Stormlight Archive

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Stormlight Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Cloaked Mystery
    @jonas
      • Total Posts: 2624

Okay, so, having read Edgedancer, here are some thoughts on it.

I would say that everything in it was just decent. Decent character development, decent plot, et. There isn’t too much to say. For me having already read OB and RoW, it wasn’t particularly enjoyable, because everything in it was stuff I could piece together pretty easily. You’re supposed to read the book when the only thing you’ve seen of Lift is the interlude in WoR, but I’ve already seen a lot more. I’m expecting Dawnshard to be more interesting, although nothing mind blowing, because I’ll admit that I haven’t avoided spoilers for either of these.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
      ✨ Magic System Creator
      🎭 Character RPer
      📚 Appreciator of Books

Cloaked Mystery
      @jonas

I finished Dawnshard. It was pretty good, but since I don’t think anyone else on here has read it yet, I’ll hold my comments.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
        ✨ Magic System Creator
        🎭 Character RPer
        📚 Appreciator of Books

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22
          • Total Posts: 759

@jonas

I’ve read them both, and enjoyed both, what were your other thoughts?

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
          And guess what? His is eternal (:

Cloaked Mystery
          @jonas

@princesachronicle22

I had mostly similar thoughts about Dawnshard. It was more enjoyable, than Edgedancer, for me, because the events weren’t things that I had already figured out based on later books. As I said before, I didn’t avoid spoilers for this book, so there was nothing shocking. The information about dawnshards is what interests me most, as they are not talked about in any other books, except one that I haven’t read yet. I’ve done a lot of theorizing about the dawnshards themselves (I’m pretty sure I know what two of the others are), but I also think that the dawnshards have a relation to the Shards of Adonalsium. The mural in Dawnshard depicts “the sun” (which presumably represents Adonalsium) being shattered into four pieces, each of which is further divided into four more. Since that gives us sixteen, I (and most people) assume that the dawnshards are related to the shards, four shards per dawnshard. The fact that Dawnshard confirms one of them to be Change strengthens the theory, because there are three known shards that easily fit into that category. There are also a lot of shards that fit into what I theorize two of the other dawnshards to be.

So, yeah, as you can see by that rant, the main thing that interests me in Dawnshard is the information on dawnshards. The story itself is decent, but nothing particularly interesting in my opinion.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
            ✨ Magic System Creator
            🎭 Character RPer
            📚 Appreciator of Books

PrincesaChronicle22
            @princesachronicle22

@jonas

Yeah those theories definitely make sense!

I agree on the fact that the Dawnshard was the most interesting aspect. I also thought it was interesting seeing how the Sleepless communicated, and more of what their goals are.

The rest was more simply entertaining in the Lopen-is-great sense

Cloaked Mystery
              @jonas

@princesachronicle22

Yeah, the sleepless are interesting. That reminds me: I was surprised to see a sleepless in Edgedancer. That was one of the few things that surprised me.

I liked how he continued the trend of Lopen accidentally swearing his oaths after the action is over XD.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                ✨ Magic System Creator
                🎭 Character RPer
                📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
                @thearcaneaxiom
                  • Total Posts: 1250

@jonas

Yeah, I’ve read both as well. The sleepless have been really interesting to learn about. And the Dawnshard was really intriguing, and having the background from what you’ve talked about before really helped.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

PrincesaChronicle22
                  @princesachronicle22

@jonas

Yeah, the sleepless are interesting. That reminds me: I was surprised to see a sleepless in Edgedancer. That was one of the few things that surprised me.

I liked how he continued the trend of Lopen accidentally swearing his oaths after the action is over XD.

Yeah 😂

Whaley
                    @whalekeeper
                      • Total Posts: 2602

Y’all. My mum is reading Stormlight Archive and is absolutely loving it. I am basking in glory right now.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

PrincesaChronicle22
                      @princesachronicle22

@Whalekeeper

XD Nice!

Yeah I convinced my Dad to get into the series, so he started listening to the audiobooks and now he’s father than I am!

PrincesaChronicle22
                        @princesachronicle22

Okay, so this isn’t Stormlight but I just finished Warbreaker and loved it!! It was very interesting, and definitley helped to know where all the ROW references came from

Cloaked Mystery
                          @jonas

@princesachronicle22

Cool! (I think we do have a Warbreaker thread, but whatever.)

Yeah, I really like Warbreaker. Unfortunately it seems like its sequel, Nightblood, isn’t coming any time soon.

(Wait have you finished RoW or are you in the middle of it?)

What references are you referring to specifically? From my memory, RoW doesn’t have particularly more than the other SA books.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                            ✨ Magic System Creator
                            🎭 Character RPer
                            📚 Appreciator of Books

PrincesaChronicle22
                            @princesachronicle22

@jonas

Yeah, I really like Warbreaker. Unfortunately it seems like its sequel, Nightblood, isn’t coming any time soon.

How despairingly unfortunate 😔. Though I am relieved to hear that there will be a sequel at all.

(Wait have you finished RoW or are you in the middle of it?)

What references are you referring to specifically? From my memory, RoW doesn’t have particularly more than the other SA books.

I’m in the middle of it, but hopefully me and my brother will get more progress soon. There was just some Breath magic, and the character cross overs, and the whole thing with Nightblood going to Szeth made a loooot more sense 😂

HighScribe
                              @highscribeofaetherium
                                • Total Posts: 2215

@princesachronicle22

Nice! I liked Warbreaker a lot.

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

PrincesaChronicle22
                                @princesachronicle22

@highscribeofaetherium

Yes! Me too!

What were some of your favorite aspects?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 193 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >