Another Awkward Intro

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Another Awkward Intro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 9

Hi y’all! I’m new to Kingdom Pen, operating under the username E.p.Writes for anonymity sake. Greetings from a swinging chair in a random home in the American countryside. I’m a writer (duh. I wouldn’t be here otherwise) and a Christian (also duh, lol)  who specializes in YA fantasy. Here’s a little bit about myself and then I’ll go into some about my current WIPs.

Favorite color– literally any color blue. I’m unusual and unlike the rest of society that way 🙂

Favorite food– Mango, mac’n’cheese, belgian waffles

Favorite country I’ve been to– Portugal (I’ve had the blessing of being able to travel a lot)

Favorite Book Series(multiple. I couldn’t choose!) :

– Hunger Games

– Harry Potter (It gets a lot of criticism from Christian writers, and I have responses to that, and I know what the Bible says, and all that. I don’t judge you, you don’t judge me, and we’ll be good. Friendly conversation is welcome and differing viewpoints are respected and encouraged. 🙂 Felt like it had to be said)

-The Penderwicks– juvenile, maybe, but SO WELL WRITTEN

-Princess Academy (also juvenile, but also well written)

-The Books of Bayern (Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, Forest Born)

My current Favorite Single Books (If I was to write all of them, I’d be going for hours)

-Amelia Unabridged

-Fear of Drowning Deep

Favorite Bible Verses: Isaiah 49:15-16, Romans 8:38-39,  Isaiah 43:1-13 and the whole of John 6

Anyway, like I said before, I specialize in fantasy/contemporary-with-fantasy-elements/dystopian. I’ve written three full-length novels, none of them worthy of publishing, and I have plotted/begun approximately 75 books, all waiting for a sudden inspiration and a half a year to develop. Scrivener is my lifesaver and I would be useless without Self Publishing School, Abbie Emmons, helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com, and every fantasy author that I’ve ever had the privilege of learning from. My two WIPs are very close to my heart and something I would definitely consider sharing with the world. I firmly believe that the world deserves more clean reads, just as I firmly believe that a great way to influence the minds of youth in this day and age is through stories. I’m deeply interested in the psychological impact of a good story and my mission with my writing is to provide good examples in protagonists while showcasing morals given by God, without being explicitly religious. By writing fantasy that falls into the mainstream media category and appeals to all audiences, while making sure that there are deep truths and themes hidden within a seemingly ordinary story, I plan to do my part in turning people to God– one story and one young reader at a time.

CURRENT WIPs: (I’m not going to say much on what they’re actually about, but I’ll give an overview)

#1– A fantasy trilogy whose theme is that you don’t need to change yourself, your values, and your goals to become accepted by society. You are worthy of life and respect simply because you exist and you are human. Sometimes the greatest strength comes to letting down your disguise and shedding the person outside influences have created you to be.

#2– A little mermaid retelling that subtly addresses pro-life issues (without being explicitly preachy) as well as themes of Sacrificial Love, Duty, and honesty.

Anyway, that’s about all I got. Happy writing!

Trahia the Minstrel
      @trahia-the-minstrel
        • Total Posts: 193

Hi, @e-p-writes !

I’m Tráhia the Minstrel, and I think your goal is really cool! I’m glad to be the first person to welcome you to the Kingdom, especially since I only joined super recently myself 😊.

I also write YA fantasy with the hopes of shining God’s light into a genre that is mostly dark. I want clean reads for kids because as a homeschooler, I often wasn’t allowed to read books or watch shows because they weren’t suitable. My goal is to make an epic story that can be loved by teens but also appreciated and read by their younger siblings, as well😊.

Your WIPs sound cool! Loving them!

I think one of my favourite colours is pink. Though I also like a really good orange.😛

I’ve also read Harry Potter, when I turned 18 recently. I wasn’t completely happy with all the magic, and Harry being an angry ball of teenage angst annoyed me in the 5th book, but on the whole, I actually really loved the series, and binged it within a week. The ending of the series was especially good — I really loved that moment of Harry’s sacrifice. (You know the one I mean😉). I think I would definitely reread it sometime, though maybe at a slower pace.😂

Also, the writing was just good. As an objective critic of books these days, J.K Rowling did so well at pulling me into the story that I didn’t even think about looking at it critically. The characters felt very realistic, especially all the relationships between friends and family and things. I think that’s what made it so good — that and the fact she was a master of constant paying off a set-up and in doing so creating another, even bigger set-up. They were page turners, and as someone trying to learn about good writing, Harry Potter is an example of it even if you don’t approve of all the content.😊

Some welcome questions:

1. When did you start writing?

2. What’s your favourite animal?

3. What’s your favourite movie?

4. What are your hobbies outside of writing?

5. If you could choose between turning into a falcon or a dolphin, which would it be?

Nice to meet you!😁

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
        That’s my wish to create.

Anatra
        @anatra23
          • Total Posts: 211

@e-p-writes

Hullo! Welcome!

Blue is beautiful, but I gotta lean toward yellow.

I’ve only read the first couple Penderwick books when I was younger. At the time, I was forced to read them for school, so I should give them a try again!

YAY I’m abt the nightmares hunger games gave me,(yes, I was a weak little child when I read them) Hunger Games is very good. Most of it. We coulda gone with a little less love triangle drama, I think. But that’s just an opinion. Have you read Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes? It explained so much abt Snow.

I like Harry Potter too! J.K. Rowling is fabulous at maintaining a steady plot pace ( I envy her) and weaving in details from the beginning of her books to the end ones.

Your WIPs sound great!

You have some good book drive 😉

Anonymous

Hi @Trahia the Minstrel! Thanks for being the first person to welcome me 🙂 Glad we’re on the same page about Harry Potter–  though there are definitely some things to be concerned about, I do think that sometimes people forget it’s just a book, and a fantasy one at that. It’s also a really good example of how to carry a plot consistently throughout seven books encompassing seven years, which is absolutely crazy to think about. I don’t think I’d ever be able to pull together something that epic and yet still be cohesive lol. Total goals right there!

I started writing when I was about five years old. In kindergarten, I wrote a picture book series and it just took off from there 😂 I wrote my first full length novel in my middle school years (108K words, so proud of myself! That was before I realized that word count wasn’t everything lol.)

My favorite animal is a tie between a jellyfish and a bluejay. I just love watching jellyfish– they’re so hypnotic, and especially since a lot of my writing is sea-related, I have a soft spot for them. Blue jays, on the other hand, are just the PRETTIEST birds and they’ve always seemed to be native wherever I lived, so I’ve grown up loving them.

It’s just as hard to pick a favorite movie as it is to pick a favorite book, so I’ll just give a couple. I really, really enjoyed Disney’s live action remake of Cinderella, because I really liked the backstory and the way they portrayed femininity as something to admire (which isn’t always the case in a culture of feminists). I’ve always enjoyed Meet the Robinsons, mostly cause it’s just a cute movie that I’ve grown up with. More recent favorites are Father of the Bride (which is just hysterical) and Mrs. Doubtfire (I didn’t watch that one until I was seventeen for content reasons). But both of those are fantastically funny and sometimes you just need a good laugh 😂

My other hobbies are reading (a lot), studying the books I read (I firmly believe in both the science of storytelling and the emotional uniqueness of each individual writer), crocheting (I like to do the old fashioned crocheting with doilies and tapestries and such), and I love helping out at my church with religious education.

I would absolutely choose a dolphin, mostly because I’m afraid of heights, though I suppose I woudln’t be if I was a bird. But still a dolphin 🙂

Nice to meet you too 😉

Anonymous

Hi @Anatra! Thanks so much for welcoming me 🙂

Yeah, the Hunger Games can definitely give you nightmares. I didn’t read it until I was sixteen for that exact reason. I know some people who read it in like fourth grade and, honestly, if you’re not at an age to understand the paradox and satire of the whole situation, it just becomes a book of violence that turns into nightmares. Those kind of books really need maturity to understand and process that it’s not about violence, or a love story– it’s a critique and a way of making a point and giving a warning. Which gives me chills.

I really do think that, for all the violence, it is a great critique AGAINST violence. Where most fangirl over love interests in novels, I fangirl over themes lol, and if a book can make me cry, even better. I do agree that the love triangle was a bit overdone, simply because it is SUCH an overused trope, but I also have to remind myself that when the books were first written, there wasn’t a large dystopian population and YA didn’t have as large of a presence as it did now, so the love triangle was more unique back then. What I do wish was, since she was so determined to keep the love triangle, that she gave it a little more space at the end. I mean, that one guy (you know who I’m talking about) literally disappeared at the end of the third book with only one sentence of poor explanation. There should have been at least a scene resolving that where she actually MADE her choice or confronted him about *you know what happened, trying not to spoil*. But that’s just me being picky.

Though I absolutely love the character of Katniss. She is such a dynamic and interesting character. I also love, unpopularly, Haymitch, and Finnick is one of my all time favorite characters in literature.

have read the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes and… I was less than impressed, honestly. I loved getting to hear Snow’s backstory and it was good to get a glimpse into what the early Games were like. But. It was waaaaayyyyyyy too long to the point where it honestly was a chore to finish. The pacing was just off, which is so weird since the other three books are SO well paced. Snow got almost just as much stage time as Katniss’s entire trilogy, and I feel like we really didn’t need all of that. I also felt like, even though it was the story of the villain, evil was glorified too much in that story. With Katniss, it was an evil situation with a character that understood it was evil and wanted out of it but was forced to stay in it. With Snow, it almost felt like he started out semi-evil and just grew to be worse. It became violence for the sake of violence without a point– which isn’t good for young audiences. If he’d started out less morally-gray, I would have had less of a problem with it, but the lines were SO blurred in this story that it lost the original charm, for me. Not to mention THAT DARN NAME. Coriolanus? over and over again? Because we’re in third person? Not fun to read. My personal opinion was that, while it was a good idea, it could have been better. Cut about 30K or 50K words, speed up the plot, call him Coryo (his nickname), and give him more of an overall transformation. But yeah, that’s just my opinion. Lucy Gray, though, was the highlight for me. I absolutely loved her character and her songs and her overall persona. She was the reason I kept reading, and I loved the mystery of the ending. Did you think differently? I’d love to hear your thoughts 🙂

Anatra
              @anatra23

@e-p-writes

Oh yes, I agree with your love-triangle opinions. I read the books a year after my brother, and he and I spent hours talking about them. We both agreed you know who’s plot disappearance was poorly done, and he thinks that Katniss shoulda ended up with him(as opposed to boy with the bread) and on that, I still can’t decide if Katniss made the right choice. I never really got the impression she loved either of them indefinitely, which was kind of sad.

Also, we both kinda laughed a little at Jenifer Lawrence’s acting skills in the movies. Have you seen them? They stick to the plot pretty well, and I have some thoughts on them also, but I won’t spoil, just in case. Those CAMERA ANGLES THO oh, boy I love looking up Liam Hemswoth’s nose every five minutes of his screen time XD

My brother’s favorite character is also Haymitch. I get where you’re coming from, but don’t quite understand all that you admire about him. Idk, maybe I’m looking only at book one Haymitch.

It was a long book. I ate it up and spit it out within a few days tho, so I don’t remember exactly how long. It was a confusing week, lol. I do agree the pacing was messed up, but I only got lost a couple times! I loved every song tho! And the Hanging Tree. Beautiful. I was surprised we were able to see how deep that song went, but I’m happy with it, I think.
                Oh, but the ending was rushed. Lucy, my gurl.

I liked Coryo’s name. Tho, I was listening to other people pronounce it first, so I kinda knew XD
                Did you hear abt the movie?

Anatra
                @anatra23

oof that was really rushed, gtg sorry!

Anonymous

@anatra23

I haven’t seen the movies!! It’s on my watch-next list, though. I have a lot of younger siblings, which makes it hard to watch movies of that… nature. I’m also a very visual person, so I think I need time to reread the books and mentally prepare for actually seeing it. Though, honestly… I’d be glad to look up Liam Hemsworth’s nose any day 😂 I’ve seen pictures from the movies and, honestly, it was a mistake making Gale that attractive. Seriously. Especially since they made Peeta so… I don’t know. Not like the books? I don’t know. It’s hard to look at both of their pictures and imagining wanting to root for Peeta in the movies (which was my position throughout the whole trilogy)  Maybe I’ll have a different opinion after I watch them 😂

Honestly, it’s not Haymitch as a person that I love—he’s not a character to admire or anything. What I loved about Haymitch was how well-rounded, dynamic, complex, and consistent he was. It’s very rare that you have a Mentor archetype that both fulfills his role as a mentor while also being imperfect and struggling at the same time. It really is more of how well he was written than his actual character lol.

Yeah, the BoSaS was over 500 pages… with really small print. I did love the reference to the Hanging Tree. Honestly, I knew how to pronounce the name, I just had a hard time reading it over and over again. It’s like that one pretentious person you know in life (I’m sure you know one) who says the same long, complex word over and over again in a conversation. I just felt like the repetitiveness of that one long name made the book a) twice as long lol and b) a little stiff and awkward. It upset the cohesiveness of the narrative, in my opinion, but that’s just me. A lot of people have different opinions.

Wait, are they making a movie?? That’s crazy! What a fast turn around. Wasn’t the book only published earlier this year? Or was it last year? I don’t know, quarantine muddled all conception of time for me.

Now that this has turned more into a Hunger Games discussion lol, who are your favorite characters and why? Which character would you most like Suzanne Collins to write a prequel/standalone for? What was your favorite part about the books? What was the one thing you wish you could change about them? What did you learn about writing from reading the books?

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm
                      • Total Posts: 635

@e-p-writes

Welcome to KP! It’s fantastic to have you!

Yo, your favorite food are definitely top tier foods.

Blue used to be my favorite color, until I started liking other colors too much and now I’m just confused, haha.

I love The Hunger Games! Each time I read it I pick up on something new. I also love how deep the POV is and how the three books explore the very real scary effects of killing, violence, and war with Katniss’s slow dissent into madness throughout the three books. I tried reading A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, but errrr…. I just didn’t like any of the characters. Like at all. There was nothing good or special about them and the plot wasn’t particularly interesting, so I ended up never finishing it. Though I must say, the writing style was really nice. I liked how it had a lot of mystery and subtext. But yeah, I agree with what you said about it as well.

As for the Hunger Games movies… they are… okay? The first movie is pretty rough not gonna lie, but in the proceeding three movies the budget is way higher so they are much better. When my siblings and I watch the second movie after watching the first, we couldn’t stop saying throughout “BUDGET” lol. It’s cool seeing the story in visual form, but one of the best things about The Hunger Games for my is Katniss’s monologue which you obviously don’t get in the movies. I Still recommend the movies though. They are a good time.

Also, it’s kinda funny. Almost every person I know who has read The Hunger Games has gotten a nightmare about being in the Hunger Games including myself. So my siblings and I came up with a theory that it’s because it’s in first person present tense. So it really feels like you yourself are experiencing the events as you read. Because there are very few books in present tense, let alone first person present tense, and I feel like that might subconsciously mess with your mind.

Haha, this has turned into a Hunger Games discussion topic. XD I don’t mind at all, I could talk about The Hunger Games all day. They aren’t perfect, but they are so very interesting.

Anyway, what got you interested in writing?

Anonymous

@kathleenramm

Thank you so much for welcoming me!

The deep POV is definitely the best part about the Hunger Games. And yeah, that’s a really excellent theory that is probably true. I didn’t get nightmares from books—ever—until I read the Hunger Games. I think that’s what makes the book so good, is that if it was told any other way, it wouldn’t have been as powerful and impacting. There’s something about seeing through the eyes of a character—especially if you feel like you’re alike to that character in a lot of ways—that really hits an emotional nerve. I’ve always said that I wanted to write a novel in first present tense, but I think I need a little more growth as a writer before I do that, because if it’s not done right, it REALLY sticks out. I write in first person past tense, which I feel like has a little more grace when it comes to flaws. When you read a book in first present tense, if the narrative has a lot of flaws, they stick out like a sore thumb. It’s a lot easier to hide things with first person past. Anyway, I kept trying to figure out what about those books was so emotionally exhausting, and I’ve come up with a theory—when you write in first person past, every thing is in the past tense, obviously—“I said” “she said” etc. Which takes away some of the urgency because the event already happened, and obviously there was a resolution, or the protagonist wouldn’t be narrating at that moment. But with first person present tense, every thing is in the moment, “I say” “I do” etc. Which, I think subconsciously triggers an emotional in-the-moment feeling because we don’t know what happens, and neither does the protagonist. I don’t know, maybe that’s not the case, but that’s the only theory I could come up with.

I agree, she definitely had a more sophisticated writing style with the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. It felt almost lyrical, like a “ballad”, more  of a formal philosophy allegory rather than a political critique. I did enjoy the fact that Snow wasn’t made personable like Katniss was—the detached narration allowed me to still loathe him as a character 😊 I would have been mad if she had made him likeable. I too was at the point of almost not finishing it, but I’d read a review that said that the last ten minutes, though rushed, had a really good plot, so I ended up persevering. I’m glad I did. If the whole book had been written at the pace of the last two or three chapters, with the intense plot of the last three chapters, I would have been a happy camper. It’s honestly worth going to the last few chapters and just reading it. Even if you read a sparknotes synopsis or something beforehand so you have context.

Along with the Hunger Games discussion (lol, the turns conversations can take in a crazy writer forum), do you have a favorite character? Favorite scene of the books? Least favorite character? Least favorite part of the books? I’m pretty sure the entire writer world has read these books, so I’ve kind of given up on spoilers. Anyone who’s reading this who hasn’t read them, don’t read further lol.

What got me interested in writing was reading, honestly. I adored Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Keeper of the Lost Cities (the first six books only. Now they are a joke.) growing up, simply because it felt like I could sink into another world and not come out for a couple days. I moved a lot and I didn’t have many friends (homeschooled too, cherry on top lol), so I was mostly friends with the people in my books. Eventually, when I was twelve, I started realizing that I could create friends for other people too, so I wrote my first book. Now I write because I am absolutely disgusted at the lack of clean books for teen readers. I also am very interested in the psychology behind storytelling and how a seemingly secular book can either bring about good/bad actions/outlooks in the life of the reader. What I try to do with each book I write (I’ve written three full-length novels, none of which are ready for publishing, and I’m in the middle of two novels, more mature and likely publish-able ones, at the moment) is make sure it has a theme that’s not explicitly Christian but points the reader subconsciously on the path to morality. For example, my fantasy trilogy that I’m in the middle of writing is about a girl who is a nomadic apprentice—i.e., the poorest of the poor, slave to a slave, essentially. It’s about how she gets a chance to leave that lifestyle and discovers that she has been given special abilities, but she doesn’t know where they came from. My goal is to write the opposite of a “chosen one” trilogy, where the gifts given are meant for evil, not good. It’s about her learning her own dignity and worth apart from what “evil” has made her and rejecting the gifts she has been given as the only way to save her country.

The second book I’m working on is a standalone retelling of the Little  Mermaid. This is my pet project, so I don’t want to give away too much, but it’s told from two perspectives: the mermaid (I turned her into a siren for the purposes of this book) and the prince. In the end, it’s actually a critique of the “Culture of Death” and the practices of abortion and euthanasia, though of course on the surface being a normal book. That one is definitely YA fiction, with more mature themes, but I got the inspiration from the Hunger Games. Sometimes, an allegory in disguise as a normal teen book, is the best way to get your point across to a secular audience. I’m not writing it in first person present, though, because it’s in a fantasy realm and it just didn’t feel right. I wanted it to have a semi-detached feel while also being personable, so I chose first person past.

What books are you working on? How did you get started with writing? What is your goal with your writing?

Toodles! 😊

Bethany
                        @sparrowhawke
                          • Total Posts: 30

@e-p-writes

Hey! I’m Bethany and I’m just popping into say that your WIPs sound awesome, especially that little mermaid one! I also am working on a sort of reverse chosen one story.

I’ve read the Hunger Games trilogy and saw the first movie. I thought the movie was well-done and I’m glad most of the violence was off-screen ’cause I’m squeamish XD

Faith Q.
                          @faith-q
                            • Total Posts: 106

@e-p-writes,

Hi! I’m Faith, pen name Faith Elizabeth and real name Faith Quelle. I like to keep things simple 😛 Sorry I’m so late… but better late than never, right?

I write fantasy, too! But then again, I also write contemporary, historical, non-fiction and poetry books on the side, so that’s not saying much… Believe it or not, I’ve never actually watched The Little Mermaid. Call me crazy… yup. But this world seriously needs more books that cover pro-life issues! I’m planning on writing one of those someday… once I get around to my other WIPs. (And you have 75 novel ideas?!?!?!?!!!! That’s crazy!!!! I have 20-25 and I thought that was excessive.)

Also, I have read literally none of your favorite books except the Bible. Yup. I’m uncultured.

Ooh, really? How many countries have you been to? How many countries have you lived in? Are you planning on being an author someday? How many siblings do you have? If you could describe yourself in 7 words, what would they be?

And a bit about me (’cause if you’re anything like me, you like learning about the people you’re talking to… nonstop questions are a pain! And ’cause I like talking about myself. Can’t deny it.):

I’m a writer by trade. Also, a homeschooling student. And a full-time sister. And a PSEO student. And, in short, a very busy person.

I love words. I’m absolutely nuts about name meanings, and there will be NO strange name meanings in my future home… they’ll all be Joshuas and Alaythia’s and suchlike. I also like books (obviously), both writing and reading them. And the aforementioned poetry. And random, long-ish words to be used at opportune moments. And foreign languages, for that matter, especially American Sign Language (ASL) and Spanish.

Funny thing is, I don’t really like English.

I’m also technically supposed to be doing school right now, and this comment is taking a ridiculously long time to write, so I take my bows and depart. *waves happily and skips away*

Power
                            @power
                              • Total Posts: 292

–. .-. . . – .. -. –. … / .- -. -.. / … .- .-.. ..- – .- – .. — -. … @e-p-writes. — -.– / -. .- — . / .. … / .–. — .– . .-. –..– / -… ..- – / -.– — ..- / -.-. .- -. / -.-. .- .-.. .-.. / — . / .–. — .– . .-. .-.-.- / -.– . … / .. / .-.. .. – . .-. .- .-.. .-.. -.– / .— ..- … – / -.. .. -.. / – …. .- – / …. — / …. — .-.-.- / .. / …. — .–. . / -.– — ..- / …. .- …- . / .- / -… .-.. .- … – / — -. / -.- .–. .-.-.-

p.s. .. / .– .- … / – …. .. -. -.- .. -. –. / — ..-. / .– .-. .. – .. -. –. / – …. .. … / .. -. / -… .. -. .- .-. -.– –..– / -… ..- – / .. – / .– — ..- .-.. -.. / -… . / ..-. — .-. . …- . .-. / .-.. — -. –. .-.-.-

You will love what you spend time with.

Kathleen
                              @kathleenramm
                                • Total Posts: 635

@e-p-writes

Oof, yeah. Present tense first person isn’t something I’ve ever tried, but I can already see it going terribly wrong, haha.

The ending is pretty good? I was always a little curious about how it was going to end, but know I’m even more intrigued. I guess I’m going to have to finish it then!

As for your questions about The Hunger Games: My favorite character is Katniss although I do think Peeta is overhated and underrated. Least favorite character would be would the Makeup Crew  (minus Cinna). I think Suzanne wrote them to be annoying and um… she executed that well to say the least. My least favorite part would probably mid-way through Mockyingjay. Everything just felt very hopeless and depressing. Again, this was intentional, but it’s really hard to get through. Especially when you reread it and you know the ending.

What about you?

As for your questions about writing:

I’m currently in the beginning stages of solo novel, but mostly working on a novel with my siblings about 5 Criminals who disguise themselves as heroes to infiltrate a superhero school. One for money, one for secrets, two for a bounty hunt, and one to spy.

I started writing when I was seven years old because one, I thought it was so cool how my older siblings wrote full novels and two, I was sorely disappointed that my closet did not lead to Narnia. So writing was the second best option lol.

My goal for writing is to professorially publish a novel. That would be so awesome. Even if only two people read it, (with one being myself) there’s something so satisfying about having your beloved story be fully finished with a wonderful cover. I can’t wait for that day.

What about you?

@power

… ..- .–. .-.-.- / -. .. ..-. – -.– / –. .. .-. .- ..-. ..-. . / …. . .-. . .-.-.- / .. / .– .- -. – / .–. .- -. -.-. .- -.- . .-.-.-

Anatra
                                @anatra23

@e-p-writes

I can respect those opinions 😉

154 thousand words is the general estimated amount here. Yea, I didn’t realize it was so long. My bro and I were sorta in a “who can read it the fastest and still have the most intelligent things to say despite sleep deprivation” contest. It happens more often than you’d think. Over most of it, I loved to hate Snow in the trilogy, and almost sympathized with him in the prequal.

Yea, the movie is said to be coming out around 2023 or early 2024. Or it was, I think before extensive covid research :p

Can I answer with favorite characters over all the books? I liked Lucy, but not like favorite character material for me, I think. I would’ve considered Rue, but she simply didn’t have the time given to develop, tho I like her character placement. Katniss did develop pretty well, her morals were well-founded, and she was pretty smart(a little unnecessary love drama had me raising my eyebrows), also there’s Cinna who I liked, and I think mentored Katniss in her morals excellently. Also there’s Buttercup. How could I forget?

Also, pErcY JacKsoN?
                                  I’m really sorry, I see that name and get too exited XD
                                  How many of the books have you read?

@kathleenramm

XD that makes so much sense! My brother and I kind of laughed and went “tsk tsk camera” every time we got a clear view of someone’s backside as they were running in the first movie. Sometimes the action scenes were pretty blurry.

@faith-q

I’ve never seen it either!

@power

I feel the need to spend twenty minutes translating mentally but should I?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >