Hello From Canada Lily!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello From Canada Lily!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    CanadaLily
    @canadalily
      • Total Posts: 15

Hey KP Members! I just joined, and want to introduce myself. My name is Lily. I am from Canada, a homeschooler (yes, I love it!), and a wannabe writer. I am practicing my writing on my blog at CanadaLily.com. Also joining the Young Writer’s Workshop soon. Any of you over there? I am super excited for that!

So far, I have only written short stories.

My dream is to write stories akin to the writings of Patricia MacLachlan (author of “Sarah, Plain and Tall”), and Natalie Kinsey-Warnock (“The Canada Geese Quilt”). To me, these stories are simple, yet complex. As my sister said when I told her that I aspire to write stories like these, here response was, “Oh, you want to write stories that pull on people’s heartstrings.” Yes! That is EXACTLY it!

hybridlore
      @hybridlore
        • Total Posts: 1354

@canadalily

Hi, nice to meet you! I’m Hybridlore, a violinist, science fiction writer, and also a homeschooler, but I don’t live in Canada, lol.

That’s awesome! I think @kyronthearcanin either is or used to be on YWW, and hmm… I know there’s some other people on there but I can’t remember who right now.

Some newbie questions…

What’s your current WIP about?

What is the best book/s you have ever read?

Welcome to KP!!

There is always light behind the clouds.
        - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Allison
        @acancello
          • Total Posts: 838

Hi Lily! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! Yay! Another homeschooler! I am also homeschooled and in 10th grade. I love dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, gaming, talking and a lot more 😁! I am writing a dystopian/ post-apocalyptic thriller novel now. I’m not on YWW, but a few other people are on here!

Ill check out your blog, I also blog to and you can find it at acanello.blogspot.com if your interested 🙂

I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! Alright, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 😉

You can take three books to a deserted island, which three?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

What is your favorite character you have written?

Hope you love KP!!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Allison.
          Allison
          @acancello
            • Total Posts: 838

Whoops forgot your tag @canadalily 😀

-GRCR-
            @grcr
              • Total Posts: 938

Hey there, Lily! Greetings from Burne!

I’m -GRCR-! I’m a fiction fantasy-ish writer, an avid artist, a journalist for my fictional newspaper, and a character lover/creator that has over three hundred (oh, and I love them so much that I wish they were real people, lol). I enjoy listening to music and imagining my characters singing the songs.

Welcome to KP! 😁

Oooo… you’re a homeschooler! That’s great!! I am too, lol! #HomeschooledAndHappy

As my sister said when I told her that I aspire to write stories like these, here response was, “Oh, you want to write stories that pull on people’s heartstrings.” Yes! That is EXACTLY it!

Ah, I love that!

Ok, lastly, here are some questions for you!!

If you have any characters, how many do you have?

If you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?

And, what song will forever remind you of last year?

Well… that’s it from me. Hope you enjoy KP, and I’ll see you around! 🙃

“What be a cretin?”
              “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

-GRCR-
              @grcr

Oops, I forgot the tag as well… @canadalily

“What be a cretin?”

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                @kyronthearcanin
                  • Total Posts: 697

@canadalily

Hey! Welcome to KP!

Yep, I’m on YWW (thanks the for the tag, @hybridlore !), have been since May! It’s a really nice community. If you have any questions, let me know!

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Sara
                  @savannah_grace2009
                    • Total Posts: 1977

@canadalily

NOOOO NOT ANOTHER HOMESCHOOLER!!!! lol I’m like the only one on here that goes to public school…though I used to be homeschooled and homeschooling is just so much better in my opinion…so lucky duck!

Heyy! I’m Sara, though most people around here call me…well, they call me Sara. XD

Anyways, I’m a chocolate consuming, emotionally unstable, sleep deprived, algebra loving, public school attending freshman (in highschool)!

Here are some random questions:

Do you ever talk to yourself?

Have you ever subconsciously narrated parts of your day in third person? Example: She walks down the hall and to her locker. 

Do you like coffee?

Are you a dog or a cat person?

Horses or chickens?

Would you rather get two teeth pulled or read out of a SUPER boring textbook about Power and Energy with subjects you will never understand?

Lukas&Livia
                    #Lalbert
                    Sef&Chase
                    #HOTTOLINE
                    LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Cloaked Mystery
                    @jonas
                      • Total Posts: 2624

@canadalily

Welcome to KP! I’m Jonas, more enigmatically known as Cloaked Mystery. I write mostly in the fantasy genre, but usually with hard rules that verge on sci-fi. I like creating magic systems, usually hard ones, but I have a few soft-ish ones. My current project, which I am working on with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium, is a large fantasy universe that contains many different planets.

Some of my favorite authors are Tolkien and Brandon Sanderson. Sanderson’s Cosmere in particular is a huge inspiration behind my projects, particularly the magic systems.

Outside of writing, I play and compose music (I play piano.) I’m nearly a black belt in karate. I play video games, and am also an amateur video game designer. I also enjoy participating in the many character RPs on here.

And now for the traditional newbie questions. (A tradition I don’t tend to be good at, but I’ll try my best.)

Anyway here we go:

What are some of your biggest inspirations behind your writing? (Whether they be books, movies, music, real life, or something else.)

If you had to write in a genre that you don’t normally write in, what would you pick?

Do your characters tend to have similar personalities to you, or different? How does your personality affect what sorts of characters you create? (Bonus: would you get along with most of your characters?)

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                      ✨ Magic System Creator
                      🎭 Character RPer
                      📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
                      @highscribeofaetherium
                        • Total Posts: 2205

@canadalily

Greetings! I’m Bridget, who can’t think of anything to say right now XD. I guess just ‘Hello.’ and ‘Nice to meet you.’

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

CanadaLily
                        @canadalily

@hybridlore

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by CanadaLily. Reason: forgot tag
                          CanadaLily
                          @canadalily

@acancello
                            Hey Allison! I am also in 10th grade.

I tried to check out your blog, but the URL you gave me wouldn’t work for some reason.

Three books. Here you go:

My Bible.
                            A giant home/farmsteading book.
                            Book of maps so that I could get back to civilization and buy more books. XD

Do I like any sports? Well, I love to skate, and my family used to go downhill skiing almost every week in the winter. I loved that!

I also absolutely love baking. Which is obviously not a sport:) I bake gluten and dairy free, the only way I know how to bake. And I am getting pretty good, if I do say so myself. *Wink*

How often do I like to write? I have not been the most consistent writer in the past, but starting my blog is kind of forcing me to write at least one post a week, and I would like to add more writing in besides that as well. So yeah. There you are.

Anyone on here like writing contests? That is what I have mainly been focusing on since I started writing more seriously, because those give you a deadline that you can’t keep shoving ahead.

I hope I tagged this right. Pretty sure I accidentally deleted the reply I tried to send to @hybridlore. Oops! You can tell that I am new to all this!

CanadaLily
                            @canadalily

@grcr

I have no ideas how many characters I have created. Most of my works are short stories, so I pretty much create new characters each time.

If I was going to create a brand-new book, I think I’d start with the main character and go from there.

If I had to pick a song that will forever remind me of last year, it would probably be “Old Man’s Boots,” by the Zac Brown Band, I think is the song. It reminds me of my great grampy, who passed away late 2023.

Is that answer a little deeper than expected?

CanadaLily
                              @canadalily

Super excited to join YWW!

-GRCR-
                                @grcr

@canadalily

I have no ideas how many characters I have created. Most of my works are short stories, so I pretty much create new characters each time.

Ahh, cool! 😊

If I was going to create a brand-new book, I think I’d start with the main character and go from there.

lol same!!

If I had to pick a song that will forever remind me of last year, it would probably be “Old Man’s Boots,” by the Zac Brown Band, I think is the song. It reminds me of my great grampy, who passed away late 2023.

Ohh…

Is that answer a little deeper than expected?

Yeah, that was much deeper than I expected…

“What be a cretin?”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >