Switching Gears: I’m Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Biblical Fiction Switching Gears: I’m Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

@lydia-s @elanor @libby @elishavet-pidyon @koshka @keilah-h@elfwing  @gracie-j @jenwriter17 @issawriter7@trahia-the-minstrel @maryg3 @kayleigh-idea @lucy @madelyn@anatra23 @scoutfinch180 @mkfairygirl @precious-y @beth-darlene @abigail-m @seekjustice @nova21 @hallie-jean @daisy-torres @jodi-maile @devastate-lasting @e-k-seaver @r-m-archer@ribbonash @calidris @scripter-of-kingdoms @writerlexi1216@lewilliams @anyone @everyone

Welp….as my title says I am….writing an allegorical fantasy now! HA!

Okay okay, so….a bit of explanation. As y’all know, I’ve been working on the first book (and others) of a seven book fantasy series, and while I’ll still be continuing that project, that is a huge undertaking and I’ve been struggling recently with other aspects of it, and just what God wanted me to do. That being said, at around 2 something in the morning (I’ve been struggling to get to bed at an appropriate time, due to my mind and body not wanting to shut off lol) I was STRUCK by Godly inspiration (that’s what I’m saying it is. Hope that’s correct lol) and immediately wrote something down on my phone and fell in love with it. (which is awesome because I’d also found myself in the pit of not enjoying the process of writing, not enjoying my writing, etc.)

I sent it to my Mother today and she and I both agree it is a God thing, and I believe it is where I need to go right now. So, I am officially shifting gears. Again, I am not quitting my seven book series unless God, or my family or so tells me otherwise. I will still be pursuing it, but that is a huge undertaking, so I’m just shifting perspectives to this new book more.

SO. I am so so so so so so so very excited to introduce you to what I’m calling Project Kaithen!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12

Kaithen (Kai) is an elf and the youngest of 9, living in a fairly impoverished home. He’s regarded as little more then an errand boy and the one who watches the K’vews while big brothers are away, and mother has no interest for him at all, in fact when giving birth to him she didn’t even stop her sewing.

Having no one around, Kai has learned to get along with nothing more then his flute, some songs he’s wrote on scraps of paper, and talking to a God he doesn’t fully understand.

But his seemingly meaningless life takes a turn when a man from the village nearby pays a visit, asking to see his mother’s sons, saying he is sent by King Lorne of the southern kingdom, a kingdom that young Kai has only ever heard stories of.

When none of the sons seem to appease the man, he asks the woman if there be anymore, to which she calls in Kai. Immediately, Kai is told that he is to be taken away to the southern kingdom to be armor bearer to the king’s youngest son, Ardan.

All of a sudden he is whisked away to a new kingdom and is forced into a new life. Not only this, but the man who brought him seems to know of something else, something he refuses to give all the details about.

Luckily, Kai finds a good friend in the king’s son, but is friendship, trust in God and integrity enough to keep Kaithen alive amidst the battle that seems to be taking place within King Lorne?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

Elishavet Pidyon
        @elishavet-pidyon
          • Total Posts: 1013

@godlyfantasy12

Oh, yay! I love it too! It sounds SO good! Like a book I’d read till four in the morning and have to stop at random parts to soak up every implication. Is it off the story of David?

By the by, that’s a beautiful cover/photo.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
          @koshka
            • Total Posts: 1424

*Stormy applause and cheers blow the roof off*

I can’t wait till Project Kaithen comes out! If there’s anything I can do to help with don’t hesitate to ask.

It’s so good when you feel you’re on His path.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Koshka. Reason: Punctuation mistake

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@elishavet-pidyon Ahhh thank you so much! And yes!! It is!! Thank you, I made it today!

Inspiration is absolutely FLOWING! Which proves this must be a God thing because this does not usually happen. I’m writing character stuff (Fear, Misbelief, Desire things like that) that I can’t usually figure out very quickly) and I’m so excited! Thank the Lord!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

@koshka thank you so much! I’ll definitely be on here for some tips I’m sure!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j
                  • Total Posts: 1789

Dude, it’s been like a bazillion years since I’ve been here…I’m surprised y’all haven’t forgotten about me. XD

@godlyfantasy12
                  #1 THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I know how it feels to be divinely inspired *looks at Held Captive* for a book, so take it from me that this is an awesome experience and it’s going to be a fabulous journey for you! #2 I ADORE ALLEGORICAL FANTASY. AND I ADORE THE SOUND OF THIS ONE. I am already excited. Nuff said.

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Koshka
                  @koshka

Question; is it an allegory of David?

Elishavet Pidyon
                    @elishavet-pidyon

@godlyfantasy12

Oh, those character struggles are very good. Your story line gives that pleasurable ache deep inside by which one knows it’s good.

Amen!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

@gracie-j @elishavet-pidyon @koshka I could actually use some help rn lol.

I need some help with 2 things.

I’ve got my protagonist’s Desire and misbelief down but not his fear, and I’ve got of my side character’s Desire and fear down but not his misbelief

Kaithen- Protagonist

Desire: To be more then just an errand boy, to be more then one who is never seen or heard.

Fear:

Misbelief: He is not enough.

Ardan- Sidekick

Desire: To escape the high standards and watchful eye of his father and be himself.

Fear: Disappointing his father.

Misbelief:

Any ideas?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

Elishavet Pidyon
                        @elishavet-pidyon

So, I don’t personally know your characters, but from life, books, and from what they did in the Bible, here are some ideas to help get those creative juices flowing.

• Fear of darkness(not the dark)
                          • Fear of disillusionment
                          • Fear of the violent man
                          • Fear of failing
                          • Fear of not measuring up
                          • Fear of spiders (okay, maybe not)
                          • Fear of betrayal
                          • Fear of lack
                          • Fear of losing something/someone dear
                          • Fear of suffering
                          • Missbelief of having enough strength in self
                          • Missbelief of own hight of wisdom
                          • Missbelief of the only way to be strong is to rebel
                          • Missbelief that all the world is evil
                          • Missbelief that all the world is good
                          • Missbelief that ___ will satisfy where only God can

So there’s a long list I thought of at the moment, hope it helps somehow.

Elishavet Pidyon
                          @elishavet-pidyon

Koshka
                            @koshka

@godlyfantasy12

Here are a few ideas;

Fear: messing up (past fixing), of becoming something terrible, to be nothing, to be something.

Misbelief: that his desire is wrong, that if he disappoints his father he will no longer be loved, that all these standards are just to keep him from fun.

Do you have a separate need as well, or are you using their desire as a need?

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@godlyfantasy12 Ooh, Koshka’s suggestions were reeeaally good! I’m kinda dealing with similar things with some of my characters, so let’s see what I can do…

Kaithen: Making mistakes or failing.

Ardan: He’s unworthy or not good enough; he is less than his father.

Eh, that might not be what you’re looking for, but I hope it helps some! I’ve noticed that sometimes fears, misbeliefs, etc., will reveal and develop themselves while writing, actually, which makes the story flow more natural!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Anatra
                                @anatra23
                                  • Total Posts: 211

@godlyfantasy12

I like this idea. I can see where it could go and I am so on board! I’m interested to see where the flute may come in, I love adding musical instruments into stories.

Fear? this one may not flow too well with the storyline, but what about his fear being something like: God doesn’t want Kaithen(love the name, btw) to be more than where he is. Fearing that he’s destined for the life he was given.

Kaithen seems very ambitious, so being limited might scare him.

A misbelief Ardan may have struck me that: he won’t be loved and still accepted for who he is, if he achieves his goal.

Ardan seems like he’s trying to do what he alone wants, but he also still cares for what his father thinks of him.

This is exciting. I hope any of what I said helps!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >