A Little Bit of Everything

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE A Little Bit of Everything

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Autumn Rebecca
    @autumn-rebecca
      • Total Posts: 57

Hey, y’all! My name is Autumn Rebecca and I am a blogger, fiction writer, and historical book lover. Basically, I write and read a little bit of everything.

I believe that words can touch the darkest of souls… As long as the receiver allows them to.

I am currently working towards reviewing more books, writing more content for my blog (including book reviews, obviously), and finishing a non-fiction work in progress.

A surprising fact about me would be that I used to despise reading. Now I wish that I wasn’t so much of a cheapskate so that I could read more. 😅 (We don’t have access to a library right now.)

I’m not sure what else to write about myself, so… I guess that works. 🙂

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Anatra
      @anatra23
        • Total Posts: 211

@autumn-rebecca

Hullo! Welcome to KP, I’m Anatra.

Lol I also used to STRONGLY dislike reading (although I enjoyed comic books). Then again, at that time I was scared of everything but breathing, so it doesn’t surprise me XD

What sorts of things have you written? Working on any writing projects at the moment?

Random question: do you have a Christmas tree? And if you do, do you put popcorn strings on it? Also, are you eventually supposed to eat that popcorn?

Autumn Rebecca
        @autumn-rebecca

[quote quote=107927] @autumn-rebecca Hullo! Welcome to KP, I’m Anatra. Lol I also used to STRONGLY dislike reading (although I enjoyed comic books). Then again, at that time I was scared of everything but breathing, so it doesn’t surprise me XD What sorts of things have you written? Working on any writing projects at the moment? Random question: do you have a Christmas tree? And if you do, do you put popcorn strings on it? Also, are you eventually supposed to eat that popcorn?[/quote]

I feel you on that fear thing. 😂

Thank you for the warm welcome! To answer your questions:

1. I have written a few short stories (my favorite one being about a owl named Mr. Who-Who), a historical (that I gave up on, but still haunts me), a contemporary LDR romance, quite a few Christian lifestyle blog posts, and am currently working on a non-fiction about loving the hard to love people in our lives. It’s going to be a freebie on my blog. What about you?
          2. I actually have two Christmas trees, but neither of them have popcorn strings on them. 🙁 If they did, I would vote for not eating it, though. Lol.

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Autumn Rebecca
          @autumn-rebecca

Whoops! I accidentally deleted my reply. 😬

Anyways, I feel you on that fear thing. Lol.

Thank you for the warm welcome! To answer your questions:

I have written a few short stories (my favorite one being about a owl named Mr. Who-Who), a historical (that I gave up on, but still haunts me), a contemporary LDR romance, and am currently working on a non-fiction about loving the hard to love people in our lives. It’s going to be a freebie on my blog. What about you?

I actually have two Christmas trees, but neither of them have popcorn strings on them. 🙁 If they did, I would vote for not eating it, though. Lol.

ella
            @nova21
              • Total Posts: 604

@autumn-rebecca

Heyy, awesome to have you here!  I’m Ella and I write all kinds of stuff too, from dystopian to fantasy to mystery.  I love reading his-fic but i’ve never worked up the courage to write it lol

Anything fun you’ve been reading recently?  I have millions of books on hold right now, but I really want to read The Inheritance Games by Jennifer somethingsomething:)

I love journaling, baking, and sports besides reading and writing.  My current wip is a fantasy and a twist on the greco-roman/viking cultures dealing with themes of revenge, unwanted love, and belonging.  Your wip sounds awesome!  Do you like the non-fiction genre the most?

what we do in life echoes in eternity
              -gladiator, 2000

Autumn Rebecca
              @autumn-rebecca

@nova21

Thank you for the welcome! I am currently reading an ARC by an author I have never heard of. I believe her name is M. Liz Boyle. I haven’t heard of the book you mentioned! The name sounds interesting!

Those things are awesome! I’m not much into sports, though. However, I enjoy watching them!

And your question! That is challenging. 😂 I love to write non-fiction, but here lately, fiction is where my heart is. There is something breathtaking about aligning your fingers on a keyboard, taking a deep breath, and allowing your emotions to take you on ride through the unknown. It can make your dreams come true and answer the questions engraved into your nightmares. Those answers just… Come easier? Hopefully that makes sense. Lol. Basically, I can express my deepest emotions through fictional characters without the vulnerability that comes along with non-fiction.

Autumn Rebecca
                @autumn-rebecca

You’re WIP sounds very intriguing, by the way!

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm
                    • Total Posts: 635

@autumn-rebecca
                    Hi! Welcome to KP! It’s lovely to have you!

Firstly I must ask you, do you have any favorite books or authors? Also, what got you into writing?

It’s awful that you are unable to access a library. Are you unable to access libraries because they are not in your area or is there some other reason? It must make it hard to ever read the books you want because the only other option is buying it and it’s hard to commit to buying a book when you don’t know if it’s good or not.

As you can probably tell, I haven’t had the greatest experiences with buying books I haven’t read before lol. Libraries and free audiobooks on YouTube are my best friends, haha.

Again, great to have you! Catch you around on the forums!

Autumn Rebecca
                    @autumn-rebecca

@kathleenramm

Exactly! It does make it quite difficult. My family and I have moved a lot for work the past year and a half, so we haven’t been able to commit to a library to get a library card from.

My all-time favorite author is Rachel Fordham. If you are interested in historical fiction, I would highly recommend her book “The Hope of Azure Springs”. It is so good! (My favorite book I have read by far!)

My second favorite author would probably be Amanda Dykes. Her writing style has a beautiful poetic flare!

Honestly, besides Greats like the ones mentioned above, I felt called to write. I don’t know why; I may never know. No matter how hard I tried to fight it (slight introvert here), God kept calling me back. It’s not everyday that God speaks so clearly, so I finally gave in. In light of that, I continue to write because it is how I know how to bring His light to others. It also reminds me of the light that He continually gives me, even when I don’t deserve it.

What about you? Why do you write? Do you have any favorite books or authors?

Anatra
                      @anatra23
                        • Total Posts: 211

@autumn-rebecca

Cool! Those stories sound interesting. I’ve never been brave enough to try to write something romance XD It’s always so intimidating to me. emotions are strange

I don’t meet many people who write non-fiction, is it based on a story? Personal experience? Historical events?

I currently have a fantasy WIP that I’ve built a series out of, but I’m focusing at the moment on a short story about my villains in it, because I realized I wrote flat antagonists who were there purely and painfully for the protagonist’s development. I think it’s fun to rewrite their pasts, though, so I’m enjoying it.

I always wondered about eating that…

Autumn Rebecca
                        @autumn-rebecca

@anatra23

I don’t blame you! It can be intimidating.

My non-fiction is based on personal experience and the experience of others. I must admit… Non-fiction has the tendency to make you feel INCREDIBLY underqualified.

Ooh! That sounds interesting. Back stories can be a lot of fun!

Elishavet Pidyon
                          @elishavet-pidyon
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@autumn-rebecca

Hi there! It’s good to meet you! (Sorry if I’m a bit late)

I’m Elishavet, and I have two main WIPs. One is about three children, heirs of a crumbling kingdom. (Dramatic!) The second is a retelling of various testimonies in an allegorical world (Sneaky!).

Your non-fiction sounds lovely. (I get the intimidating part)

I think I always liked to read, but I used to hate some audio books that are now my favorites, namely, Focus on the Family Radio Theater’s Chronicles of Narnia, and Chuck Black’s Sir Kendrick. I was too young to understand the plot, so all I gathered was that a bunch of people were trying to kill each other. XD

So… A few random questions:

Do you like bagpipes?

If you could speak any dead language, what would it be?

What’s your favorite thing about the genres you write?

Should shoes be worn indoors?

Anyway, see you around!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Autumn Rebecca
                            @autumn-rebecca

Ooh! Those WIPs sound awesome! 😲

I haven’t read any of those books, but I have been quite interested in Chuck Black’s books before. I just haven’t gotten around to reading any of them.

Do you like bagpipes?

They sound quite sad to me. Besides that point, they are alright.

If you could speak any dead language, what would it be?

Hmm… Perhaps Geechee. It is still used some, but not a whole lot.

What’s your favorite thing about the genres you write?

Probably the different ways they speak to the soul. Historical captivates you with its diverse vocabulary. Romance (clean, of course) melts the heart with its spiral of emotions. Non-fiction connects with people in a direct, caring way.

Should shoes be worn indoors?

No, shoes shouldn’t be worn inside… That doesn’t stop me from doing so, though. 😂

Elishavet Pidyon
                              @elishavet-pidyon
                                • Total Posts: 1013

@autumn-rebecca

Thank you! I’m still in the plotting-building stage, but I think I like how it’s going.

I haven’t read beyond his Arethtrae series, but what I’ve read of his is good. We really like the Knights of Arethtrae.

Bagpipes can sound sad…and warlike.

Hmm, Geechee sounds interesting; I’ve never heard of it. Why do you like it?

That’s a beautiful thing to love about genres and so true.

Do you LIKE to wear shoes indoors? XD I don’t mind too much, but my feet get smothered. 😉

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
                                @koshka
                                  • Total Posts: 1424

@autumn-rebecca

Hello, and welcome to KP! (Sorry for the belatedness of this welcome.) I am Koshka, or at least that’s what I’m called around here. I have two major WIPs at this point. One is a non-magical medieval-fantasy trilogy which has gained my central focus. I’m hoping to be able to aventually publish it. The other is a historical fiction over Jewish and Irish imagrants during the American Civil War. I’m not sure if I’ll keep this one.

What is your favorite thing about writing?

What has been your favorite character to ever write?

What do you think about jellybeans?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >