-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@everyone
Okay, I’m going to introduce my character now, but I’ll wait to RP till I get a bit of a debriefing about what is happening.
Vlydiana Hsrinar
(Pronounced Vlid-ee-on-a Hsree-nar. The Hrinien people are very fond of mashing consonants together, as you can see. Luckily for everyone else’s characters, she goes by Vlydia (like the name…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
I found it very interesting. I knew that man was the king literally the moment he appeared. Maybe I’m just good at that sort of guessing, because I don’t think it was super obvious, but just so you’re aware. I’m assuming you don’t want most readers to realize that right away? You might want to somehow make it a little less obv…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think I get it. I’m probably always going to read it in my head as “realm” with an n (nothing sounds wrong about that to me) just cause that’s how it looks. So it’s basically just that there’s a bit of separation between the vowels in the middle? Or do you actually pronounce a sharp “EE” sound in there? Is it more like the word “real”, but…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Heist (RP) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I can’t think of anything right now, (although I do still have to introduce my new character), but I might later. If someone else wants to, go ahead.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I must correct something I said earlier. I got the schedule for the books off a bit.
Here is the schedule, copy-pasted from the source:
December 2024: Wind and Truth
Spring 2025: Skyward Legacy One(?)
December 2025: White Sand Novel/Dark One(?)
Spring 2026: Skyward Legacy Two(?)
December 2026: Skyward Legacy Three(?)
December 20…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The story overall was good. I’m not sure the framing device you used was necessary. There are a few typos and awkward sentences, but I won’t bother pointing them out unless you would like me to. I feel like you were a bit heavy on getting the “moral” across. It might be better to let Nahim/the reader figure it out on his/their own. The act…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I finished Dawnshard. It was pretty good, but since I don’t think anyone else on here has read it yet, I’ll hold my comments.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think Sef and Chase are basically done talking (so are Liv and Lukas)…so sure!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, Rylee loves her dog named Bear, and just animals and general XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Here’s another thing I’m wondering about with time dilation: aging.
You might think the answer is simple: negative dilation makes you age slower, and positive dilation makes you age faster. But what causes aging? From my understanding, it’s largely caused by cosmic rays from outer space. Because of that, I think that Positive Dilation will …[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Mistborn in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I also read the Eleventh Metal and Allomancer Jak. I’m not going to say much about them, because there isn’t much to say.
The Eleventh Metal is one scene long, and it doesn’t have anything particularly useful to say. It’s still fun, but nothing amazing.
Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Etania is even more useless. It’s supposed to be funny, bu…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Mistborn in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Here are my thoughts on Mistborn Secret History. I’ll note from the beginning that I had already been spoiled on most of the important things in this book, and that I’m sure it would have been far more enjoyable if I didn’t know anything beyond Mistborn Era 1 and 2.
There are two big issues that jump out at me. First is that it feels disjo…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Okay, so, having read Edgedancer, here are some thoughts on it.
I would say that everything in it was just decent. Decent character development, decent plot, et. There isn’t too much to say. For me having already read OB and RoW, it wasn’t particularly enjoyable, because everything in it was stuff I could piece together pretty easily. You…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh this is so fun! Yeah, it’s after Christmas, but I’m answering anyway. XD
how do you celebrate Christmas Eve/Christmas?
Typically our church has a Christmas Eve service, so we’ll go to that. For Christmas Eve dinner, we’ll eat finger foods and we make a punch with Hawaiian Punch, 7-UP, and orange sherbet. Then there’s this cute…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
I know this is late, but I’ll be praying for him too. That’s tough. ❤️
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@everyone
What do y’all think about switching parnters for the next dance? Of course you can finish up your conversations and such though. 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Lukas
He shrugged. “Well when I heard about the dance I didn’t really want to go, but when…” he trailed, catching himself before saying something embarrassing. “Yeah, I think I’d still want to go as long as you do.”
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
I love both of those!! I can tell so much about these charries just from their boards.
And I’m assuming Rylee loves dogs or something like that…? She sounds pretty cool. 😏
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
@jonas @highscribeofaetherium @beth-torres @anyoneelseinthatchat….
Throwback to the time you guys had a conversation without me and I spammed the chat!
Go to this link and scroll to the bottom…. https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/character-party/page/240/you’re welcome!!! hehe
- Load More

I’m still trying to forget.
hehe
😂
That pic at the bottom is hard to unsee
i know!!!! XD