The Art of Deception–Sci-fi critique

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions The Art of Deception–Sci-fi critique

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

Hello, KeePers!!

I just recently finished the first draft of The Art of Deception, which is a clean sci-fi. No bad words, fairly mild violence.

That being said, I’m looking for readers who are willing to read through a messy first draft and pinpoint spelling errors, plot holes, things that don’t make sense, etc. Any feedback/thoughts are needed before I begin my second draft! And don’t worry about upsetting me or anything like that lol. Like I said, I need any thoughts I can get XD

If you’re interested, please comment below with your email and I’ll send you my draft! Thank you so, SO much if you decide to accept! (If you’re not wanting your email put out for everyone, we can ask KingdomPen if you want to send it to privately!)

I’m just tagging some people, but totally feel free to decline!

@joy-caroline @gracie-j @nanisnook @abigail-m @devastate-lasting @nova21 @e-k-seaver @anyone-else-who-likes-to-read-and-critique

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Daisy Torres
      @daisy-torres

Here’s my book trailer for more detail!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j
          • Total Posts: 1789

@daisy-torres AAAAHHHH DAISYYYYY!!!! I would LOVE to read it but I have so much school right now that I know I couldn’t give it to time and focus I want to. *sighs* Thank you so much for tagging me, though! I’ll tag a few others who might be interested!

@writerlexi1216
          @scripter-of-kingdoms @mkfairygirl @issawriter7 @lydia-s @godlyfantasy12

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

ella
          @nova21
            • Total Posts: 604

@daisy-torres

I’d LOVE to!!  The title is amazing, (plus I actually have time XD) and the book trailer made me very curious!!!!!! =)

what we do in life echoes in eternity
            -gladiator, 2000

Jodi Maile
            @jodi-maile
              • Total Posts: 138

@daisy-torres Ooh, I’m definitely interested, though I may or may not have the time to fully dive into it and give you solid feedback. How soon do you need the critique back?

Anatra
              @anatra23
                • Total Posts: 211

@daisy-torres

OOooOooo, this sounds exiting! I’m not sure if I’ll be a able to commit if it’s too long tho, could you give me an estimate of the word count?

Daisy Torres
                @daisy-torres

@gracie-j Awww!! Thank you soooo muchhh!!!! Sorry you’re so busy! If you ever find you have time, let me know!! I’d love to have you on the team XD

@nova21
                  Girlll, thank youuu!!! That would be amazing!!! (And thanks!! I’m glad it did!!)

@jodi-maile
                  That’s perfectly fine!! I don’t have any specific date on anything right now. I’m actually a bit burnt out rn, so I won’t be starting the second draft for a bit yet :::)

@anatra23
                  Sure thing! It’s right over 90,000 words. The actual book would probably be about 2-3 inches thick. Thank you for your interest!!

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres

@nova21 My email is authordaisytorres.1@gmail.com Just send me an email and I’ll send you my draft in  a google doc!

Jodi Maile
                    @jodi-maile

@daisy-torres Oh cool! (I totally get the burnout haha, I’m a bit burned out on my own writing right now). I’d love to read it–count me in! Should I just send you an email, then?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Jodi Maile.
                      Daisy Torres
                      @daisy-torres

@jodi-maile Yay!!! Thank you SO much!! This means a lot to me!!! My email is authordaisytorres.1@gmail.com Send me an email and I’ll send you my novel in a google doc!! Again, thank you SO much!!

Jodi Maile
                        @jodi-maile

@daisy-torres Yay! And of course! I’ve really enjoyed your writing before so I’m looking forward to reading your latest work! 🙂

Daisy Torres
                          @daisy-torres

@jodi-maile Aww, that makes me so happy to hear!! I really hope you enjoy this one, too!

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j
                              • Total Posts: 1789

@daisy-torres You’re so welcome! Thank YOU! If I do, I will certainly let you know! 😀

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Daisy Torres
                              @daisy-torres

@graci-j Yay!!! And dude, absolutely!!

Lydia S.
                                @lydia-s
                                  • Total Posts: 399

@daisy-torres

Agh, CONGRATS!!!!! Unfortunately, since the school year started, I don’t think I’d have time to read it. I wish I could, though! Hopefully, I’ll someday be able to read the published copy. 🙂 Again, CONGRATS!!!!!! *throws confetti and chocolate*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >