@whalekeeper
Active 2 days, 10 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
Loopy replied to the topic Hello Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years ago
@whalekeeper *gasp* Someone else who wants to do animating! 😍Same, I’ve literally only ever done one animation before and it wasn’t that great, definitely need practice. Though, I think most animated tv show creators have a team of animators and they just do the directing and writing, idk. 🤷♀️
Currently I’ve been working on a comedy about two b…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Scribles from a Natalian Scribe (Green Ember Fanfics) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Thank you!!! I’m really glad you like it.
I completely understand! (Why else would I do a huge warning about the spoilers?) The books are awesome, and yeah, you definitely don’t want to spoil the plot twists.
No, it would seem I can’t.
All right, I’ll just have to leave you to your own…[Read more]
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
@whalekeeper your grandpa’s cabin sounds so cool!! I’ve always wanted a hunting cabin full of taxidermy 😀 I would love an elk mount like that! I currently only have a little mule deer mount, but I didn’t hunt him. Also, I’m in love with your art style!! That girl is so adorable, she’s got so much personality! I love all the swirls and fun…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
Oh, I see now.
I really like that! Goodness if I could do shapes like those XD
If I’m doing something modeled after a specific thing (like a movie character or animal) then yea, I prefer reference images. But for something in my head, I don’t usually. So I’m not at all sure how I’d draw my human oc’s XD
-
Anatra replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
@whalekeeper
Lol
Do you use reference pictures often for drawing characters? -
Anatra replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
Why have I never considered drawing my oc’s? This is brilliant XD
These are so cool! Aww your deer’s beautiful. I really like your art styles : )
Your water colors look very good. I always forget to use the proper water color paper whenever I draw, so I end up with something that looks like its trying to–very wrinkly–…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@freedomwriter76 @koshka @godlyfantasy12 @elishavet-pidyon @whalekeeper @queen_of_alvastia @anyone I missed
Was the tissue box fort here?? Cause I want to come in now.
And here’s why:
This is Hunter. He’s technically not my character. If you’re in the Character Castle, he’s the brother of Crosshair.

Yeah…this is the expression he had…[Read more]
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
@whalekeeper thank you so much! 🥰 I’m glad you like it!
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic What's your most recent writing-related web search? 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@whalekeeper lol I love how random that is
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 1 month ago
I have, but only two, and one of them has changed in appearance since then, but I so, so want to do more!
I intend to try to draw one of my MCs, Viktor, next. If I am able to draw him, I’ll try to share it.
If you want to share any of your drawings, I’d love to see them.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Inspo Exchange in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
“You will never sleep again;
though you will never stop dreaming.
The end can only follow the beginning.”*embodiment of what I hope to write;-;*
Yeesssss I love it so much!
lol writing prompt number sixty one perfect realistic sibling relationship XD
-
Lydia S. started the topic Inspo Exchange in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Hey, ya’ll!
Lydia, here. 🙂 So, I thought it’d be fun to start an inspiration exchange thread!
This is a place where we can all dump interesting photos or dialog prompts we happen to find or come up with, and it’s also somewhere where we can resort to if we need inspiration! Post as many prompts/pictures as you’d like, but please make sure they…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Pacing Problems – Help? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
So I might not be getting the problem *exactly* correct, but if you’re having a hard time with the pacing of your story, I’m gonna recommend to try plotting it out. Plotting doesn’t have to be all that complicated at all! Basically, there are certain major points that need to happen in every story besides just beginning, middle, and…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Pacing Problems – Help? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
I hope this will be helpful…
- Loosely plot your book out on note cards, with about how much time in the storyline you think that section should take.
- If things are going to fast, step back and try writing a character point by point through a scene. Add some description or dialogue.
- If they’re going too slow, look for…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Y'all…I'm gonna need Advice. in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
Yep, I’m doubled. =) If you ever have any questions, I can try to answer. (Within reason, of course)
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic Book Topic Updates in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
@koshka thank you! Not even Grammarly caught that. There is more to the story, that snippet isn’t actually supposed to be the first scene. Bronwen is hunting rocky mountain elk in late autumn when she realizes she made a mistake whil navigating and she can’t find her way back; then the rest of the story is just an excuse to write about…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic How to Portray Adoptive Parents Realistically in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
I really don’t have experience with this, whether in life or in writing. However, I do have some friends that are part of a large family where each of them was adopted. As well as a family in our church that fostered to adopt. Adoption is beautiful, and I love it in a book.
I’ll tag @joy-caroline , because she has some knowledge…[Read more]
-
AnnabethKatherineWingfeather replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper that’s so funny your family has the same thing! Ever since my great-grandmother it’s been a funny coincidence- I’m only fourteen, but already feeling the pressure for when I get married and have kids lol!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @queen-of-alvastia I was wondering what an only child would get!
-
Queen_of_Alvastia replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper
I guess he would be a High King? Since he can’t be Warden for anyone? - Load More
