Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1424

@trahia-the-minstrel

Yes I’m a twin, and no I don’t mind talking about it!

My sister and I are most likely Identical, which means we have the same DNA. (no telepathic abilities.) I don’t doubt that there might be some twins with a type of connection, but nothing weird. My sister and I know each other very well, so sometimes we are able to tell what the other is thinking just by how they act. Being a twin sister, or at least for us, is like having a close friend you’ve always known.

So, what I’ve noticed about some books that use twin characters;

• They are basically copies of each other. In everything. And usually they’re not very deep. It’s… Obnoxious. Sure there are twins that are very similar, but they are still different people, and come on, who likes shallow characters?
      • The evil twin vs. good twin.While this is certainly interesting, it isn’t very realistic. According to the Bible no one is good, and infact, human nature is evil since the fall. If a tactic like this is used, it needs to be clear the characters chose their paths and its not some sort of ‘dispisition’.
      • One twin dies and the other cries for a minute and is fine. Honestly, I don’t know what I would do if I lost my sister. Without major comfort from God, I don’t know if I could live on.

Anyway, if you have any questions or there’s anything you’re not sure about something feel free to ask.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Koshka. Reason: Missing word

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Ava Coulter
      @avacoulter
        • Total Posts: 50

@keilah-h

Ooo! I’d love to read it if you do!

I haven’t seen all of the Star Wars, but they are awesome! And Marvel!!!! *Starts geeking out* Ya, it can be confusing sometimes lol!

@abigail-m

Aww thank you Abigail!! That literally made me smile so big XD

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@avacoulter I’ll be sure to tag you if I post it!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ava Coulter
          @avacoulter
            • Total Posts: 50

@keilah-h

Ooo yes!!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 3875

@avacoulter All right then!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m
                • Total Posts: 1242

@annabelle

For a second there, I thought you’d deleted the whole novel and I though ‘oh no!’ ‘cause it looks like an awesome story. But I’m glad to hear that you’re starting on your rewrite, revision is always the best way of making something good even better.
                It’s hard, no argument there (I’ve been rewriting my novel for years now, so I know that it’s not always a picnic), but still, it can be fun. If you ever wanted to share what your novel is about, I’d love to hear about it:) If not, that’s okay too. I wish best of writerly wishes with your rewrite:)

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m
                  Annabelle
                  @annabelle
                    • Total Posts: 108

@abigail-m

Yeah, rewriting can be fun, but it’s also a little bit more boring than writing something from scratch because you feel like you’re writing the same thing all over again.

So my book series is called Daughters of the Sea. Here is the summary I wrote about my book:

“Maria Brooks is just a plain orphan girl with a mysterious past. When she accepts an unexpected invitation to a high school beach party, she plans to stay in the background and relax on the beach. But her plans go terribly wrong. She uncovers a secret about herself that she didn’t even know: she’s a mermaid. As Maria explores her new ability to change from mermaid to human, she finds herself in the midst of a terrible underwater war that may hold the secret to her past. Mixed with romance and action, drama and fantasy, this book is sure to hold you in suspense until the very end.”

So yeah, that’s basically what it’s about. Actually, if you wanted to read it for yourself, I’d be glad to share it. Maybe just send your email (if you’re okay with that) so I can share the document with you. I also need some help editing, so if you wanted to help with that, I could really use it. But if not, then you can just read it normally and that’s good too. 🙂

In the words of Jinto Queb, "Hurry, reading is fun!"

Trahia the Minstrel
                    @trahia-the-minstrel
                      • Total Posts: 193

@koshka

So…. Just to clarify, you and your twin can’t feel when the other is pain? Cause I’ve heard of that being able to happen. (The twins in one of my WIP are identical, boy-boy, and the twins in the other WIP are fraternal boy-girl. Did I mention I have a thing for writing multiple birth characters?😅)

But, when it comes to twins, can you feel things your twin is feeling even when you aren’t the one feeling them?

Also, do you think you’d be able to disguise yourself as your twin (because you know her personality well enough to imitate it) and pretend you were her?

Sorry if this is a weird question, but do and your twin like doing everything together? Is that a thing? That twins like sharing everything?

Also, I totally get being annoyed when a character loses a sibling and then just moves on. Like, whoever write that obviously has never had siblings and/or experienced any kind of grief.

Grief is real, people! And you still feel even years later!

Totally with you on that one.

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
                      That’s my wish to create.

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1424

@trahia-the-minstrel

Pre warning you, this is going to be long.

No, I can’t. However as we know each other extremely well, one can tell when the other is in pain just by looking at her or hearing her voice. I’ve heard of that happening too, and, while I don’t doubt some of it may be true, I believe most stories like that are over exaggerated. It is interesting to think of though, If God gave a set of twins some sort of extra special connection. It could happen.

Multiples are awesome! Ooo, sounds like you have a good variety. (and I totally get that writing thing!

I can tell how she is feeling but only from her expression/body language, and I can’t feel it myself. We can sometimes also tell how the other is thinking, as in is she day dreaming, figuring something out, Etc. (We do tend to finish each other’s sentences. Out loud)

Could we disguise ourselves as the other? Yes. Have we before? Yes. Is it fun? Untill it gets you in trouble. As we’ve gotten older we look a little different, which is normal, and we’ve always had different personalities, but we can also imitate each other.

That’s ok! =) We do like doing things together, and don’t  like being split up for long. But sharing in Everything? We certainly share a lot more than other siblings, but definitely not everything. For one thing we have different personalities, so some things we don’t agree on. We also have things we don’t share just because their specifically for one of us. Ok, yes, we don’t mind eating after each other,but when a waitress thought we only needed one cup… That was obnoxious. And we have outfits that only one of us wears because it’s understood that’s her’s. And stuff like that.

Exactly! It’s as if some authors have never even heard of the grieving process.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m

@annabelle

Hi, Annabelle! I apologize for replying to you so late, (I can often take awhile with replying on Kingdom Pen, so thank you for your patience). I read the excerpt of your book and thought it was awesome!! I always love a good fantasy/action/romance read:) And of course, here’s my email: abigailmetzger73@gmail.com     where I receive all my emails concerning writing and literature.

I love reading for other writers, everyone has a different style and perspective! So by all means, send it to me and I will gladly read it.
                          If there’s any help you need editing, let me know what kind of critiques or advice that would best assist you and I will do my best to help you out in that area.

Also, I just wanted to note, Maria Brooks is an beautiful name for a protagonist.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >