Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week Put Your Topic of the Week Ideas HERE!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

So we’ve been doing Topics of the Weeks for a while, and strangely enough, I’ve never asked for input from you guys!

So I thought I thought that this week’s topic of the week would be, What discussion(s) do you want to be a future Topic of the Week?

What are some cool discussion prompts or questions that would spark an interesting convo?

They can be serious or fun, as long as they are in the realm of creative writing, storytelling and such. You can scroll through past Topics of the Weeks to get some inspiration, (and to see if the topic has already been discussed before).

If I end up using one of your ideas as a future Topic of the Week discussion, I’ll be sure to credit you in the post and say that it was your idea. 🙂 I look forward to seeing what I ideas you come up with!

Lavender Bleu
      @lavenderbookling
        • Total Posts: 19

I think it could be interesting to talk about how people we know have influenced our writing. I know my friends’ interests have influenced my interests and thus resulted in parts of my stories being a way that they wouldn’t have been otherwise.

Great success often depends on being able to distinguish between the impossible and the improbable.

Daisy Torres
        @daisy-torres
          • Total Posts: 691

@kathleenramm Ha! I was actually just wondering if you would ever ask us for ideas just yesterday XD

What was the oddest world/setting you’ve ever read about? What was the most boring?

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Kathleen
          @kathleenramm

@lavenderbookling @lavenderbookling

I’ll definitely be using both these as future Topics of the Week disocclusions! Thank you so much!

Also, it’s funny how you were just thinking about me asking you guys for ideas the same day I decided to write a post on it lol. Was it that obvious that I was running low on ideas?

Elanor
            @elanor
              • Total Posts: 186

@kathleenramm

Who’s the most bizarre character you have encountered, whether it’s one you’ve written about or read about?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting
                • Total Posts: 1700

@kathleenramm Far too lazy to come up with my own questions, have these instead.

101 Imaginative And Fun Author Interview Questions

Lately, it's been on my brain
                Would you mind letting me know
                If hours don't turn into days

Trahia the Minstrel
                @trahia-the-minstrel
                  • Total Posts: 193

@kathleenramm

I think a cool topic of the week would be “What is your favourite character type/character relationship type?” Like the ‘Mentor’ or the ‘Young Knight’ or the ‘Brother-brother duo, etc. Things like that. In my WIP, I have a ‘tactician,’ a ‘minstrel,’ a ‘peasant-raised prince,’ a ‘usurper,’ a ‘best-friend duo,’ a ‘pair of young people forced into an arranged marriage,’ etc. and the list goes on. I don’t if I’m explaining this properly, but I definitely find I love certain types of characters — mostly the tacticians and the brother-brother duos, which is completely ironic, seeing how I’m a girl.😂

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
                  That’s my wish to create.

Koshka
                  @koshka
                    • Total Posts: 1428

@kathleenramm

I haven’t been able to come up with anything you hadn’t already done, so I didn’t check this one. =]

Have you ever made up food for your books, and if so what was the weirdest?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm

@elanor

Why have I not done this questions yet?! Thanks so much for the idea!

@devastate-lasting

I’ve seen some other articles with a similar topic as the one you linked, but this one is by far the best. The questions are really interesting and unique, I’m totally going to use this. Thanks!

@trahia-the-minstrel

Ooo, good idea! I’m surprised I haven’t done that topic yet. Thanks!

@koshka

Haha, that’ll be a fun question. Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >