-
Anatra replied to the topic Salvete scriptores! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
that’s cool! I didn’t know that abt the mbti.
Percy Jackson is great. The first few books and most of the HoO books are the best, I think. Magnus Chase and Kane Chronicles are pretty good, but weren’t enough for me to finish them, ig XD. The writing, the plot holes, the timelines, yea, they could be better, I’ll admit. Trials of…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic 1st Chapter Critique for The Inventor’s Daughter in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 1 month ago
@keilah-h and @devastate-lasting, y’all could make a junker gmail account and use that for any transferral of stories.
-
Power replied to the topic 1st Chapter Critique for The Inventor’s Daughter in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 1 month ago
It may be to late, but if not I would like to read your chapter. powerofthemongoose@gmail.com
-
Power replied to the topic A Rather Belated Introduction in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
A rather belated response, to a rather belated introduction. (4 days… Perhaps not belated enough. Maybe I should wait a little longer to post this post, so it has more belatedness??) Greetings! It’s nice to meet another Nielsen fan! I’m Power, but you can just call me Power! Or the Magnificent Mangy Marooned Mud Mouse if you feel the need to.…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Salvete scriptores! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
Hullo and welcome!
Lol, I’ve probably watched the Emperors New Groove like, 40 times so far in my life. It’s very good.
Yea, I’m and INTJ actually. Do you know what those letters stand for? I found a cool graph online that shows what it means. Basically you pick the letters based off of words that describe you. It looks kinda like…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic 1st Chapter Critique for The Inventor’s Daughter in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 1 month ago
Ooh, this is exiting! I have the time and I’d love to read it! Here’s my email: AnatraBreathesBooks@gmail.com
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a Genre or form of writing you used to dislike, but now enjoy? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
I was so particular about the things I read. I would only ever read fantasy, comic books, and I loved little stories like Aesop’s Fables. But it was only until I was like, twelve when I gave other books a chance.
I strongly disliked historical fiction, poetry, classics(with the exception of Laura Ingalls Wilder), especially…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic The Art of Deception–Sci-fi critique in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
OOooOooo, this sounds exiting! I’m not sure if I’ll be a able to commit if it’s too long tho, could you give me an estimate of the word count?
-
Anatra replied to the topic What was it like writing your first novel? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic Writers' Corner #1 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
Dont worry, I’ll listen for myself and try for my own opinion, tho others opinions are helpful.
Thank you for the advice. I’ll try for a wide variety to get a good feel.
-
Anatra replied to the topic What was it like writing your first novel? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
@scripter-of-kingdomsa
Tales of Ba Sing Se is one of my favorites. But, how could I not put The Cave of Two Lovers on my list. Oh, and The Blind Bandit. The Library, Appa’s Lost Days, The Headband, Nightmares and Daydreams, and, must never forget, The Ember Island Plays. Don’t think I remembered all those names, (I had to look some up) but that…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Writers' Corner #1 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
*air hugs cuz recently had covid* IT’S GREAT HAHAHA
Yea, I enjoy the challenge. It’s finding time. I gotta tell myself repeatedly to do Korean cuz sometimes I’d rather be doing this, or spending time with family, or maybe I’m behind in school, and have to pick up the pace with that.
I will definitely  check out those…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Writers' Corner #1 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
*Excitedly immediately slaps hands on high ten* IKR?!?!!?!?!?!
I still have at least half a dozen questions for my Korean teacher, and I just took a lesson Tuesday. Absolutely everything raises questions.
About the K-pop thing. Introduce me to her or him and then I’ll decide lol. I haven’t experienced K-pop yet, really.…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Writers' Corner #1 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
OH MY GOODNESS NO WAY I love Korean! I had no idea! Tho sometimes my teacher, who is also my piano teacher, my employer, and a friend of mine(its a complicated relationship) is a little strict. However, I would prefer that any day to a teacher who lets me slack. I only started learning a few months ago, but I can read and…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Writers' Corner #1 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
Oh boy, that’s frightening. (The anaphylactic attack, not the book series, tho writing a second book’s beginning can be scary as well.)
Writer’s block has struck, tho I assume it’s only temporary(I have a feeling). I’ve been pretty busy, what with school, piano, Korean, babysitting, and family, but my brother who lives with…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What was it like writing your first novel? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
Ah, yes. The cactus juice. Giant friendly mushroom cloud. I noticed in my most recent re-watch of the series, every time Sokka is delusional, or he’s just wild, he blames Momo for absolutely everything. Poor lil Momo.
Korra ain’t great, but season four has it’s moments. LOL all you need is to hear things abt the movie. I…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What was it like writing your first novel? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
<3 Exactly. I’ve most recently realized just how much of me I’ve written into the lives of my characters. Lol it seems narcistic, but it’s coping.
@scripter-of-kingdoms @kathleenramm
IKR? ATLA IS GREAT! I will never turn down the opportunity to fangirl over something as valuable as ATLA! XD
My fav character is gonna have to be, Iroh, or…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic If you need encouragement 🙂 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
This is good for me to read, and especially good for me to read when writers block hits. Lol I’ve been there. Priorities get me so stressed.
Recently, I looked back at my writing from a year ago and basically said to myself, “aww that’s cute. She tried.” I took me quite a while to fix some mistakes xD
-
Anatra replied to the topic Imagine Anthology in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
Oh my goodness! This is exiting, the covers look so good! *happily counts down the days, and sets a reminder* aww man, there ain’t no pre order… /hj
-
Anatra replied to the topic What was it like writing your first novel? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
The premise is basically: Special boy and girl independently strike out from all they’ve ever known, and discover they’re needed to save what they previously left, and the future they were hoping for.(via defeating classic bad guy)
I promise, it’s not as corny as it seems in text, lol.
I haven’t really considered what made me…[Read more]
- Load More

