-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I may answer all your questions later, but for now, I am drawn into the story.
BUT
I see potential for this story to be better if you had at least one chapter before this that introduced us to daily life with the Orb. It would drawn me in more, and make us care about Ev and Ami more than just plopping them and the plot in our laps off…[Read more] -
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
team libbie and albert here! oh its so good! Your writing style is so consistent and its got the perfect 1800s vibe.
Thanks! I went through a huge Laura Ingalls Wilder phase as a child, so it’s only natural that I write a story along the same…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“Yeah, I get that. I mean, you don’t get punished for messing it up, you’re just corrected. If you’re born Realn it’s as natural as walking, and putting your left hand over your heart just feels like a crime. If you’re not…it seems like a bunch of silly rules. Why not use the left hand, your right might be busy?” Nora sto…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, from Nahim’s right elbow down is robotic. I might make it the entire arm.
-
Esther replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I’ve been meaning to read this for a while and I finally got to it!! I only got to read the first chapter, but my brain is too dead to give any valuable feedback right now. Love it so far!!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I apologize in advance in the formatting is weird. I’m not sure how this is gonna look once it actually posts. XD
Chapter 1
“This was a stupid idea.” Everton Barlowe stared at the geometric building towering above him.
“I told you,” his best friend Amidala said with a smirk.
“Well, I thought it would work.”
“Ev, when would any of your ide…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Awww, Erichhh! 😭
But he sounds like such a cool POV to write from. 👀
I always love reading your writing. 😊 I feel like writing in present tense in becoming more popular now, at least in ya fiction, and I really enjoy it. I tried it once for a short story and failed miserably. 😂 But I might try it in a…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello, good people! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, so I thought I made an introduction post but now I can’t remember. 😭 And if I did and you replied but I missed it somehow, forgive me. 😂 So I’m just gonna introduce myself now. 😝
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, teen girl!!
It’s so nice to have you here!
I am the old…
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok good 😁
-
Esther replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Y’all I actually would have totally forgotten about this if I hadn’t seen your posts. 😂
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Lukas
Lukas ignored Fynn’s joking. What did he know? But Lukas couldn’t keep from silently laughing at himself. He was suddenly being so defensive. And he knew why… Because, well… he really did like Livia, a lot. Like… a lot.
He blushed at his own thoughts. Maybe this was just a temporary feeling. Maybe Liv didn’t fe…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I love it. If that’s what God wants you to do, then go for it! I’m sure people will still love your book nonetheless. No book and perfect, and if I’m being completely honest here… sometimes hooks are overrated…. 👀😂
-
Ruth and
Loopy are now friends 2 years, 9 months ago -
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey this really helped me, so I’m gonna share it with ya’ll…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
Nar laughed.
“Yeh, the Realn can be very…very nable? Nohble?”
“Noble?”
“Yes. Everything is honor, and glory and tradition. Even which hand you put over your heart as a sign of friendship can’t be mixed up. It can be strict, but you get used to it.”
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@trailblazer Aww!!! 🥰 Yeah, I’m team Albert and Libbie.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore @vinagirl
Okkkk this is one of my favorite scenes I’ve written thus far!
May 1887
I knew Albert would be coming home soon, at least, that had been his plan when he left a year ago. Not that I’d heard anything from him since he had gone. I didn’t know exactly when he was coming back, until one Sunday I saw him sit…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@loopylin Oh no! 😱 another victim of Wyoh!
Wyoh stop this!!!!
Nar
Taking Hugo’s hands almost stoppedcher heart, but it kept pumping, racing in loud thumps in her ears.
“The general rule of this dance in that in all your twirls and vines, you must make the general shape of a leaf traced upon the ground with your feet. Other…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 9 months ago
Also, idk if you already know this tip, but when outlining with a pen, often leaving your sketch lines and not erasing them makes the drawing seem less flat.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 9 months ago
Do you have access to a scannercor printer? When I have a beautiful drawing I want to ink, I will sometimes scan it, then print it off. If you have a computer, you can just save it by drive or send it by email or right click on the image here and push “save image as…” Then right click the image in folders on the computer and push…[Read more]
- Load More
