Time to share my story!!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Time to share my story!!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Black
    @michelle
      • Total Posts: 87

@hobbitchild Hi:) That’s so cool! I will have to get it when it comes out *sets reminder*  I am actually going to try and publish it the traditional way. Self-publishing is great too. What kinds of children’s books do you write?

Also, OH MY GOSH A CAT! you have a cat as your profile pic! so cute XD is it your pet?:)

Hobbitchild
      @hobbitchild
        • Total Posts: 32

@michelle I’ve never published a book so this is new to me XD. I write for educational fiction for a school curriculum, and I focus on writing middle-school age stories. I sent one version of my first chapter of my book to a famous author, Andrew Clements, who, sadly, died shortly after. He replied before he died though and said the chapter made him want to read more which was very encouraging!

Yes, that was my family’s cat 😰 He died when he was five years old. He was so sweet!

What is the subject of your book?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Hobbitchild.
        WarrenLuther04
        @warrenluther04
          • Total Posts: 270

@michelle Hey! I finished your book; it was really sweet! Quick question: where do you want me to answer the feedback questions? On here, or on the book doc itself in the comments or something?

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
          ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Michelle Black
          @michelle

@warrenluther04 You finished it?!!! Thanks for reading it:) You can tell me the feedback right here:)

WarrenLuther04
            @warrenluther04

@michelle Sweet 😀

Do you think it’s publishable? Definitely!

Does it keep your interest? Yep! My only minor suggestion would be to make the rats pop up a little more in the story. They’re kind of just in there for the first chapter and then never mentioned again, which to me felt kinda awkward … but that might just be me being overly picky lol. Maybe just throw in a mention of them somewhere later, like maybe at the fair? Like I said, though, it might just being too picky and it’s probably not necessary 😅

Who is the most relatable character? I think I’m gonna have to go with Freddy on this one … partially because of him accidentally sending Hilda sliding along the floor during the dance. Some of my friends and I learned how to swing dance awhile back and I wasn’t the most coordinated lolol. Other than that, I think I’m going to go with Al, especially with his chapter. I feel like you captured the worry of being replaced by a new friend really well.

All in all, I think it’s a really cute story! Nice job!

Michelle Black
              @michelle

@warrenluther04 I totally see what you mean:) the rats need to have a mention in one of the other stories, Because like you said we never hear of them again *gives you a gold medal* that is a great piece of feedback. Let me tell you the story of how this book started, I always wanted to write a children’s book since I was little but when I tried, nothing worked not even the characters. So when I was to write a story for homeschooling, I thought, I should make the characters animals, And right then and there I thought why not use my stuffed animals for the story (Friend, Eddy, Al, and Hilda, are my stuffed animals whom I love… Yes I am turning 19 on the 25th, but I still can’t get enough of them) Freddy is my top favorite stuffed animal because I had him when I was a toddler:) So he absolutely had to be the main character AKA leader of the pack.

As for Al, he is a lot like me lol. (this is about to take a dark turn lol) but when I was little I felt excluded a lot when I was at church, all the other kids wouldn’t really talk to me, I would usually have to push myself to talk because they wouldn’t. They would be playing a game and I would be standing by them trying to open my mouth to talk to them and ask to join, but every time I did, I KID YOU NOT lol, nothing would come out. They acted like a wasn’t even there, we would change churches a lot because it made me sad every Sunday to be ignored. But things changed when I was 11, I got involved in Christian groups at other churches:) (this is funny but I always say, “I can make friends at club groups and online, but I can’t at church or youth group lol XD I know I am weird. When I make friends at groups I get scared when a new person comes into the group because I am worried they would like them more than me and I would be replaced. My biggest fear is being abandoned. But hey that has never happened:)  So yeah I pulled from some experiences. *Puts hands on face and screams* Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I just told you all that XD

Thank you so much for reading my story it really meant a lot to me.

Michelle Black
                @michelle

@erinramm @kathleenramm Hi girls have you finished Freddy and friends yet? I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts:D

Hobbitchild
                  @hobbitchild

@michelle

Is Freddy and Friends your book?

Michelle Black
                    @michelle

@hobbitchild Oh yes, it is my book:) Would you like to read it? What is the name of your book that is out?

Hobbitchild
                      @hobbitchild

@michelle

Sure, that would be great!! Though, I would rather not post my email on a public forum if that’s the way to get it.

Selah CJW
                        @selah-chelyah
                          • Total Posts: 245

@michelle

You literally finished Freddy and Friends and DIDN’T EVEN TAG ME??? XP Really? That is so absolutely awesome! Send it to me, girl! sierrajulietgy6@gmail.com Can’t WAIT to read it! 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Selah CJW.

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

Michelle Black
                          @michelle

@selah-chelyah *looks over who I tagged, then jaw drops to the floor* I AM SO SORRY!!!  I will send it to now at once:) I haven’t seen you on the form in a long time, how is life with COVID 19? also, I love your profile pic, it’s awesome. Girl, I don’t know how you find the most awesome pictures to use.  YOU DIDN’T TELL ME YOU HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!! LOL.

Michelle Black
                            @michelle

@hobbitchild Let me see what I can do for you….. Try this:)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w9Tj5_RImpZl61iZAdlJ1uSYp5eRatp_1zkoRG-aoeM/edit

I do have a time I need this read. The date will be August 30th

I would also love feedback on it.

Thanks for reading

Kathleen
                              @kathleenramm
                                • Total Posts: 635

@michelle

Just about finished reading it! I will give you my feedback soon.

WarrenLuther04
                                @warrenluther04

I totally see what you mean:) the rats need to have a mention in one of the other stories, Because like you said we never hear of them again *gives you a gold medal* that is a great piece of feedback. Let me tell you the story of how this book started, I always wanted to write a children’s book since I was little but when I tried, nothing worked not even the characters. So when I was to write a story for homeschooling, I thought, I should make the characters animals, And right then and there I thought why not use my stuffed animals for the story (Friend, Eddy, Al, and Hilda, are my stuffed animals whom I love… Yes I am turning 19 on the 25th, but I still can’t get enough of them) Freddy is my top favorite stuffed animal because I had him when I was a toddler:) So he absolutely had to be the main character AKA leader of the pack.

As for Al, he is a lot like me lol. (this is about to take a dark turn lol) but when I was little I felt excluded a lot when I was at church, all the other kids wouldn’t really talk to me, I would usually have to push myself to talk because they wouldn’t. They would be playing a game and I would be standing by them trying to open my mouth to talk to them and ask to join, but every time I did, I KID YOU NOT lol, nothing would come out. They acted like a wasn’t even there, we would change churches a lot because it made me sad every Sunday to be ignored. But things changed when I was 11, I got involved in Christian groups at other churches:) (this is funny but I always say, “I can make friends at club groups and online, but I can’t at church or youth group lol XD I know I am weird. When I make friends at groups I get scared when a new person comes into the group because I am worried they would like them more than me and I would be replaced. My biggest fear is being abandoned. But hey that has never happened:)  So yeah I pulled from some experiences. *Puts hands on face and screams* Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I just told you all that XD

@michelle
                                  Hehe thanks, glad I could help! 😀 Also that’s a really neat way to get inspiration for a story!

Oh man, I can totally relate to that. I love my main church, but I never really fit in with the youth groups there. But once I got into high school (well, sophomore year actually) some of my friends convinced me to go to their youth group at one of the other churches in my city and it’s amazing there.
                                  I think it’s really good that you’re able to draw from personal experiences when you’re writing a story. It makes it more realistic, and I also think it helps get stuff off your chest. Sooooooo … yea lolol.

And of course! I’m happy to read and look over stories … provided I have free time haha!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >