@whalekeeper
Active 2 days, 5 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
@arien @starofthenorth @theloonyone @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @esther-c @whalekeeper @orielle21 @booksandbeakers @freedomwriter76
Next chapter! It’s a long one! I should probobly break it into two. XD
***
Jonathan Ledger walks down the large circular tunnel. His boots create an echo against the metal flooring with each step. He…[Read more]
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic Annie Adams: A Historical Fiction Novella in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin @wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ava-blue @folith-feolin @power @sarafini @madelyn @arien @booksandbeakers @lewilliams
Next Post…..Part Two of the Annie Adams story. Enjoy. Or ignore.…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
@arien @starofthenorth @theloonyone @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @esther-c @whalekeeper @orielle21 @freedomwriter76
@booksandbeakers ( I know you said you weren’t super tech savy, so I figured I’d make sure you knew how to find all the chapters here, there’s roughly ten and I wasn’t sure you’d read them all, because your reply was…[Read more]
-
Lydia S. replied to the topic Just for fun: charrie edition in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, thank you for popping in! I read some of your writing in another topic, and I really enjoyed it. 🙂 It’s nice to meet you!
FREEDOOOOOOOMMMM!!! *hugs you back* So glad to be chatting with you again! And I had a lovely Christmas, thanks for asking! How about you?
lol No problem! I’ve only ever listened to…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper That’s cute! I can’t draw like that. My style is somewhere between realistic and cartoonish.
Here’s some art of Blue from Jurassic World making friends with clone commando Hunter from Star Wars…….sorta random but it helps show my style…….

-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper @lewilliams yeah I liked the “magic” system. It didn’t seem like magic to me. I could totally see it being a supplement to the way the world works, not an outright replacement. Especially since the elves are so much more powerful than humans.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper I read through the series in, like, two weeks? Over a year ago? So my memory is a little fuzzy 😛
Overall, I would give series was a solid B+. Like, there were things that irked me (for instance, some of the humor felt…off. Like, Sophie’s supposed to be saving the world and struggling through all these things, and the next page is…[Read more]
-
Lydia S. started the topic Just for fun: charrie edition in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Hello, friends!
I have not been particularly active lately what with #adulting and all that, so I wanted to pop in and hang out with you all for a little bit. <3333
This is a modified blog tag that I’m borrowing from the lovely Sarah Baran at TheSarcasticElf.com (seriously, if you don’t follow her blog, go do that right now; it’s full of wit,…[Read more]
-
Orielle2023 started the topic Annie Adams: A Historical Fiction Novella in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin @wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ava-blue @folith-feolin @power @sarafini @madelyn @arien @booksandbeakers @lewilliams
Here is a little something for anyone who likes historical fiction…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Thank you!!
@booksandkeepers
Thanks! That scene was one of my favorite to write, and I really felt like it was coming from the heart (I hope you get what I mean, that sounds cringy lol).
Thanks for the feedback! It’s hard for me to imagine what you guys remember. He’s showed up a couple of times, but hasn’t had any real…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
@arien @starofthenorth @theloonyone @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @esther-c @whalekeeper @orielle21
@freedomwriter76 (Might want to go back a bit before reading this section 😁)
@booksandbeakers I post chapters of my WIP (“Afterthoughts”, working title) here if you ever feel like reading! Critiques are welcome, although I’d recommend…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
I’m going to tag some other KeePers… 😀
@arien @orielle21 @starofthenorth @freedomwriter76 @folith-feolin @madelyn @theloonyone @loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @whalekeeper
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
@arien @starofthenorth @theloonyone @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @esther-c @whalekeeper
I post chapters of my WIPÂ (“Afterthoughts”, working title) here sometimes, if you are interested. I’d recommend starting at the beginning of the forum if you feel like reading. No pressure, just if you are interested! Critiques are…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper Good idea, let’s talk more about KOTLC!
I like the series, but being a science person, I wasn’t a huge fan of how she doesn’t explain the natural laws of the world. Like okay, I get that the theory of relativity is way off in the KOTLC universe, but what theory do they have in place to explain its [real] effects?
Or the periodic…[Read more]
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin @wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ava-blue @folith-feolin @power @sarafini @madelyn
Enjoy the story if you care to read it….and please critique it as honestly as possible!! &…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
YAY I CAN HELP WITH THIS!!
So my father is preacher, and a teacher on liberties, and finding your own, etc.
He does teach against Witchcraft, and believes Harry Potter delves into that, but also believes people must find their own liberties and we’re not going to hate or shun you for reading it obviously, b…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Help, I Don't Understand Keepers of the Lost Cities in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper Not exactly. My parents wouldn’t let me read harry potter but were fine with KOTLC.
-
Felicity replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I think it’s awesome that your dad let you research and determine that it wasn’t the right thing for you 😊 I guess you could say it’s a combination of things for you, and if it’s not your thing on a preference level, that’s cool.
Yes, definitely a combo for me. 😀 I don’t read much fantasy except LOTR and Chronicles of Narnia. H…[Read more]
-
Folith-Feolin replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper
ThanksI was scared I would be too crazy also I have always wanted to write one of those things like on common sense media. I do believe I got carried away though.
- Load More
