@smiley
Active 1 year, 7 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2243
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! It is so nice to meet you! My name is Annabelle, and I love to read, write, draw, play the piano, sew, and do lots of other things! I also post on my blog, https://annabelle.batie.com, once every Monday, if you’re interested.
Wow, your introduction was AMAZING! It captured my attention right away.
Your WIP sounds very…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. Your stories sound super good! I love the titles of your biblical fiction series. They sound really interesting. 😊
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I agree!
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
That’s cool! I enjoy hearing about your writing and your fantasy creatures.
I’ve heard of the Waterfire Saga, but I started to read it and I wasn’t really keen on all the witches and magic stuff. (I know, I write fantasy, but I do very minimal magic). But still, that’s good that it’s a YA, so maybe my book isn’t the…[Read more]
-
Annabelle changed their profile picture 4 years, 8 months ago
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Your WIP sounds so good! And don’t be too afraid that you don’t write. My first/second drafts of my novels always turn out horrible, but it’s a learning process and I’m able to correct them later.
Okay, so starting a blog isn’t exactly easy. I would recommend using either Wix for fast setup, or WordPress.com (but not…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
LOL that would be a great meme!
How many characters do you kill?! The way you’re talking it sounds like all your characters end up dead by the end of the story.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yes, we do! That’s what authors like us are trying to accomplish: getting more good books out there in the world.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yes, I would love to read your story, if you would like to send me the link to your blog! I haven’t actually read a good book about mermaids in a long time…
Thanks for checking out the quiz! I just threw it together as a last-minute blog post, so I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. xD
WELL, I only need…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
No, you’re completely right. When I get to writing that part, I probably should make Maria grieve for her sister more. I appreciate tips like that. 😊
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Fantasy is so cool, and I’ve always wanted to write it. I’ve started several fantasy novels, but never finished them.
Yasss, killing is so satisfying! (Though the way I just said that sounded really evil LOL). I like love stories too, but only when there’s some sort of conflict between two characters falling in love with one character.…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
No, actually I’m not really familiar with real-life twins. Maria and Grace (those are the twins) don’t meet each other until they’re sixteen, so that makes it slightly easier for me to kill Grace because they haven’t known each other for very long before she dies.
That sounds like a cool plot! If you ever get around to…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, your WIP is so cool! I can relate to the evil writer mentality. I’m killing off my main character’s twin sister in the second book in my series, and I’m considering killing her boyfriend. (oops, sorry, that was a spoiler).
*gasps* So I’m not the only teen mermaid lover!!! @daisy-torres, WE NEED TO TALK!!!
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Oh, I’ve heard of the Masterminds Trilogy, but I have yet to read it.
Yeah, that is a variety of music! I currently play piano (also without a teacher). I enjoy listening to cello, although I’ve never played one. Have you heard of The Piano Guys? They do piano/cello duets.
I’ve heard of all the authors you mentioned, and I…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Wow, your WIP sounds so good! How far are you in writing it?
So my current WIP is a series about mermaids called Daughters of the Sea. I know, I know, I’m way too old to be thinking about mermaids anymore, but you have to admit, they’re pretty cool creatures.
Anyway, the main character is a girl named Maria. She starts out as an…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, rewriting can be fun, but it’s also a little bit more boring than writing something from scratch because you feel like you’re writing the same thing all over again.
So my book series is called Daughters of the Sea. Here is the summary I wrote about my book:
“Maria Brooks is just a plain orphan girl with a mysterious past. When…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
My book series is going well. I’m still self-editing it. I’m super busy with other writing projects though, like my blog and a few short stories I’m writing, so it’s hard to find the time.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! It’s nice to meet you! My name is Annabelle, and I also write fantasy, although in the past I’ve done more historical fiction and action/adventure. Currently, I am working on editing my YA novel called Identity, which is the first book in my Daughters of the Sea series. I also run my own blog, annabelle.batie.com, where I p…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
So I didn’t quite get exactly everything you were saying… LOL… but I think I understand a little bit. So you had a story all written out, and then you had all these AMAZING ideas and had to change everything. Was that right?
Okay, so if what I’m understanding is correct, then yes, I have gone through that before, actually…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
You have to finish the Wingfeather Saga! It is SO GOOD!!! It gets better as it progresses too. The ending of the last book is so heartbreaking, but also so beautiful… Anyway, if I keep talking about this, I’m going to spoil it for you, so I better stop.
Yeah, the worlds Tolkien and Lewis created are so awesome. I just recently…[Read more]
- Load More
