Writers’ Corner #1

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers’ Corner #1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

Sorry about the late reply!

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@joy-caroline Sounds good! I’m just working on my novel and studying. I have no idea if you’re still around currently, or what time it is in America rn…

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1379

@seekjustice

Ooh, good luck with your novel!

Haha, I live in Cali so it’s only 10 where I am.

Kads
          @scripter-of-kingdoms
            • Total Posts: 765

We need to keep this thread alive, guys!! What’s going on?? XDD

How are y’all doing? What’s been going on in your writing and non-writing lives? Fill me in! I’ve not been doing much, I’ve started writing my second book in my present day trilogy (some of you already know :P) Outside of my writing life, I recently had an anaphylactic attack, which was really scary… thank the Lord it wasn’t very severe though. I’m gonna have to carry an EpiPen around now, which is just ugh. 🙄 We’re trying to determine the trigger of what it was but don’t know yet.

Anyhoo, how are you guys??? @devastate-lasting @e-k-seaver @issawriter7 @mkfairygirl @anatra23 @kathleenramm @abigail-m @nova21 @writerlexi1216 @faith-q @elfwing @gracie-j @daisy-torres @lewilliams @joy-caroline @seekjustice @nanisnook @anyone-and-everyone-i-missed @shrek @the-banana-sandwich-in-the-corner @august-liu

wait i prob shouldn’t have tagged august-

he’s terrifying

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Kads.

staring at the fields
            if nothing's really real
            i'll make the winter now my home

Anatra
            @anatra23
              • Total Posts: 211

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Oh boy, that’s frightening. (The anaphylactic attack, not the book series, tho writing a second book’s beginning can be scary as well.)

Writer’s block has struck, tho I assume it’s only temporary(I have a feeling). I’ve been pretty busy, what with school, piano, Korean, babysitting, and family, but my brother who lives with my family, testing positive for Covid is sure to slow me down! Yay…

So my sis and I had covid at the beginning of August, and after the proper quarantining, we had exactly one week before my older bro found it and picked it up, thus infecting him. So, while he has the same variation as us, and we aren’t in much danger of catching it again, we get to QUARENTINE yayayayayay.

Kads
              @scripter-of-kingdoms

@anatra23 (lol, book two is also kinda frightening XD)

Ah, the dreaded two words. Writer’s block. I’m sorry that it’s plaguing you.

WAITWAITWAITWAIT W A I T .

You’re learning Korean… too?

*shivers delightfully* I KNEW SHE WAS A GOOD ONE ASKLHDJKGHFRWGU SHE EVEN LIKES ATLA TOO AND NOW THIS IM HAPPY DHKLSJKFGHJ

Ahem. Uh.

Covid??? Oh nooooooooo….. I’m so sorry. ;-; I’ll pray for you and your family. That’s a total bummer. Agh, I’m sorry to hear. You have my prayers <3

staring at the fields
                if nothing's really real

Anatra
                @anatra23

@scripter-of-kingdoms

OH MY GOODNESS NO WAY I love Korean! I had no idea! Tho sometimes my teacher, who is also my piano teacher, my employer, and a friend of mine(its a complicated relationship) is a little strict. However, I would prefer that any day to a teacher who lets me slack. I only started learning a few months ago, but I can read and write it well so far, I think. Speaking it, that is proving to be more of a challenge XD.

Thank you so much for your prayers! Anything I can pray for about you?

Kads
                  @scripter-of-kingdoms

@anatra23 AUGH THIS IS SO COOL *puts out hands for a high ten* SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVES KOREAN!!!!!!! (hey complicated relationships are the best kind XD) Oh, yeah, ofc! Working hard is the best way to get better at things!!! :DDD I started learning rather recently, but I can read and write in Hangeul. Still learning some more vocab words tho. Speaking it is rather hard XDD the pronunciations can be a little fun sometimes.

now, I *might* be pushing my luck, but… by any chance, do you like k-pop? XD

Aw, of course! <333 Not really anything pressing right now except for the anaphylaxis thing. I really appreciate the thought!!! <333333

staring at the fields
                    if nothing's really real

Anatra
                    @anatra23

@scripter-of-kingdoms

*Excitedly immediately slaps hands on high ten* IKR?!?!!?!?!?!

I still have at least half a dozen questions for my Korean teacher, and I just took a lesson Tuesday. Absolutely everything raises questions.

About the K-pop thing. Introduce me to her or him and then I’ll decide lol. I haven’t experienced K-pop yet, really. I’ve heard one song: Dynamite, and I wasn’t too impressed. But that’s one, and I can’t judge. I don’t know and haven’t heard of any K-pop artists, so feel free to give me some suggestions!

Kads
                      @scripter-of-kingdoms

@anatra23 *repeatedly high-tens over and over* EEEK THIS IS AMAZING KHDASLJGFDWJGFL

Oh, yepp. Everything. Literally everything. It’s such a hard language XD but I’m like to myself “grace cmon you can get better at this you just have to work hard” haha.

Ah, yeah. Well, I CERTAINLY have some reccs. *grins* Dynamite is a pretty good song, imo, but BTS has many songs that are better imo. I’m a HUGE BTS fan and their music is so good, I 100% recc their music. Here are a few of my favourite songs by them!

– Trivia: Seesaw

– Inner Child

– Mikrokosmos

– Boy With Luv

– Butter (this one’s completely in english)

– Anpanman

– Fake Love (ughhh love the bassline of this one)

– Still With You

– Hope World

and yeah! I’ve heard good things about BLACKPINK (they’re a girl group) too but haven’t listened to them yet. I’ve also heard that IU is good, and @devastate-lasting is a big fan of ATEEZ and Stray Kids. (i only listened to one or two of ATEEZ’s songs once and didn’t really love them?? BTS are my ult faves haha)

staring at the fields
                        if nothing's really real

Anatra
                        @anatra23

@scripter-of-kingdoms

*air hugs cuz recently had covid* IT’S GREAT HAHAHA

Yea, I enjoy the challenge. It’s finding time. I gotta tell myself repeatedly to do Korean cuz sometimes I’d rather be doing this, or spending time with family, or maybe I’m behind in school, and have to pick up the pace with that.

I will definitely  check out those songs and artists, but I gtg it was great chatting, a one-year-old boy needs me rn, I’ll fill you in later.

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting
                            • Total Posts: 1700

@scripter-of-kingdoms Extremely behind on my current work(s), but other than that fine lol.

@anatra23
                            BTS’s new songs are mediocre or above average at best. Listen to their songs when they first debuted, like “No More Dream”, “N.O.”, and “Not Today”.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                            Would you mind letting me know
                            If hours don't turn into days

ella
                            @nova21
                              • Total Posts: 604

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Hiya Grace!  Thanks so much for reminding me about this!!! XD  Oh no, I’m so sorry about the Epi-Pen… my mom has to carry one because she has serious gluten allergies.  I’ll be praying for you!

*clears throat and prepares to deliver a speech on how my life is going*  Um.  Let’s see.  What have I been doing?? XD  Oh, babysitting.  Lots and lots, 9 hours a day to be exact.  I’m exhausted. *swoons melodramatically onto the settee*  Also, I just finished my favorite book series maybe ever!!!!!!!  The Embassy Row books by Ally Carter are just– I have no words for how AMAZING they are!!!!!  I don’t know what to do with myself now that I’m finished… 🙁  But to anyone who loves suspense, heists, escapades in foreign countries, and hot Russian guys, then these books are for you!!!!! XDDD

Anyways, back to writing.  First, I’ve been in a writing slump for the last *tries to count on my fingers but fails* month?  I know it’s bad that I haven’t tried harder to write, but life is busy and I just don’t feel like it. *smiles sheepishly*  HOWEVER, I did start to work on a new spy book idea (inspired by the Embassy Row series, might I add) and that’s been pretty fun.  So far, my main character has 8 different aliases and she’s half-Spanish, half-Brazilian.  That’s all I got.  If you have any epic ideas, feel free to share! 😉

*scans back over what I wrote*  Kudos to you if you read all that! 😛 <333

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                              -gladiator, 2000

Issabelle Perry
                              @issawriter7
                                • Total Posts: 976

@nova21

Okay, YESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSSSS TO THE EMBASSY ROW SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!! It’s my FAVORITE series from Ally Carter!!! the hot Russian guys might be the best part…

*cough* Anyway…

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Oh my goodness, girl, I am SO sorry to hear about that anaphylactic attack. :,( I will definitely be praying for you and I hope you figure out what triggered it soon. *hugs* As for what’s going on for me… eh, nothin’ much. Mostly school. I’m taking a storytelling class this semester that’s been pretty interesting so far… I’m just hoping we’ll eventually get to actually, you know, tell a story. XD I’ve done some writing in a couple of projects, but I don’t really have anything exciting to report. Anyone have any tips on how to keep characters from moving the plot forward too quickly? I’ve been debating what story to start after I finish my current WIP. I don’t know if I should write the sequel to Heir to His Crown, the sequel to Into the Lamp, or this new series idea I have whose first book is titled Forbidden. Oh, and I’ve been doing a lot of editing. But I’m sure you knew all about that. XD

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
                                TeenWritersNook.com

Kads
                                @scripter-of-kingdoms

@anatra23 dont listen to lin their songs are great and i really like them. lin just likes edgy kpop, and most of their earlier stuff was more edgy *sigh*

staring at the fields
                                  if nothing's really real

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >