@koshka
Active 4 days, 1 hour ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2588
-
Karissa Chmil replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hah, those novels can be so stubborn in that regard sometimes. XP Best of luck with this one!
Series, no; novels, yes. I’m planning on writing a duology this year, which will be my first time writing anything that really builds on itself. I’m quite excited for it. 😁
XD Yeah, that’s always a pitfall that can be too easy to…[Read more]
-
Karissa Chmil replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Yep! It’s very exciting! And that sounds awesome – have you written any series before?
Aw, thank you. The different reasons. . . hm. Evren has so much of me in her – the dreams, the love of stories, the things she’s drawn to. . . it’s been really interesting to explore that part of my personality through her. And L (who refuses…[Read more]
-
TheLobsterLover replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! Thanks for stopping by, and for all these juicy questions!
I haven’t yet but I’m planning to draw Laurie and/or Jo from Little Women soon, which I’ll probably post here. (If it’s not too much trouble, I’d really love to see your drawing of Hanna; Jane Eyre’s definitely high up on my reading list)
Ooh that’s a hard one. I’ve seen a…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@koshka It was better than I expected, although it did have a dreary tone. And I actually don’t know how old Rand’s books are, but I know they’re not new.
@joy-caroline Thanks! It was actually pretty easy for me.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
*Deep curtsey*
It was rather enjoyable. May your characters be obedient to your whims and lively on paper.
I don’t know if it is common, or perhaps something doofy that happens to us. *Shrug*
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Why have I not done this questions yet?! Thanks so much for the idea!
I’ve seen some other articles with a similar topic as the one you linked, but this one is by far the best. The questions are really interesting and unique, I’m totally going to use this. Thanks!
Ooo, good idea! I’m surprised I…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@koshka Yeah, I can totally get that feeling, but for me it’s the opposite: The oldest pieces of literature that I know for sure I’ve read are LOTR, Narnia, Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven,” and one or maybe two of Ayn Rand’s dystopias (but those aren’t that old, right?). I was actually reading Ayn Rand’s book Anthem because I wanted to get ideas…[Read more]
-
Morgan replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the info! Rest assured, I have no intention of making one of the twins evil. I didn’t realize that that was a common question twins are asked.
You sound a lot like my brother, except I didn’t do many strenuous physical things with him because he was so much older. He used to swordfight with my oldest sister all the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@koshka A cyborg is a creature, usually human (or in Alan’s case a dragonman), who is partially made out of mechanical parts. Usually cyborgs come into being after a human/dragonman/whatever was badly injured somehow, often as a result of battle or an accident, and their missing body parts are replaced with mechanical ones. I didn’t make that…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
So…. Just to clarify, you and your twin can’t feel when the other is pain? Cause I’ve heard of that being able to happen. (The twins in one of my WIP are identical, boy-boy, and the twins in the other WIP are fraternal boy-girl. Did I mention I have a thing for writing multiple birth characters?😅)
But, when it comes to twins, can you f…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline @koshka @elfwing @annabelle @elishavet-pidyon @daisy-torres
Do you guys mind if I jump in? Sorry I haven’t been super active on the forum recently, and may not have replied to anything you said. I’ve been taking a huge break from things over the Christmas/New Years holidays.
As well as binging Keeper of the Lost Cities. The who…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline @koshka @elfwing @annabelle @elishavet-pidyon @daisy-torres
Do you guys mind if I jump in? Sorry I haven’t been super active on the forum recently, and may not have replied to anything you said. I’ve been taking a huge break from things over the Christmas/New Years holidays.
As well as binging Keeper of the Lost Cities. The who…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yes, we do! That’s what authors like us are trying to accomplish: getting more good books out there in the world.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Researching randomness way back before the arbalester and the handgunn made armor pointless is a joy, and may it never be squelched by school research papers! XD
Seriously though, I lose half my interest in history when gun powder enters the scene, and it takes a good ole civil war or world wide revival to stoke the same height of…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
No, you’re completely right. When I get to writing that part, I probably should make Maria grieve for her sister more. I appreciate tips like that. 😊
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
No, actually I’m not really familiar with real-life twins. Maria and Grace (those are the twins) don’t meet each other until they’re sixteen, so that makes it slightly easier for me to kill Grace because they haven’t known each other for very long before she dies.
That sounds like a cool plot! If you ever get around to…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@abigail-m aww thanks! The fact that you remember bits of my writing makes me really happy and encouraged!! 😊
@koshka I totally get ya on the not working on it/feeling progress isn’t going anywhere. I didn’t do much writing over the holidays or during November like I thought I would. It felt like forever and I’m just now starting back reall…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon @koshka @annabelle
Glad I’m not alone then!! Speaking of how’s everyone’s WIPs going? And sorry I forgot but what does HOGHOS mean??
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@jodi-maile @kathleenramm @keilah-h @issawriter7 @writerlexi1218 @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @power @annabelle @elfwing @lydia-s @joycaroline @daisytorres @elanor @scripter-of-kingdoms @abigail-m @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @seeker-of-the-truth @e-k-seaver @anyone-I-missed
-
Lavender Bleu replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
They are, sub-genres of fantasy are kind of my babies. XD
A little bit. Her symbiote enhances her abilities to some extent, so she does have better vision in general. The glowing eyes thing isn’t the same as cats, because cats have a special layer in their eyes that cause it. I haven’t determined the exact mechanics of it, but…[Read more]
- Load More
