-
Anatra replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
😀 Yay! I’m glad I could help!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Making Bible Characters Relatable in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
I have never seen it, and (is this bad?) I honestly don’t want to. I have heard it is amazing, again from a trusted source. I just don’t watch much of anything (a bit too much of a book person with a vivid imagination and accidental history snob/nerd).
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing sprint thread in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I have no idea what Sprint means… We have a kids thing at our church tonight that I’m working, but I may be able to participate.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
I like this idea. I can see where it could go and I am so on board! I’m interested to see where the flute may come in, I love adding musical instruments into stories.
Fear? this one may not flow too well with the storyline, but what about his fear being something like: God doesn’t want Kaithen(love the name, btw) to be more than…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
*OOO, FLASH FICTION I SEE?!* Oh I love it! If you want comments on editing, I have a lil note:
“I charged the next man. He must have thought I meant to attack him with the mace, which was exactly what I wanted him to think. Untill I threw myself to the frozen earth and shot between his legs.
Milla was right behind him, still…
-
Anatra replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
That’s so cool! Whenever I try to draw anything like that, the eyes look so dead ;-; but that’s beautiful!
😉 *satisfied*
Beaumont!! Cats are such good selling points for me xD
-
Koshka replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
*Smiles at the names*
I love the ending! I may change ‘Milla was curled up on the ground,’ to ‘I could just see Milla curled up on the ground,’ or something like that. But then again, I don’t know. -
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Here are a few ideas;
Fear: messing up (past fixing), of becoming something terrible, to be nothing, to be something.
Misbelief: that his desire is wrong, that if he disappoints his father he will no longer be loved, that all these standards are just to keep him from fun.
Do you have a separate need as well, or are you using…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Question; is it an allegory of David?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
*Stormy applause and cheers blow the roof off*
I can’t wait till Project Kaithen comes out.! If there’s anything I can do to help with don’t hesitate to ask.
It’s so good when you feel you’re on His path.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Topic suggestion for Biblical fiction writers in the forum Questions and Support 4 years, 11 months ago
WOO!
*dances in ticker tape tossing M&Ms at everyone* -
Koshka replied to the topic Making Bible Characters Relatable in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you for tagging me. I haven’t read much biblical fiction, but I’ll be happy to share what I’ve noticed.
They were people, they had emotions, and the Bible records many of these. Most these are referenced in their actions. The entire book of Jonah (It’s better for me to die!). Ezekiel’s wife dies and he isn’t allowed to grieve, although he…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Another Awkward Intro in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
I hope they can do BoSaS justice in the movie. Until it comes out, I will ingest every article on it.
Oh I totally agree. I enjoyed the second more than the first, partly cuz I think it is written better, partly cuz PLOT IS GORGEOUS. Most of it, anyhow. The Nico ordeal with Cupid… that gave me some questions. I love Hazel and F…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Awww… That’s beautiful. He looks so real!
-
Power replied to the topic Another Awkward Intro in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@kathleenramm Sorry, but I don’t have a pancake. Perhaps try IHOP.
@anatra23 I recommend not trying to translate it. It appears that the code got corrupted at some point in time (
last time I trust a morse code translator.jk I’ll probably use it again 😜.) -
Power replied to the topic What’s an unexpected place you got a story idea from? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
@kathleenramm I haven’t use the birthday cake corpse ideas in a story (and don’t really plan to). What I got out of the dream was the emotions and experience of being near someone when they are told that a loved one has passed.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I agree. Beautiful design by a beautiful designer.
Your plans for owning a fennec are wonderfully complicated lol.I haven’t read too many Redwall either, I just really enjoyed the books I did. (read, that is.)
I’ve never heard of Mistmantle. I will look it up tho! -
Anatra replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Your book sounds very exiting! I love that idea.
Oh, I love animal books. When I was in elementary school and half way through middle school, those were the only books I’d read XD (btw I’m defiantly not saying books like that are only for kids. I still really enjoy them:)
Have you ever read…[Read more] -
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
That makes sense. Yes, I think I know what you mean. Like he can talk without speaking.
Thank you for the excerpt!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
That’s a first draft? Wow. I love it! Did Nyx just speak?
- Load More
