interesting. Her most well known, “Sarah, Plain and Tall,” would be about the thickness of a thin beginner’s novel, if that gives you any idea. I’m not sure how to classify her genre. You can read a sample of “Sarah, Plain and Tall” on Amazon to give you an idea.

Cool! So it’s kind of a historical children’s fiction.

Yes, I do aspire to write similar stories. Simple, yet still complex enough t be interesting, and worth reading more than once.

Yeah, that sounds like the kind of wholesome story that would be fun to read with family.

I didn’t quite get what you meant by this:

‘True or false: your answer to this question will be “false”.’

It is a true or false question. Is it true that your answer to this true or false question will be ‘false’?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Trailblazer
                            @trailblazer
                              • Total Posts: 584

@canadalily

Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I write primarily historical or contemporary fiction, but I’ve also done some mystery and a bit of journalism as well. I enjoy reading (that goes without saying), photography, and hiking, as well.

You live in Canada… have you been to the Canadian Rockies? (Maybe you live close) My parents have been wanting to go to Banff National Park for years.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3201

@canadalily

So glad you liked my blog. Thanks for checking it out. I am working really hard on it!

Yeah, it looks great!

What is my dream vacay? I would like to visit Newfoundland sometime. It might be a kind of strange destination, but I am not really into the touristy stuff. Newfoundland sounds cool (literally. The snow there is crazy!)

No that sounds awesome!! Yes, the snow would be so fun!

Favourite childhood TV show or movie? I have fond memories of Dora the Explorer, funny enough. 🙂

Awesome! I never really watched it when I was younger… idk why XD

These character questions are killing me. I don’t really know. I once wrote a story about a princess, after the Rapunzel fairytale. I quite like strong female characters.

Ooh, sounds cool!! Yeah, strong female characters done right can be really awesome.

Spend a whole day in a book, for sure! I don’t know which book, because it would take an awful thick one to keep me busy all day. Maybe I would choose one from the Mysterious Benedict Society series. They’re really good.

Yes, that would be fun!! I’ve only read the first one, but I forgot there were more 😶 So I’ll have to read those soon 😂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

CanadaLily
                                @canadalily

@trailblazer

I have not visited the Canadian Rockies. Maybe someday. We don’t live that close to them. I think some of my extended family does, though. And they love it.

Hope your parents get to Banff National Park soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >