Y’all…I’m gonna need Advice.

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Y’all…I’m gonna need Advice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Y’all…I didn’t think or know if it would happen…but…I’m going back to a old book Idea I had years ago. Right now, my main WIP’s, especially Freedom’s Fire, isn’t coming along too well. (I’m in a big Writer’s block for it right now) And today, the book idea came back…with more to it. And the reason I’m saying I may need advice is because it is…Fantasy. 

Originally, it was just a romance between the prince, Michael, and a middle-class young woman, Josephine. It, just today, has changed. Yeah, it happened fast. XD

Now, I’m including a villain, Acheron, and two more MC’s, Jared and Alden.

Jared is a slave to Acheron. (Acheron is an Evil Conqueror)

And Alden is a man, King Darvian’s (Michael’s father) retainer, who was set free from the clutches of Acheron by The Light when Alden realized he was actually imprisoned when a man spoke to him about The Light and pointed out who Acheron really was. (because he didn’t realize it. He thought he was “free”. Jared isn’t quite the same. He recognizes his bondage but has been told and accepts that he is just “supposed” to be bound to Acheron. He wouldn’t try to escape, because there is no escape for someone who is where they belong) After he met that man, Alden felt something inside, a tug, a voice, and eventually realized his bondage. He ran away, escaped,

Anywho, that’s some thoughts. I’m gonna post some character inspo pics. What do y’all think of the idea so far? 🙂

@elishavet-pidyon
      . @koshka. @godlyfantasy12. @queen_of_alvastia. (I can’t think of anyone else that writes fantasy, lol. XD)

Anonymous

Anywho! Character Inspo! This is Michael:

Anonymous

Josephine:

Anonymous

Alden: (the scar was the mark put on him by Acheron to symbolize his bondage. Now, Alden sees it as a mark of his deliverance)

Anonymous

King Darvian (Michael’s Father):

Anonymous

Jared: (the collar around his neck is there to “remind him who he belongs to” Only Acheron has the keys that can unlock it)

Anonymous

Wilhelm, Michael’s Tutor/Mentor:

Anonymous

Acheron:

Anonymous

Zayn and Wayne, two knights of King Darvian’s. Twin Brothers. Couldn’t be any more different. XD (Zayn is the white haired one, Wayne the black-haired):

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1427

@freedomwriter76

Welcome to this side of the Kingdom! *Hands you a slice of cream pie*

Ooo, True Fantasy! (Or at least that’s what I call it)

It sounds good. Is it still a romance, or is that now a subplot? Is there magic in this world?

Also, do you need any help with anything?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. OOH, thank you! *gratefully takes the cream pie*

Aww, thank you! The romance is more of a subplot now, but Michael and Josephine still fall in love and (in the end) get married. 😉

There is no magic. I don’t read Fantasy because of the Magic, and I don’t believe fantasy needs magic to be great. 😀

Hmm…can’t think of anything about Fantasy right now, the genre, but maybe some advice on writing Twins for Zayn and Wayne. XD

Koshka
                          @koshka

Alsooooo…hehe…

Interesting pictures…

(Also, do you know the Russian is the top left corner on the first picture means On the Edge? It’s making me wonder what that means.)

Anonymous

@koshka. Oh, and…uhm…what do you mean by True Fantasy? I’m a little confused. XD

Anonymous

@koshka. Yes, very interesting. 😉

(I don’t. I don’t know Russian, though I wished I did. XD That’s cool! Hmm…now I’M curious. XD)

Koshka
                                @koshka

@freedomwriter76

Good! That does make a big difference in the layout.

Exactly. I’ve seen it used well (Narnia, Wingfeather) and I’ve seen it otherwise (let’s not go there). It’s a tool in writing that needs a lot of control, if that makes sense.

What I call True Fantasy; not exactly an allegory, but still a parable of sorts. A tale of truth even if none of it is based off of real events. A true fiction.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >