-
Kathleen started the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
To celebrate the end of the year, I thought it would fun to have a discussion about all the books we read this year and what we want to read in 2022!
So we can kick off the discussion with some questions and then go from there.
How Many Books Have you Read this Year?
My answer is so sad. *sniff* I think I read like… five books? Uh, yeah, it’s…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Cool cool. It’s rare to find friends that you hang out with in both online and offline.
Newt and Minho are also my favorite characters from the Maze Runner Series! However that’s just from me watching the movies, I’m not sure if my answer would change if I read the books.
I highly recommend reading The Hunger Games especially if you…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic A Little Bit of Everything in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
@autumn-rebecca
Hi! Welcome to KP! It’s lovely to have you!Firstly I must ask you, do you have any favorite books or authors? Also, what got you into writing?
It’s awful that you are unable to access a library. Are you unable to access libraries because they are not in your area or is there some other reason? It must make it hard to ever read…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 9 months ago
Glad you like my story idea so much. Those are great thoughts too. I love hearing what everyone else thinks of as a good scene in a book generally.
Ahhh the snake with parylizing venom was killed protecting her. She has to jump blindly out a small gap that could barely be called a window used to vent the prison. In a beaten…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Oh, yes! I do know Joelle! Was she the one who told you about KP or was it the other way around? I highly recommend writing a story with her. Writing stories with someone is a very unique experience, and the stories often are twice as good as they would have been if you were writing by yourself as you can fill in for each other’s…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's something you wish you knew when you first started writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
What’s something you wish you knew when you first started writing?
Something I wish I knew when I first started writing was that the more I focus on characters, the easier it is to write an interesting plot.If I would have known this it would have saved me from a lot of headaches. Whenever I first started writing stories I would get so caught up…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Ah, that’s really cute!
It’s really cool how your friend inspired you to start writing seriously, do they write as well? If so have you ever thought of writing a story together?
I started writing around seven or eight. Two of my older siblings wrote (and still write), which inspired me a lot. Plus, after multiple failed attempts at…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Hhhmmm… Good question. I think my writing excels most when I’m working with my 3 siblings.
It kinda goes like someone has a spark of an idea, someone adds fuel to it, and then another waves the flame into a blaze.
Well, on good days that is. Most of the time we get side tracked and end up having an hour long conversation about how…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
I’m about the same as you when it comes to Tolkien’s discography. Read the Hobbit, and the Silmarillion is on my to-read list. My brother highly recommends it, and I probably will soon once I actually read it, haha.
Thanks for the recs! I’ll definitely check them out.
How old were you when you started writing and what made you begin?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Hi! Awesome to have you here!
I’m also a big LotR fan, have you read any of Tolkien’s other books like the Silmarillion or the Hobbit?
Do you have any favorite poems or poets? I’ve recently been getting into poetry and kinda don’t know where to start when it comes to finding good poetry.
It’s great to meet your acquaintance! Catch…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Have you ever considered quitting writing? Why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Have you ever considered quitting writing? Why or why not?
For me, writing has always been something I’ve wanted to do more of, so I don’t think the thought of quitting has ever crossed my mind.I absolutely love writing with my siblings, I love writing by myself, there’s so many stories untold and so many areas where I want to improve. So I…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Ah, yeah. I think we’ve all have written stories all too similar to the traits you described.
Out of all the things lacking in House of Mages, what area do you think you’ve improved the most in writing since then?
@anatra23
Haha, that’s hilarious. It kinda reminds me of the first story I wrote which was literally just the story of…[Read more] -
Kathleen replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 10 months ago
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin
I’m a tad bit late to the party, but um… here I am.
I tried reading The Wingfeather Saga a few months ago because I thought the cover was pretty epic and a lot of people on the forum liked it, but ummm…
I couldn’t finish it. And for pretty much all the reasons you listed in your essay. I can see why people…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
House of Mages actually sounds pretty cool. What was wrong with that made you not go through with publication?
Woah, that’s a cool idea. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of an idea like that. It sounds like a tricky story to write, but you should totally try going back to that story when you have the…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Thank you. 😊
-
Madelyn replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Hmmm… maybe I’ll go back to Beatrice and her cow one day. Because yeah, now looking at it there’s a lot of cool ways I could direct the story.
lol. Nothing like a movie or book coming out with a premise oddly similar to the one you are working on to crush your motivation, haha. That’s happened to me at least once before, but I…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Any Urban Fantasy clean book recommendations? in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Hey there!
Let’s see…
The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Stewart (someone already mentioned The Mysterious Benedict Society by the same author–both are super good!)
The Accidental Hero, The Second War, and The End of Infinity by Matt Myklusch (a lot more action and techy stuff in that one)
The Story Thieves Series by James…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
What’s a story idea that you worked on for while, but completely scraped part way through the writing process? Why?
I have MANY. However, the one that sticks out to me most was a story I wrote when I was nine to ten-years-old.It was about a girl name Beatrice who lived with her Grandma in an un-mobile mobile home. The entire town despised…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
“…and His Son!” Amen.
- Load More
