@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your favorite thing about creative writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm Aww thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed! I’m hoping to finish my next one in a few days but unfortunately I feel like I don’t have the same control over longer works than I do shorter works. You know?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What is your favorite thing about creative writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
Love the way you put that. One of the most unique things about being human is the ability to create, and to glorify God through art.
Oh, and I never got to tell you my thoughts on your web novel! It was awesome! It wasn’t like anything I have read before, and although it was short, the friendships and emotions hit. The…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Howdy folks! in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 1 month ago
@lewilliams Hello!
-I love language as well. And I find it a pity that when I’m translating things, I can’t bring over the exact feeling that words convey in one language to another language.
-I want to see your cat now. The Most Excellent Theophilus…love the name.
-What instruments do you play?
-I wish I lived in the South.
-Blimey Cow is…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your favorite thing about creative writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm I’ve never really thought about this, but I guess just the fact that I can create something, and this thing that I’ve created is my own. In the end, it’s just a bumble of incoherent thoughts in my mind, but it’s mine, to enjoy or to destroy or to do whatever I want in it. As I’m reminded by J.R.R. Tolkien’s essay on fairy tales, we…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@leon-fleming XD As a person who finds herself hating well-liked books from time to time, I am quite interested in hearing why you hate it. Do I sense a story hear?
-
Kathleen started the topic What is your favorite thing about creative writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
What is your favorite thing about creative writing?
For me, it’s spending time getting to know and explore interesting characters and new worlds. The best writing sessions for me are the ones where I feel like I’m being transported into a new world and I’m the main character. Through words I can go on adventures and meet cool people and do cool…[Read more] -
Kathleen replied to the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
I also enjoyed the LotR much more. I liked the Hobbit, but it was definitely geared more towards children. Not a bad thing, I just prefer more serious books. So I do like the LotR more than the Narnia series as well, but if I had to only choose one author to be a student of, it would still be C.S. Lewis for the reasons I said in my…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Time to share my story!!! in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 1 month ago
Just about finished reading it! I will give you my feedback soon.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What piece of writing advice changed the way you write the most? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
My parents use “…” all the time when they text or email me. XD Not really related, but I thought it was a funny coincidence.
The mind mapping tactic is something that I have learned just recently. I used to write SUPER detailed outlines of my novels, but then I would get so invested into the main character’s POV that they would…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic So… I exist. in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 1 month ago
Welcome to the forum!
*tips fancy hat in regard*
Hhmmmm… What should I ask…
What is your favorite genre to read in?
Have you written many novels or are you just starting out?
Where do you live? (If your fine sharing)
When did you start writing and what made you start?
And most importantly… What is your opinion on…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic My Book – Now Free! in the forum Publishing & Platform 6 years, 1 month ago
Yay! I just downloaded it and can’t wait to start reading.
However, it may take me awhile to finish since I’m reading more books than anyone should be reading at a given moment. XD
Congrats again! You inspire me to start typing away at my novel and finish it!
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hi, I guess? 😛 in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 1 month ago
Bennett is MUCH better than Barrett. The more I think about the name Bennett the more I like it.
Not 100% If the name will be the finale choice, (I might want a more modern sounding name), but it’s definitely an upgrade from Barrett. Thanks!
-
Kathleen replied to the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
Yes Focus on the Family did a great job with those! I’ve read the books at least twice, but listened to the audio drama countless times. XD
Some of the best books are the ones that change the way you write. (Except for the awful books that teach you how NOT to write.) I too love it when I read amazing piece of…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm Definitely, definitely Ray Bradbury. Ever since I read Fahrenheit 451 I have learned how to spell Fahrenheit and have fallen in love with his prose. Every time I write after I read his work I am just filled with something that possess my hand to write long descriptive sentences.
-
Kathleen started the topic If you could be a student of any Author, who would it be? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
If you could be a student of any Author, (past or the present), who would it be?
My answer is C.S. Lewis. I’ve loved his fiction books for as long as I can remember. And more recently, have now fallen in love with his non-fiction works.What I like best about is writing is how imaginative and creative it is, and how seamlessly he weaves his…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's a genre of fiction you want to write in, but haven't yet? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
Ooooh, that is a cool genre. Do you have a favorite literary fiction book?
Yes, the struggle for creative writers. We want to stick to being creative and just create new worlds, stories, and characters, and avoid the research aspect like the plague.XD
Ooooh I love stories taking place in ancient Rome! I’ve only…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Time Period Writing in the forum Historical 6 years, 1 month ago
Although I like trying out a lot of different time periods, present day is my favorite.
Mainly because I obviously know that time period the best, so it’s easier to write the world and characters. It’s also easier to put myself in the characters shoes since their life isn’t drastically different from mine. But whenever I do write in…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What made you start writing stories? How old were you when you started? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 2 months ago
This captivating story by your 3 year old self has got me hooked! I have so many questions…
WHO exactly is this girl?
WHAT kind of grapes did the girl eat? Green? Purple? Did it have seeds, or was it seedless?
WHEN did this all take place?
WHERE was she when she ate the grapes? Where did she go when walked away from the…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Anyone Interested in a Free Book? in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 2 months ago
Totally going to read this!
The synopsis sounds really cool, and FREE BOOK! Wow! Awesome! I love free stuff. (With exceptions of course, I quite dislike free poisonous blueberry cheesecake).
How did you get the idea for this story? Did something inspire you, or did the idea come out of nowhere?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic I’m publishing a book… in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 2 months ago
Ooooh, this sounds really cool!
Congrats on getting your book published! Are you self-publishing it, or are you publishing it traditionally? Can’t wait to read more about your novel!
- Load More
